How Much Lower Can They Go?

In case you didn’t realize this, there are plenty of tickets available for today’s game.

Endzone seats can be had for $21.  Good Field Level seats are $80 to $90 and even the best club seats available (2seats midfield Bengals side Sec 211 & 209) can be bought for $59 to $72 a piece. 

Considering there are only 12,000 seats available those figures are quite stunning and sad. 

https://www.vividseats.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals-tickets/bengals-11-29-3524424.html

• SF2 changed the title to How Much Lower Can They Go?

The Bengals biggest attraction got splattered on the field last week. Maybe Mikey can cut beer prices to entice the fans, cuz ya may as well get drunk  watching what is going on during the game as it will ease the pain.

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

50-ish degrees and a nice day. 

One last round of golf to get in! 

Its only 30 out there now and feels colder.

I'm going, not sure if son will make it or not because of his 5th Covid exposure Wednesday.

Winter gear and new yukon wolf coat.

Going one thing, staying another.

9 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

How did you score? 

I was putting up a very respectable 4 under until I got to my nemesis, hole 11. Uphill through a 10 foot gap between some trees. 2 OB's. Blew up my score. I parked #18 for birdie and managed to get out of there even.

Some fucker on my card threw a god-damned thumber, missed every tree in the forest by 2 inches and got the Eagle.

8863393b.jpg 8d99ef62.jpg

13 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Used to throw frisbees yrs ago..

Id like to try that sometime..

It's a good reason to get out in the woods on a nice day. The course we have near us is the longest course in VA - it winds up being a 4 mile hike through some pretty rough woods. Smaller downtown courses can be a mile or less. I used to play a 9 hole in Charlottesville after work - Could be done in 45 minutes.

Disc golf is surprisingly technical and requires a good amount of athleticism. Throwing a disc from goal post to goal post requires solid form and explosiveness from the entire body. Hitting the right angle to find your line through the trees requires skill.

You can pick up a basic starter set at Wal Mart and find a course near you. :)

12 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

It's a good reason to get out in the woods on a nice day. The course we have near us is the longest course in VA - it winds up being a 4 mile hike through some pretty rough woods. Smaller downtown courses can be a mile or less. I used to play a 9 hole in Charlottesville after work - Could be done in 45 minutes.

Disc golf is surprisingly technical and requires a good amount of athleticism. Throwing a disc from goal post to goal post requires solid form and explosiveness from the entire body. Hitting the right angle to find your line through the trees requires skill.

You can pick up a basic starter set at Wal Mart and find a course near you. :)

Tks...

3 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

I was putting up a very respectable 4 under until I got to my nemesis, hole 11. Uphill through a 10 foot gap between some trees. 2 OB's. Blew up my score. I parked #18 for birdie and managed to get out of there even.

Some fucker on my card threw a god-damned thumber, missed every tree in the forest by 2 inches and got the Eagle.

8863393b.jpg 8d99ef62.jpg

When I grow up, I want to be like you! Great round! 

I finished mine 38-47. Back 9 was wheels fall off. But did finish with a bird on 18 so I can now hibernate for the winter, and keep trying to convince myself “nothing to this game”. 

2 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

I finished mine 38-47. Back 9 was wheels fall off. But did finish with a bird on 18 so I can now hibernate for the winter, and keep trying to convince myself “nothing to this game”. 

Too cold for winter play??

Depends. Most courses close in the winter months here. Might get a thaw in January, so possible to sneak a round in I the courses that remain open, though never a guarantee. 

Once March comes, it gets warmer, but the courses are really wet. I call it like playing in the Mekong Delta. 

I realistically never count on playing until April. 

41 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Depends. Most courses close in the winter months here. Might get a thaw in January, so possible to sneak a round in I the courses that remain open, though never a guarantee. 

Once March comes, it gets warmer, but the courses are really wet. I call it like playing in the Mekong Delta. 

I realistically never count on playing until April. 

I don't play golf anymore - I haven't in about a decade... but you'd love it down here. Golf all you want, except only the psychos play between June and September.

8 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

I'm lucky enough to play with a few ex-pros. I've been playing for a long time, and those guys made me step up my game big. I was in the 960's at the end of last year. The biggest takeaway I can give you is just how effortless these guys can make 400 look. I've slowed down my form a lot in the years since I've been playing with them. The bad thing is that I'm 48, and I have 1 more year in MA40 before I'm in MA50 with two guys that can beat me any day. :) Let's hope corona doesn't take away my tourney wins.

