Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

Post game mentioned it, too.  Giants stacked up to stop the run and force him to throw which he did.  Poorly.

 

My concern and thoughts about the article was he was not supported by other (unnamed) players in the locker room.

Not exactly what you would call a "team".  Joe Burrow was the leader.  After him ummm... ummmm.... no one stood up.

I don't bash Zac but this does fall on him.  This season is a wash.  Suck for Sewell and refund my money.

He will be back next year but on a short leash.

I keep looking to see if Lou Armadillo will be gone by Wednesday.  Darrin Simmons step up.  Maybe Nick Eason.

 

But if the team does not support their own quarterback no matter who it is... David Klingler deja vu.

Good post..

Annaruno should be gone..

Players cant approach him?

What else can you say about this misfit than that?

Jim Turner Still calling belittling  names to grown men?

JB was this teams one and only spirit to ride with..

Hes gone..Its gone..

 

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes because the NFL is definitely comparable to your middle school football team, that's an apples to apples comparison for sure. I guess the modern day athlete isn't as tough as you Catfish Bob...

I would love to read the police report:  NFL coach jabs finger into back of Vontaze Burfict’s neck, has limb ripped off. 

On 11/30/2020 at 7:49 PM, High School Harry said:

But if the team does not support their own quarterback no matter who it is... David Klingler deja vu.

I mean... That's what you took away from that? 

A) Taylor said it, so it's a fact?? I mean, did he even need to call out his own players like that? And what corroborates his subjective opinion of how supportive the team was?

B) These are his players. His culture. So, what exactly is he criticizing? Word has it he's lost the locker room, and this leans towards that direction. Doesn't sound like guys are playing/practicing to win for him, even by his own admission. Losing Burrow took away what little chance this team had to do anything.

C) You're the QB. You don't ask to be a leader, you are. So, what does this say about Allen's ability to lead? Is coach Zac going to go in and tell them they have to be nice to the new guy? Are they going to follow him because they think he can win or because they might get in trouble with the boss?

When managers tell me stuff like this... You either managed to beat the odds and hire 52 people that don't want to succeed, or you aren't leading the 52 people on a path they see as successful. The second reason is far more likely. Bad carpenters blame the wood.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2020 at 9:41 PM, PatternMaster said:

 

Yes because the NFL is definitely comparable to your middle school football team, that's an apples to apples comparison for sure. I guess the modern day athlete isn't as tough as you Catfish Bob...

 

Let's talk about setting appropriate boundaries. A grown man poking little boys in the neck isn't coaching, it's weird and he wouldn't have done it if your parents were around.

He did it with parents around or not. The parents loved the guy because he was such a hard as and kept us little devils in check.  But i was just joking man no reason get all upset. No one can joke around these days. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

He did it with parents around or not. The parents loved the guy because he was such a hard as and kept us little devils in check.  But i was just joking man no reason get all upset. No one can joke around these days. 

Sure u can joke around here Bob..

This team is so absurdly bad in all areas you cant help but laugh at them sometimes..

😊

Link to post
Share on other sites

After today's display... After the last few weeks... I'd believe this even if there wasn't an article.

 

It's obvious watching the product on the field that the Bengals are poorly coached. Failing to get anything out of the vets and relying on undisciplined play from youngsters eager to get some big hits on their game tape. It's been a consistent feature of Zac's Bengals.

 

If it was any other team, any other owner, you know he'd be fired, and soon... But it's Mike Brown. 50/50 he is back next year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

After today's display... After the last few weeks... I'd believe this even if there wasn't an article.

 

It's obvious watching the product on the field that the Bengals are poorly coached. Failing to get anything out of the vets and relying on undisciplined play from youngsters eager to get some big hits on their game tape. It's been a consistent feature of Zac's Bengals.

 

If it was any other team, any other owner, you know he'd be fired, and soon... But it's Mike Brown. 50/50 he is back next year. 

 

I think 50/50 is being way too generous.  They still owe him money after all.  I think I could be an assistant coach if Mike Brown owed me a dollar.  It's the John Ross situation but even more ridiculous.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Clearly the team is in turmoil so even the half blind inbreds can see that. And despite his many faults, Mike Brown does respect the game so Shula's shit show yesterday probably does not sit well with him.  

 

At this point, it will actually be laughable if they keep Shula on as HC. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Clearly the team is in turmoil so even the half blind inbreds can see that. And despite his many faults, Mike Brown does respect the game so Shula's shit show yesterday probably does not sit well with him.  

 

At this point, it will actually be laughable if they keep Shula on as HC. 

I'm going 60/40 that he's fired. Lebau only got two seasons if IRC. Look at how the dolphins have turned it around in one year with a new HC. Wake up Brown family. Cut your losses and go after Bienemy or Brady.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Clearly the team is in turmoil so even the half blind inbreds can see that. And despite his many faults, Mike Brown does respect the game so Shula's shit show yesterday probably does not sit well with him.  

 

At this point, it will actually be laughable if they keep Shula on as HC. 

