Potential new head coaches

31 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Harbaugh is batshit crazy. Why in the hell would NFL players play for that douche if college kids won't?

44-19-1 in the regular season

5-3 in the playoffs with an NFC Championship.  Yeah, NFL players won’t play for him.  

There aren't any slam dunk guys on that list. Eric Bienemy is going to be the hottest name in the off season but he likely won't be available until February and he doesn't even call the plays under Andy Reid. 

I can live with keeping Zac if he agrees to hiring better assistants. At the very least he needs a new D-coordinator and a new O-line coach.  If he doesn't agree to that then I'd fire his butt

37 minutes ago, SF2 said:

44-19-1 in the regular season

5-3 in the playoffs with an NFC Championship.  Yeah, NFL players won’t play for him.  

A lot has happened between then and now. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that he has completely blown all credibility at this point. There's no one that takes that sociopath seriously anymore, not even a bunch of college kids. 

7 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

There aren't any slam dunk guys on that list. Eric Bienemy is going to be the hottest name in the off season but he likely won't be available until February and he doesn't even call the plays under Andy Reid. 

I can live with keeping Zac if he agrees to hiring better assistants. At the very least he needs a new D-coordinator and a new O-line coach.  If he doesn't agree to that then I'd fire his butt

An Offensive Coordinator, too, please.

8 hours ago, stryker57 said:

like thats an accomplishment..... my mother in law has as many play off wins as the bengals in the last  25 years .  maybe they should hire her 

5 playoff wins in only 4 years of coaching to include a Conference Championship and almost winning a Super Bowl is no longer considered an accomplishment, thanks for the update.  

Your analogy is garbage, Harbaugh actually won something, your mother in law won you, poor thing. 

8 hours ago, spicoli said:

A lot has happened between then and now. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that he has completely blown all credibility at this point. There's no one that takes that sociopath seriously anymore, not even a bunch of college kids. 

Buckeye fans make me laugh. Harbaugh’s record at Michigan is better than the last few coaches.  He simply can’t convince any high end QB to play there when there are far better options. Mahomes played at Texas Tech.  Burrow LEFT OSU to play someplace better.  

Big 10 football is so horribly overrated.  Maybe 1.5 good teams every year? 

56 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Buckeye fans make me laugh. Harbaugh’s record at Michigan is better than the last few coaches.  He simply can’t convince any high end QB to play there when there are far better options. Mahomes played at Texas Tech.  Burrow LEFT OSU to play someplace better.  

The B1G sucks big fat donkey ass. Watching OSU beat those shitty teams is boring AF, but hey all the fans get to do that O-H cheer. lol 

Sorry buckeye fans. You know it's true. 

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

Yes, Big 10 football is overrated.  Still, even without a high end QB Michigan shouldn't be anywhere close to as bad as they have been.  They recruit top classes on an annual basis.  Only thing left is....coaching.  Harbaugh has lost his marbles.  He has had QB talent.  Dylan McCaffrey was a big time signing.  He opted out this season and is transferring.  They have another top signing coming in next season in JJ McCarthy.  Harbaugh has plenty of talent.  Why is his program cratering?

Burrow left OSU because he was never going to play for Meyer.  He didn't fit his QB mold.  You know, the one where they have little to no chance of succeeding in the NFL?  Don't know why any good HS QB would sign with Urban Meyer. 

54 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Yes, Big 10 football is overrated.  Still, even without a high end QB Michigan shouldn't be anywhere close to as bad as they have been.  They recruit top classes on an annual basis.  Only thing left is....coaching.  Harbaugh has lost his marbles.  He has had QB talent.  Dylan McCaffrey was a big time signing.  He opted out this season and is transferring.  They have another top signing coming in next season in JJ McCarthy.  Harbaugh has plenty of talent.  Why is his program cratering?

Burrow left OSU because he was never going to play for Meyer.  He didn't fit his QB mold.  You know, the one where they have little to no chance of succeeding in the NFL?  Don't know why any good HS QB would sign with Urban Meyer. 

I am sorry but I have seen Michigan play 3 times this year.  The QB play has been HORRIBLE!  I mean fucking terrible.  Watching guys who can’t accurately throw the ball 15 yards is mind numbing.  Watching guys completely miss WIDE open receivers is brutal.   Worse is one game they play ok and the next they totally suck.  

