Locker room issues emerge

On 11/24/2020 at 9:48 PM, tibor75 said:

Not sure about that.  The Bengals don't hurt the value of the other teams.   And Brown's incompetence removes one team from contention.  Just like the Patriots have probably gotten one extra SB win or two because of the horrible teams in their division (given them byes and home field advantage in playoffs), the Ravens and Stillers have feasted on this piece of shit franchise for years. 

Damn good comment..

On 11/25/2020 at 6:09 AM, High School Harry said:

There are now only 12,000 people allowed in the stands now and they are selling individual and combo pack tickets.

They can't even get 12,000 people there.  For a professional football team.

Sad and telling.

Bet soccer would outdraw that in the Nati...

On 11/28/2020 at 12:11 AM, Catfish Bob said:

My 5th and 6th grade coach would jab his finger into the back of my lower neck.  These guys crying over feelings. 

Yes because the NFL is definitely comparable to your middle school football team, that's an apples to apples comparison for sure. I guess the modern day athlete isn't as tough as you Catfish Bob...

Let's talk about setting appropriate boundaries. A grown man poking little boys in the neck isn't coaching, it's weird and he wouldn't have done it if your parents were around.

11 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

Yes because the NFL is definitely comparable to your middle school football team, that's an apples to apples comparison for sure. I guess the modern day athlete isn't as tough as you Catfish Bob...

Let's talk about setting appropriate boundaries. A grown man poking little boys in neck isn't coaching, it's weird and he wouldn't have done it if your parents were around.

I would love to read the police report:  NFL coach jabs finger into back of Vontaze Burfict’s neck, has limb ripped off. 

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2020/11/30/zac-taylor-quickly-names-brandon-allen-as-bengals-starter-vs-dolphins/

Another reference from the week before the Giants game??

From Geoff Hobson of Bengals.com:

“I’ve just been around Brandon and felt like he gave us a good chance (to win), and he did. I feel like he’s a good decision maker. Not everything was perfect, but again, we knew there were going to be some challenges. We needed the guys around him to lift him up and help him through this week, and we didn’t get enough of that, to be quite honest. And there will be some things we need him to improve on, certainly. We need the whole unit to be more supportive around him.”

:icon15:, indeed? :39:

5 hours ago, High School Harry said:

From Geoff Hobson of Bengals.com:

“I’ve just been around Brandon and felt like he gave us a good chance (to win), and he did. I feel like he’s a good decision maker. Not everything was perfect, but again, we knew there were going to be some challenges. We needed the guys around him to lift him up and help him through this week, and we didn’t get enough of that, to be quite honest. And there will be some things we need him to improve on, certainly. We need the whole unit to be more supportive around him.”

Did you also like how Hobson's article was very quick to state that the running game WAS NO HELP to Allen/the team?  They ran the ball 10 fuggin times (15 by stats, but only 10 were designed runs) and they ran it fine on average so... WTF is he talking about?  It was no help because Zac refuses to run the ball?  In a close game he has the practice squad QB throw it 30 times?

2 minutes ago, babishop said:

Like certain talking heads Zac is playing to an audience of 1

One thing Zach has developed is coachspeak..

They say nothing..

The connection between Coach Turner and Zach's father in law Mike Sherman must be so strong that hes tied to him..

Somehow they have to release Turner before this Olines spirit is crushed..

Cant stand that guy ..

5 hours ago, HavePityPlease said:

Did you also like how Hobson's article was very quick to state that the running game WAS NO HELP to Allen/the team?  They ran the ball 10 fuggin times (15 by stats, but only 10 were designed runs) and they ran it fine on average so... WTF is he talking about?  It was no help because Zac refuses to run the ball?  In a close game he has the practice squad QB throw it 30 times?

Post game mentioned it, too.  Giants stacked up to stop the run and force him to throw which he did.  Poorly.

My concern and thoughts about the article was he was not supported by other (unnamed) players in the locker room.

Not exactly what you would call a "team".  Joe Burrow was the leader.  After him ummm... ummmm.... no one stood up.

I don't bash Zac but this does fall on him.  This season is a wash.  Suck for Sewell and refund my money.

He will be back next year but on a short leash.

I keep looking to see if Lou Armadillo will be gone by Wednesday.  Darrin Simmons step up.  Maybe Nick Eason.

But if the team does not support their own quarterback no matter who it is... David Klingler deja vu.

Archived