Sewer Brewer: Week 12

If you told me I would lose interest in this award by Week 12, I would say great news.  It means the team is winning and competent. 

But no the complete opposite.  All hope is gone.  Here is hoping Brandon Allen or whatever his name is embarrasses himself and there are no injuries to the young stars. 

3 hours ago, tibor75 said:

If you told me I would lose interest in this award by Week 12, I would say great news.  It means the team is winning and competent. 

But no the complete opposite.  All hope is gone.  Here is hoping Brandon Allen or whatever his name is embarrasses himself and there are no injuries to the young stars. 

....And just like that, you get your wish.

Definitely Allen, after the announcers tried to pump him up and say "wow he has a chance in his first start to go win the game!"... then to fall flat on his face like that, yeah.

Going into that though I thought Sims was the leader.  The most embarrassing being on one of the late Giants drives and his man fell down, and what does he do?  Stops dead and looks at the QB.  What does his man do?  Gets up and catches the pass.  It's the NFL, if they can't get a player who has football player instincts they should just quit.

Week 1: Randy Bullocks

Week 2: John Ross

Week 3: Billy Price is Wrong

Week 4: Drew Urine Sample

Week 5: AJ Green

Week 6: Darius Wilson Phillips

Week 7: Darius Wilson Phillips

Week 8: Carl Lawson

Week 9: BYE

Week 10: Alex Erickson

Week 11: Michael Jordan

Week 12: Brandon Allen

25 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

IIRC, he was in a crowd, too.

Ball should never have been thrown to him.

Oh, well Allen was throwing into huge crowds (of opponents) all day long.  The saddest being the one where Boyd had I believe three guys draped on him and another coming up from the back and Allen basically threw it directly at one of the defenders who was so shocked he caught it... then dropped it... then just stared at the ball as it fell to the ground in this stunned sort of face.  Meanwhile Boyd had this look of... "I guess you were throwing it to that guy?  I guess?"

31 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

He's just playing out the season to see what 2021 brings.  If anything.

He will get picked up and become rejuvenated like Amari Cooper. 

I have a hard time voting for a guy who was on the practice squad a week ago winning unless he is kicker or something.  Stepping in the starting QB spot with few snaps isn’t fair or intelligent from a franchise perspective.    Better option with guys who shouldn’t be playing like crap game 10. 

11 hours ago, SF2 said:

He will get picked up and become rejuvenated like Amari Cooper. 

I have a hard time voting for a guy who was on the practice squad a week ago winning unless he is kicker or something.  Stepping in the starting QB spot with few snaps isn’t fair or intelligent from a franchise perspective.    Better option with guys who shouldn’t be playing like crap game 10. 

This is a good point.  It was more so on how it happened. 

Giants first down, game over...wait penalty on NY....they get the ball back...it's a good punt...holy crap, Erickson with a great return...team is pumped up!

Next play - fumble.  It's over

If another player had a pathetic moment like that, sure lets' give it to him.  Vonn Bell made up for his earlier shit play.  Urine Sample's fumble wasn't that horrible. 

14 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

Giants first down, game over...wait penalty on NY....they get the ball back...it's a good punt...holy crap, Erickson with a great return...team is pumped up!

If another player had a pathetic moment like that, sure lets' give it to him.  Vonn Bell made up for his earlier shit play.  Urine Sample's fumble wasn't that horrible. 

True, but why was he sacked?  Another shitty first round pick couldn't block a guy who had already been chipped.  Williams had extra time to be set and ready and still couldn't do it.  FAIL!  He had a shit day with a key penalty wiping out a big gain as well.  Jonah Williams is guy who should be pilloried. 

9 hours ago, tibor75 said:

They should keep stats on punchouts now..more players are doing it..

Are fumbles up this year?..seems so.

I might be crazy but I thought Adeniji played good at left tackle the week he was there and thought he was better than Jonah Williams. Was hoping they would have given him another shot even when Williams returned, but they put him at right tackle and was not so good. But it seems Jonah Williams takes his turn playing like shit and may not be the answer at left tackle.  

17 minutes ago, CalifBengalfan said:

I might be crazy but I thought Adeniji played good at left tackle the week he was there and thought he was better than Jonah Williams. Was hoping they would have given him another shot even when Williams returned, but they put him at right tackle and was not so good. But it seems Jonah Williams takes his turn playing like shit and may not be the answer at left tackle.  

Adenijji has played at LT in college.

He could move inside to LG with more strength..

When they draft Sewell (yep) hell  play LT with Jonah going to RT..

Sewell is just toi good at LT..

Maybe Big Q and Jonah will connect on the right side...

Archived