Potential new head coaches

46 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Michigan hasn’t gotten a single difference making QB which they MUST HAVE to compete against the Ohio States of the world.  There in no way you can compete at a high level without a great QB in college, it just isn’t possible unless you are Alabama with WAY better talent. 

I was at the Hobo vs Buckeyes game.  Mayfield was mind numbing to watch.  Just surgically took apart the Buckeye’s defense. JT Barrett couldn’t hold his jock. 

Burrow did the same last year. The difference between Tua and Hurts at Alabama was stark. 

And Michigan is losing because their team and the State of Michigan  were in lockdown way longer than Ohio and even Indiana.  Keep in mind I think Harbaugh is a whiny bitch but he is way better than Zac. 

And the fact is the team is way better than when Brady Hoke and Rich Rodriguez were the coaches.  

The question is why do Harbaughs QBs always suck?  He gets good recruits.  Maybe it's the coaching and stupid pressure he puts on them?  He sucks, man.  Michigan isn't just not competing with OSU, they can't compete with anyone.  I don't buy the COVID excuse.  Harbaugh's kids are getting out worked.  They should be able to beat Michigan State in their sleep.  Harbaugh sucks, and he ain't coming for pennies.  He makes $7-10M.  Being better than Zac Taylor isn't saying shit.  I would actually like the Bengals to hire a good coach, not one that the players will laugh at daily.  We have that now.

9 hours ago, SF2 said:

Buckeye fans make me laugh. Harbaugh’s record at Michigan is better than the last few coaches.  He simply can’t convince any high end QB to play there when there are far better options. Mahomes played at Texas Tech.  Burrow LEFT OSU to play someplace better.  

Big 10 football is so horribly overrated.  Maybe 1.5 good teams every year? 

Convincing a top QB prospect to play there unless he's from Michigan is their biggest obstacle..

When was the last time any QB from there was a top ten pick? Or 15?

Must be the weather..😎

But then again North Dakota St has a better QB than them!

Go figure..

28 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

The question is why do Harbaughs QBs always suck?  He gets good recruits.  Maybe it's the coaching and stupid pressure he puts on them?  He sucks, man.  Michigan isn't just not competing with OSU, they can't compete with anyone.  I don't buy the COVID excuse.  Harbaugh's kids are getting out worked.  They should be able to beat Michigan State in their sleep.  Harbaugh sucks, and he ain't coming for pennies.  He makes $7-10M.  Being better than Zac Taylor isn't saying shit.  I would actually like the Bengals to hire a good coach, not one that the players will laugh at daily.  We have that now.

He does?  Michigan's recruiting grades have been way behind OSU for a long time now.

2 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Yeah, Andrew Luck was trash.  Kaepernick almost won a Super Bowl. They all sucked.  Do a little research dude.  

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

Yeah, Andrew Luck was trash.  Kaepernick almost won a Super Bowl. They all sucked.  Do a little research dude.  

SF..Luck would have been good in most programs no?

Maybe Kap and Harbaugh were eccentric enough to feed off each other..

The question will remain Why he cant recruit a top QB at Michigan...

Im baffled by that..

22 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

SF..Luck would have been good in most programs no?

Maybe Kap and Harbaugh were eccentric enough to feed off each other..

The question will remain Why he cant recruit a top QB at Michigan...

Im baffled by that..

In my humble opinion the top recruits don’t want to play for Michigan in shitty ass Ann Arbor, especially QBs.  Same reason Penn State can’t get a top QB. Social Media is killing programs like those. 

Even trashy Tallahassee is better than Ann Arbor.   Partying outside in shorts in January is appealing to most college kids. 

My daughter went to OSU, serious party school and great RECENT success. Michigan is full of really smart people trying to do well in college. 

4 minutes ago, SF2 said:

In my humble opinion the top recruits don’t want to play for Michigan in shitty ass Ann Arbor.  Same reason Penn State can’t get a top QB. Social Media is killing programs like those.   

Even shifty ass Tallahassee is better than Ann Arbor.   Partying outside in shorts in January is appealing to most college kids. 

I agree with ya..

