Locker room issues emerge

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2020/11/24/21612925/bengals-locker-room-issues-nfl-rumors-zac-taylor-jim-turner-lou-anarumo#comments

Absolute shit show. There is no way they retain this motley crew with this kind of info floating around. 

Lou is worse than we thought and Turner is right on que. He had a hard on for Jordan which costs out star QB his knee. 

Clueless organization.

Should honestly come as a surprise to no one.  I didn't know Anarumo is also a bad imitation of a 1950's era dickhead gym teacher like Turner, but at least he's not a racist bag of garbage too (maybe? "Thug" is a dogwhistle term in case anyone is confused here - the next time I see a white pro athlete publicly called a thug will be the first time.)  Anyway, about what I expected otherwise.  Taylor is just a big bag of hot air.  He's Hobson with some minor coaching experience.

So..  Maybe we can stop pulling each other's dicks about the "culture" now?

14 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Taylor is going nowhere and you all know this to be true. There may wind up being a few "cosmetic" changes but the majority of the band will definitely be back together next year. 100%.

Zac will  get at least 2 more years IMHO. I was thinking it wasjust going to be 1 more due to Covid, but now that Burrow's out I figure that will get him another year on top of that. Wouldn't want to be an assistant coach right about now tho. Hope I'm wrong and Brown blows it up but I doubt it.

29 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

I agree we all know it is true, but this is an absolute critical juncture for this rudderless organization. If they ignore this or try and wash it away with cosmetic changes this will actually get worse. 

What a clusterfuck

This organization will continue to run exactly how it has for the last 30+ years and you know this. 

Continually repeating the same thing in every post isn't going to change that fact in the slightest. 

2 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2020/11/24/21612925/bengals-locker-room-issues-nfl-rumors-zac-taylor-jim-turner-lou-anarumo#comments

Absolute shit show. There is no way they retain this motley crew with this kind of info floating around. 

Lou is worse than we thought and Turner is right on que. He had a hard on for Jordan which costs out star QB his knee. 

Clueless organization.

None of this is surprising.  You can't treat professionals like dirt anymore.  If this is what Dunlap was angry about, I get it. 

What needs to happen is a player to go public.  Give examples.  The coach will burn.  Look up what finally happened to Mike Babcock in the NHL.  Same for his former assistant Bill Peters.  Both were bullies and treated players like dirt.  That doesn't fly anymore.  I would be happy to see a Bengal step up and name names.

1 hour ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

I am proposing it is now being run worse, so not the same. 

As I’ve said many times before, if the old man wants to run the franchise into the ground more power to him. Its his team to do as he likes. Fans can’t even boycott anymore lol. 

19 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

None of this is surprising.  You can't treat professionals like dirt anymore.  If this is what Dunlap was angry about, I get it. 

What needs to happen is a player to go public.  Give examples.  The coach will burn.  Look up what finally happened to Mike Babcock in the NHL.  Same for his former assistant Bill Peters.  Both were bullies and treated players like dirt.  That doesn't fly anymore.  I would be happy to see a Bengal step up and name names.

And if they do many here will state these players are bad teammates 

8 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

And if they do many here will state these players are bad teammates 

There is a difference in bad coaching and abuse.  Whining in the middle of the season because you don't like the coach and his opinion of you is being a bad teammate.  Abuse is something totally different.

12 minutes ago, spicoli said:

As I’ve said many times before, if the old man wants to run the franchise into the ground more power to him. Its his team to do as he likes. Fans can’t even boycott anymore lol. 

It’s impossible to run an NFL franchise into the ground.  They all share ticket and TV revenue. The other owners must be besides themselves having to share with these tapeworms. 

3 minutes ago, SF2 said:

It’s impossible to run an NFL franchise into the ground.  They all share ticket and TV revenue. The other owners must be besides themselves having to share with these tapeworms. 

Not sure about that.  The Bengals don't hurt the value of the other teams.   And Brown's incompetence removes one team from contention.  Just like the Patriots have probably gotten one extra SB win or two because of the horrible teams in their division (given them byes and home field advantage in playoffs), the Ravens and Stillers have feasted on this piece of shit franchise for years. 

Just now, tibor75 said:

Not sure about that.  The Bengals don't hurt the value of the other teams.   And Brown's incompetence removes one team from contention.  Just like the Patriots have probably gotten one extra SB win or two because of the horrible teams in their division (given them byes and home field advantage in playoffs), the Ravens and Stillers have feasted on this piece of shit franchise for years. 

The Bengals only sold 75% of their low priced tickets last year and are probably the bottom of the barrel as far as TV eyeballs are concerned. Even the regional money adds up. 

4 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Yeah Taylor wont be fired, but I wont be surprised if Anarumo and Turner are 

yes, we never wanted anarumo, he was our 4TH!!!!! choice... he was anunemployed shitty giants DB coach...  finding a decent replacement in short, first year coach offseason then pandemic offseason has hurt us BADLY...

i hope turner goes.. but who knows..

also this article is boring clickbait. half the shit is quotes and events from last season mid season..

8 hours ago, SF2 said:

The Bengals only sold 75% of their low priced tickets last year and are probably the bottom of the barrel as far as TV eyeballs are concerned. Even the regional money adds up. 

There are now only 12,000 people allowed in the stands now and they are selling individual and combo pack tickets.

They can't even get 12,000 people there.  For a professional football team.

Sad and telling.

11 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Yeah Taylor wont be fired, but I wont be surprised if Anarumo and Turner are 

So much this 👆🏼  I'm sure possible replacements will be the main topic at the Thanksgiving dinner table.

6 hours ago, GoBengals said:

yes, we never wanted anarumo, he was our 4TH!!!!! choice... he was anunemployed shitty giants DB coach...  finding a decent replacement in short, first year coach offseason then pandemic offseason has hurt us BADLY...

i hope turner goes.. but who knows..

also this article is boring clickbait. half the shit is quotes and events from last season mid season..

Pretty much but it came right out and said why Michael Jordan is/was playing left guard.  Turner's boyfriend.

On 11/24/2020 at 9:48 PM, tibor75 said:

Plus the Bengals are a handy scapegoat whenever the NFL needs to suspend someone to avoid wider scrutiny.  They'll get their value out of the franchise one way or another.  Clearly the Brown Family Trust DGAF as long as the checks keep coming.

Follow up article and the reporter is on a podcast

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2020/11/27/21721351/bengals-news-offensive-linemen-jim-turner

Interesting that at the end of the podcast they asked the reporter if she should do a story on the lack of GM and scout5s and she simply said 'You will just have to ask Mike Brown that"

Archived