You're thinking logically. I think (fear) Brown will blame this shit season on Covid / Burrow's injury and keep Taylor around.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

You would think after 28 long years, MFB would know how to build a winning franchise.  What in the heck have they learned except cashing in every year?  If the CBA supports losing teams from the winning teams, then to me, they need to downsize this league or force losing owners to sell their team after a certain amount of time from not winning a playoff game or getting to

the SuperBowl.  This has become beyond ridiculous seeing this team lose in so many years and accomplishing, Nothing, except receiving participation trophies.  How we all are still fans of this team is beyond me.  I know, beating a dead horse.  Yea, I may be disgruntled a lot, but the years has taken its toll on this fan.  I guess I am a sucker for losers and I have always believed that this losing crap cannot go on forever no matter who is at the top of the food chain, then again maybe it can.  Sad!  Off my soapbox now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, TigerJ@w said:

I guess I am a sucker for losers and I have always believed that this losing crap cannot go on forever no matter who is at the top of the food chain, then again maybe it can.

 

Oh it can, and it will.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cat said:

You're thinking logically. I think (fear) Brown will blame this shit season on Covid / Burrow's injury and keep Taylor around.

 

There's always an excuse.  It's why they love to keep their IR All-Stars around.

 

"If only this guy that spent the last 3 years on IR didn't go to IR this year! Oh well, these things happen, that's just football I guess! He'll be great next year for sure."

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TigerJ@w said:

You would think after 28 long years, MFB would know how to build a winning franchise. 

They kept a coach that won zero playoff games around for 16 years.  They simply don’t care.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cat said:

You're thinking logically. I think (fear) Brown will blame this shit season on Covid / Burrow's injury and keep Taylor around.

That's my thought.

"COVID interrupts the hiring process, so lets stay the course "

Hobson is writing the article as we speak. 

 

Meanwhile:

 

Burrow Year 1: Wasted

Burrow Year 2: Likely Wasted

Burrow Year 3: 1st Year with a new Head Coach

Burrow Year 4: Time to Compete?

Burrow Year 5: Time to Compete?

Burrow Year 6: Time to Pay Burrow. Does he still want to be here?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2020 at 7:49 PM, High School Harry said:

Post game mentioned it, too.  Giants stacked up to stop the run and force him to throw which he did.  Poorly.

 

My concern and thoughts about the article was he was not supported by other (unnamed) players in the locker room.

Not exactly what you would call a "team".  Joe Burrow was the leader.  After him ummm... ummmm.... no one stood up.

I don't bash Zac but this does fall on him.  This season is a wash.  Suck for Sewell and refund my money.

He will be back next year but on a short leash.

I keep looking to see if Lou Armadillo will be gone by Wednesday.  Darrin Simmons step up.  Maybe Nick Eason.

 

But if the team does not support their own quarterback no matter who it is... David Klingler deja vu.

The players Know that Finley Allen or 

the newest ps qb sucks..

They Know that they cant run or pass..

Where is the motivation with these rejects leading your team?

There is none..

Irs going thru the motions time now..

And thats the way it will be to finish this year..

 Bring on Sewell!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2020 at 7:49 PM, High School Harry said:

Post game mentioned it, too.  Giants stacked up to stop the run and force him to throw which he did.  Poorly.

 

My concern and thoughts about the article was he was not supported by other (unnamed) players in the locker room.

Not exactly what you would call a "team".  Joe Burrow was the leader.  After him ummm... ummmm.... no one stood up.

I don't bash Zac but this does fall on him.  This season is a wash.  Suck for Sewell and refund my money.

He will be back next year but on a short leash.

I keep looking to see if Lou Armadillo will be gone by Wednesday.  Darrin Simmons step up.  Maybe Nick Eason.

 

But if the team does not support their own quarterback no matter who it is... David Klingler deja vu.

The players Know that Finley Allen or 

the newest ps qb sucks..

They Know that they cant run or pass..

Where is the motivation with these rejects leading your team?

There is none..

Irs going thru the motions time now..

And thats the way it will be to finish this year..

 Bring on Sewell!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Madieu Superstar said:

Meanwhile:

 

Burrow Year 1: Wasted

Burrow Year 2: Likely Wasted

Burrow Year 3: 1st Year with a new Head Coach

Burrow Year 4: Time to Compete?

Burrow Year 5: Is he really that good if he isn't winning playoff games?

Burrow Year 6: Time to Pay Burrow. Does he still want to be here?

FTFY.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, SF2 said:

They kept a coach that won zero playoff games around for 16 years.  They simply don’t care.  

 

We can all hope that MB doesn't have 16 years left in him. Lots of good people die every day. When his time comes, Mike Brown won't be one of them. IMO the odds are pretty high that Taylor is back again next year. Brown will clutch at any excuse to avoid change or even accountability. Burrow's injury won't be attributed to Taylor calling too many passes behind a bad O-line. It will just be a random thing that seems to happen to the Bengals too often. They're not mismanaged, they're just unlucky. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...