Joe Burrow Injury Thread...

4 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Yeah, that’s for steamed/boiled crawfish.  No chance I’m doing that for some garnish in a Midwestern steakhouse, nor should you. 

Steak Burrow was actually "invented" at the Ruby Steakhouse here in Columbus. What you can't really see in the picture is the crawfish/crawdad/crayfish/mudbug/swamp cockroach, creek/crick lobster, etc... sauce is a creole type sauce with lump meat served next to the steak rather than on top. Usually one or 2 of the whole steamed critters as a "garnish" to suck/pinch as you please :10:

13 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

The ones looking at you are decorative.  The key is the sauce.  I was hoping it was more like lump crawfish meat or an etouffee on top.

Same here... I do a "Steak Oscar" with lump blue fin crab and asparagus on top of steak and covered in hollandaise. I was thinking something like that would be pretty friggin' sweet.

12 hours ago, SF2 said:

Where is “down here”?  My mom grew up in Empire, La.  Google it. Wanna be cajuns. 

I am in Houston, and @SmoothD will back me up!

I got family all across La Place, St. Rose, Destrehan, Metairie.

8 minutes ago, MOC said:

Steak Burrow was actually "invented" at the Ruby Steakhouse here in Columbus. What you can't really see in the picture is the crawfish/crawdad/crayfish/mudbug/swamp cockroach, creek/crick lobster, etc... sauce is a creole type sauce with lump meat served next to the steak rather than on top. Usually one or 2 of the whole steamed critters as a "garnish" to suck/pinch as you please :10:

The ol' Swamp and Turf.

I'm sure nothing Ruby's puts out is awful, and hell's bells, we bought the f***ers at Publix and ate the heck out of 'em when I was a kid.  If I ate them from the cold section of the supermarket I can probably trust a $50 a plate steakhouse. And no hate to the midwest, still one of the best Mexican meals I've ever had was in Lexington. And I've been to Mexico.

My concern would be that Ruby's "Cajun" sauce is going to be geared for midwest tastes, and his lump meat will be a mono-textured wasteland of cream sauce and cheap lobster bits. Basically a mildly spicy bisque.

And just to show off, I made a Russian honey cake this weekend.

8lV6DApsDf4ObuScKsV94hSkZiHqpCcmglB7F6uiR5xgxeFkYrDsQmvU7H2GD2YeOewyhVffVGLWCkeseOqQgvhMFi7GKkETxKI6pEJXvqZt_3tAbneiiNmz5kWnCXWlTMduVBMIXbuZdCtfnkUGrV_hKQCW3cI4ic95lsJt7tedoGvEOBJO7FSAZtUP1zEa_Jcu1CPpCoiMXn30UDCyYdISbbJZu2O50tC49FM5cTjYSSDan1dB9qtEaIsZzd1huv1dNUjppE-KNEbpvOhajMcs_pWCXhKc7BWGoVP_--FjhMpQ6dKvrTCYEnfSA3xTgLyUgn5fqgNBaSiGZ3ZLLaCNbHyl7RJoxf0mI5ruoISgInXs6I9lwjhYqVhlQrKf05WuPEp6yryM_R5FJYLayGwtxiKg9xP-_Vt2PYOsGm7Jc1RSvJqQTWK39X_uhaLVy1pXC2SZ0-F9f0gc6buc7G-6LK9nh7w6R3nIx2JHSUFn99Grpvv0-LCjJljU72m_npXEsVNJQqukz-2ZZLRpi4Wg7G8nLlitZJhLAS9MdNMmwGH4zDhzbJuS5FgIljUYMomrPHCkVPGamTIPdpciS2E3Un_nv5IjV2fB6h7VSYDW0fpuDmHCXsZnx6_RrZPVZ9jm7WmXWzn0slH7-RFlzfkYz8u5h058yM5vsCJs95HypzbyxjmuVlwF39kf2F6rQ90wTmmMvz8Th0fmX82b0RBo=w3318-h1865-no?authuser=0

10 hours ago, Cat said:

I am in Houston, and @SmoothD will back me up!

I got family all across La Place, St. Rose, Destrehan, Metairie.

Metairie?  East bank swine. I grew up in Gretna, everyone knows the West Bank rules!

Good to see another Louisiana type here. Most of my family lives in the city.  Aunt owns and rents very nice condos on Camp Street across the street from St. Patrick’s Cathedral.  She lives there and Mos Def the rap star lived there for years.  

She loves talking about inviting his friends up one night to eat Crawdads and shrimp. Imagine having Mos Def, Snoop Dog and some other guys chilling out with your 75 year old Aunt eating seafood and drinking wine.  

Its fucked up my Aunt parties better than me 

She has had Travolta, Bruce Willis, Stallone, Glenn Close and other stars stay in her bottom unit for a few weeks when they have been doing movies.  Studios had it rented for years until Covid. Sean Peyton lived there for 6 months although she rarely saw him.   

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Brady had a good-to-great OL

yet strangely some pretty meh WR's a lot of the time, come to think

Other than some guy named Randy Moss. 
They also only used 3 first round picks on the OL in 15 years. 

15 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Other than some guy named Randy Moss. 

He wasn't on any of his SB winning rosters

They also only used 3 first round picks on the OL in 15 years. 

One of which was Logan Mankins, a future HoF guard. Amazing what you can do with adequate scouting though, right?  Tell you what, once we draft someone on that level instead of the likes of Ced Ogbuehi I'll be on board with filling out the rest of the line in later rounds.

And to save you some time, we've already established that Ol' Musty probably wants more "skill" players 

Archived