Plenty of highly rated kids come out of High School and simply can not play at the college level.  Best example is 5 star recruit Tate Martell.  My daughter knew him in college. He was a douche.  She is also good friends with KJ Hill. When Martell left Hill told her he was the dumbest QB he had ever met. 

16 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I am sorry but I have seen Michigan play 3 times this year.  The QB play has been HORRIBLE!  I mean fucking terrible.  Watching guys who can’t accurately throw the ball 15 yards is mind numbing.  Watching guys completely miss WIDE open receivers is brutal.   Worse is one game they play ok and the next they totally suck.  

Plenty of highly rated kids come out of High School and simply can not play at the college level.  Best example is 5 star recruit Tate Martell.  My daughter knew him in college. He was a douche.  She is also good friends with KJ Hill. When Martell left Hill told her he was the dumbest QB he had ever met. 

All of that is true.  Who's fault is that?  Does the head coach not talk with their top recruits?  If the kid is a box of rocks the HC should figure that out. 

The bottom line is Harbaugh has had PLENTY of talent at QB and throughout the lineup.  No recruiting issues.

First you said Michigan didn't get the recruits.  That was false.  Now you suggested they can't get top QB recruits.  That is also false.  The talent is there.  The coaching staff has failed miserably.  If a college coach can't get top buy-in and effort out of kids who he basically owns, how is he going to get buy-in and top effort from professionals?  Throw in the fact that the same HC says and acts like a nut job on a regular basis and you should want none of that for your NFL team.  Michigan is losing because they don't believe in themselves or their coaching staff. 

5 hours ago, SF2 said:

I agree with your last paragraph which is why Harbaugh is a huge failure in Ann Arbor. He's now at the point where he can't beat Indiana, Mi ST and he needs double OT to beat Rutgers.  At the very least he needs to own his own state. He was thoroughly outcoached by Mel Tucker. Harbaugh got beat by a team starting Rocky Lombardi at QB

6 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

Id bet we replace the DC with either Aubrey Pleasant or Aaron Glenn and maybe the OL coach and thats it 

This is the most likely scenario. The inbreds may even use Covid as an excuse for not being able to properly interview head coaches so 'why bother'. 

Mikey's default position is always minimal change and as I said before, turfing Zac Shula would be admitting that the inner circle f*cked up and they don't like to admit to such. 

5 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

All of that is true.  Who's fault is that?  Does the head coach not talk with their top recruits?  If the kid is a box of rocks the HC should figure that out. 

The bottom line is Harbaugh has had PLENTY of talent at QB and throughout the lineup.  No recruiting issues.

First you said Michigan didn't get the recruits.  That was false.  Now you suggested they can't get top QB recruits.  That is also false.  The talent is there.  The coaching staff has failed miserably.  If a college coach can't get top buy-in and effort out of kids who he basically owns, how is he going to get buy-in and top effort from professionals?  Throw in the fact that the same HC says and acts like a nut job on a regular basis and you should want none of that for your NFL team.  Michigan is losing because they don't believe in themselves or their coaching staff. 

Michigan hasn’t gotten a single difference making QB which they MUST HAVE to compete against the Ohio States of the world.  There in no way you can compete at a high level without a great QB in college, it just isn’t possible unless you are Alabama with WAY better talent. 

I was at the Hobo vs Buckeyes game.  Mayfield was mind numbing to watch.  Just surgically took apart the Buckeye’s defense. JT Barrett couldn’t hold his jock. 

Burrow did the same last year. The difference between Tua and Hurts at Alabama was stark. 

And Michigan is losing because their team and the State of Michigan  were in lockdown way longer than Ohio and even Indiana.  Keep in mind I think Harbaugh is a whiny bitch but he is way better than Zac. 

And the fact is the team is way better than when Brady Hoke and Rich Rodriguez were the coaches.  

Harbaugh may very well be better than Zac Taylor but that's not saying much. I would argue Michigan is worse off now than they were the first couple of yrs under Harbaugh. In other words he was better with Brady's players than the guys he recruited. Even with those good early yrs, Harbaugh is 3-3 vs Mich St, winless vs Ohio State, 1-4 in Bowl games (his only win was yr one) 1-8 vs top ten teams. Maybe he gets a pass for this year but this looks like his worst Mich team.  His history is that he starts very good and then he wears thin on people. I don't think he's a fit for the Brown family or Cincinnati but we'll see. 

Archived