Gnats Game Day Thread

41 minutes ago, BengalBryan said:

There’s had to be another vet QB out there instead of starting Allen & Finley..both are horrible..Matt Moore or anyone be better

why spend money after another pathetic losing season is locked up? To move up the draft order?

At this point I'd pay to watch Zach suit up, it would serve him right take a snap behind that line.  Yeah, Yeah, I know they've gotten better.

8 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

why spend money after another pathetic losing season is locked up? To move up the draft order?

At this point I'd pay to watch Zach suit up, it would serve him right take a snap behind that line.  Yeah, Yeah, I know they've gotten better.

Actually something very interesting that relates to exactly that has come about because of the current Broncos situation of having ALL FOUR QBs on their roster+PS being out with Covid.  

The Broncos wanted to start one of their assistant coaches, who ran the offense when the QBs were out.  The league refused.  Reason being - this way a team could "stash" potential players on the coaching staff without having any of the player rules applying to them.

5 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

Actually something very interesting that relates to exactly that has come about because of the current Broncos situation of having ALL FOUR QBs on their roster+PS being out with Covid.  

The Broncos wanted to start one of their assistant coaches, who ran the offense when the QBs were out.  The league refused.  Reason being - this way a team could "stash" potential players on the coaching staff without having any of the player rules applying to them.

It is actually a pretty smart rule.  

Just now, SF2 said:

It is actually a pretty smart rule.  

Yeah they definitely can't allow it for this reason - but was it an actual, explicit rule?  The article I read didn't make that claim but it could be - the article implied that it was a snap decision the league made.

4 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

Yeah they definitely can't allow it for this reason - but was it an actual, explicit rule?  The article I read didn't make that claim but it could be - the article implied that it was a snap decision the league made.

Any player has to be under contract and be a member of the player’s union.  You cant simply suit up and play for fun. 

4 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Any player has to be under contract and be a member of the player’s union.  You cant simply suit up and play for fun. 

Yes of course and although the article didn't say it I can't imagine anything other than what the Broncos asked was that they could fast-track him into a player contract.

7 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

So why did the Bronco's have to play and the Ravens didn't? NFL and double standards again, but unusual, Denver is a favored franchise.

Possibly because the QBs were eliminated by contact tracing, whereas Baltimore had a bunch of positive tests.

9 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

So why did the Bronco's have to play and the Ravens didn't? NFL and double standards again, but unusual, Denver is a favored franchise.

Denver just missing a few people.  Baltimore missing 1/3 of team plus coaches and staff. 

5 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Denver just missing a few people.  Baltimore missing 1/3 of team plus coaches and staff. 

That is lame, what's the magic number? Denver is missing 100% of a unit. Believe me, I'm no Bronco's fan, I just think it's a BS situation. The state of play is putrid, aint just the Bengals that look awful. The NFL is putting on a shitte product.

1 minute ago, UncleEarl said:

While this would be an acceptable reason, that article I keep mentioning was actually primarily about the fact that the league refused to postpone the game.  The article claimed it was because the league was *cracking down* on failures in protocol - apparently Denver's going to be fined and lose a draft pick over it as well (i.e. the other QBs didn't wear masks around Driskel, who is the actual infected/positive QB).

But what I understand about the Ravens was both that they ALSO got their spike from a failure in protocol (from a coach) and that they were fined - I haven't heard anything about losing draft picks.  Also the Ravens' situation "evolved" over time, and the league didn't hesitate at all to postpone that game - and frankly this Denver game is the first game I've seen that the league didn't postpone when a team was hit by Covid in a way that could affect the core game plan.

Oh, and they've not surprisingly postponed the Ravens/Cowboys game that was supposed to go on Thursday... to Monday night.

Just now, Le Tigre said:

Kendall Hinton (a WR by trade) is 1-9 13 yds 2 INTS

Looks like they are now going to a near wing T offense 

NO ahead 24-3. Taysom Hill has 42 yds passing and an INT

The NFL is a disaster. 

Yep I've been watching it.  It's completely horrid. 

The positive is that Denver's defense came to fuggin play.  So disheartening to see how far away the Bengals D is from being competitive.

12 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

That is lame, what's the magic number? Denver is missing 100% of a unit. Believe me, I'm no Bronco's fan, I just think it's a BS situation. The state of play is putrid, aint just the Bengals that look awful. The NFL is putting on a shitte product.

There is no excuse for 3 of their QBs to get taken out by contact tracing.  What, they all got in the hot tub with Driskel?

1 minute ago, HavePityPlease said:

Yep I've been watching it.  It's completely horrid. 

The positive is that Denver's defense came to fuggin play.  So disheartening to see how far away the Bengals D is from being competitive.

I dunno..it’s kinda fun. I give a tip of cap to DEN coaches. Going to this no-pass/wing T stuff has caught NO off guard. They won’t win, but the radical changes on the fly is rather noteworthy 

Archived