"The Monster" is close to my house... We say if you walk away and you're not bleeding, you won. Par is pretty decent for me there. Sucks to know that if I hadn't tried to muscle my disc after Drew's nutso "hold my beer" thumber I could have been 3 under. I was par/birdie on that hole my last two rounds and finally starting to think that trees deserve to live.

And If I can show off a little.... I've gotten into dyeing my discs this year. Fun stuff.

E1huYVJGMca0LHRfFvog-1Dpj5MXNXUMNbTzueORwHvYpGPZaH7njRAbDSaRfmcsEWwwBUtz8FxaYxo_Fd7XopMdxtWd4QuMSTMGT1Z4OiF08B8AJTrltkOREUXICKOtIMGwOF5E4sLl8kMJKztlwqg43gikSkQTIUUbH77bMLAJ_rXu2BO0xLJEGs3sN3XdIjTIbIEHN8g2lzYqYNuEAe2HOsXEvWQY6NAsZfoWrNpwByrXpIWaDEkSa0IsBmHsvOC9pI1RxhSP6BAW-ZiTZZ6c21ItVfLYH7pNv7ymVdm9dYRREAyhZYsw6ueZkrFK1kgv5s4Y6xrnkciwdRSWt4RO2Jgi48ay63KpWiiAYfZuFRU4FLtNMegoFiyvX510tq8VoJYbKSgMAWGb5OROQD2kAYYiRkmw1Q6xEfXCkU20m02Aus1Okxt03NlpJXIDOCTwXtvHYKRJa9SWMLS5x4SZ7LgBtG9IsH6bIp4dMEe4XCHrYJ-jCjxEkYfKWVopSQjPU9x0dP1L5j1rJAbytb9uBL3xSshl_VvLUQ5FVfFYxczOFrZk3vq0hBw_DAyvpRIngian0xbu4cYykAosp1vSZklHrQcosBLSAFoug8glC9QUbDfaP7KYfoHNXks8JdgX3-gyVbXMxbfCSut7aMQQiUcHdbAyA997A8kPWByAIjucW3QKevdDBQ3s=w1637-h1229-no?authuser=0a_XLZ1bHBnpZPjKXHCN47PvmuFmljHjf6JIYYYCSC-gsZ9jAOfPsPuixBWPSPFZvdzO8Mj2An_sMC13S3aWkKSSucwtqiSgVSbeO5E_QMTPcvCgnuwW63zfWBFa17l2aZb37uVAuIGmRgnSOiGecUpZd6ceH8SC-F2WizfoML-M01xrDHu4kyHWt4KihI9OY_Oofc764iY_cGBL3X3iv4pdb0U_MFH8ew7NNSGo6WDMhBm6IqtgQSyBXDLvbZ_2eTr8rbRRPFeeeeMyfYenWFGbvDD2WEFmJfBawWI39nXqr42QWTVNBOZACBqPSgZjOy0qqkE6sRnbxrdwhrfkxC2_a5ST7eJNS7eZq1mYFT5YI9YbENaMQzD70rPzUZvEygtSanft3QzBi7qNRp5DGCbsBmQ4lGAoZLAIrJnTXw6olHjXTJEMxYb6h-koLdhc_VsIO7Mfhd0HPrVAAmUlsDlmu-bejDJYv4DXPA15LRDH09yYSgqDoKh1DZP2WIqCmbmM0eJl81-KdoT7ZKXm_gG8xGE2gp-WWAefY7gwQ4lvJHgB5o9tegUZPRm7BwmzzqKFH6a94eFv-6Xb47gICjnwu9YRO7VCEHdvZHKt-Ujzj5ATrM-jZeDgIIvksp5BGcNQpId8ZeV1_9H_WyN-iC5ZlrNqc2EkKdYWGXy-sG3SOEtNUIiHaelWoa2ui=w1260-h1229-no?authuser=0

14 hours ago, Cat said:

I don't play golf anymore - I haven't in about a decade... but you'd love it down here. Golf all you want, except only the psychos play between June and September.

I note you are in/around Houston. Have several relations down that direction, and have taken advantage of that winter golf. Exceptional courses. We have given thought to the area as a possible retirement location.    

Archived