Even JB headed south..

5 hours ago, Jason said:

He does?  Michigan's recruiting grades have been way behind OSU for a long time now.

The entire Big Ten is way behind OSU in recruiting. As his post said, this isn't about OSU. He can't even beat an MSU  team with Rocky Lombardi at QB

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

In my humble opinion the top recruits don’t want to play for Michigan in shitty ass Ann Arbor, especially QBs.  Same reason Penn State can’t get a top QB. Social Media is killing programs like those. 

Even trashy Tallahassee is better than Ann Arbor.   Partying outside in shorts in January is appealing to most college kids. 

My daughter went to OSU, serious party school and great RECENT success. Michigan is full of really smart people trying to do well in college. 

It's not the weather. He can't beat PSU, MSU or IU. 

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

You are telling me to do some research?  Go look at the ranks of Michigan's recruiting classes in Harbaugh's tenure.  No, he may not have beaten OSU, but he beat everyone else in the Big 10.  Yet, he's now losing to all those schools in the Big 10. 

I haven't been to OSU campus since the 80s when it was a grey, concrete shithole.  I've been to Ann Arbor in the past 10 years and it is a very nice town.  Both have shitty weather November through February. 

The bottom line is Harbaugh has gotten very good QB recruits.  They all seem to fail under his guidance.  Jim Harbaugh has recruited talent.  Jim Harbaugh has recruited talent at QB.  He still fails.  Now he can't even beat the bottom dwellers in teh Big 10.  We all see why.  We all see he is a nutjob.  You make excuses for Harbaugh.  The evidence is there.  You want to believe he doesn't have talent at QB.  You have zero evidence that is true.  In fact, Harbaugh has recruited top QB talent and has another high end QB coming to Ann Arbor next year. 

You can say it over and over, but it's just wrong.  Harbaugh has failed miserably at Michigan and getting talent isn't why.

1 hour ago, UncleEarl said:

You are telling me to do some research?  Go look at the ranks of Michigan's recruiting classes in Harbaugh's tenure.  No, he may not have beaten OSU, but he beat everyone else in the Big 10.  Yet, he's now losing to all those schools in the Big 10. 

I haven't been to OSU campus since the 80s when it was a grey, concrete shithole.  I've been to Ann Arbor in the past 10 years and it is a very nice town.  Both have shitty weather November through February. 

The bottom line is Harbaugh has gotten very good QB recruits.  They all seem to fail under his guidance.  Jim Harbaugh has recruited talent.  Jim Harbaugh has recruited talent at QB.  He still fails.  Now he can't even beat the bottom dwellers in teh Big 10.  We all see why.  We all see he is a nutjob.  You make excuses for Harbaugh.  The evidence is there.  You want to believe he doesn't have talent at QB.  You have zero evidence that is true.  In fact, Harbaugh has recruited top QB talent and has another high end QB coming to Ann Arbor next year. 

You can say it over and over, but it's just wrong.  Harbaugh has failed miserably at Michigan and getting talent isn't why.

Harbaugh has been successful at Michigan.  Has won almost 70% of his games which is close to Lloyd Carr’s record.  

You have this twisted notion that Michigan has been some kind of powerhouse in the past.  They have split 1 National Championship in 70 years.  Schembechler never won one.  The only reason they are relevant is because of the Ohio State rivalry. 

The basketball team is far better. 

8 hours ago, SF2 said:

Harbaugh has been successful at Michigan.  Has won almost 70% of his games which is close to Lloyd Carr’s record.  

You have this twisted notion that Michigan has been some kind of powerhouse in the past.  They have split 1 National Championship in 70 years.  Schembechler never won one.  The only reason they are relevant is because of the Ohio State rivalry. 

The basketball team is far better. 

When you recruit top 10 talent it is reasonable to expect top 10 performance.  The last couple seasons show how Harbaugh is losing it.  He sucks and should not be considered as a HC for the Bengals or any other team, which was what the original conversation was about. 

Keep moving those goalposts.  But I'll play....

Michigan has more wins than any other college football program.  They play in one of the most intimidating stadiums in the country.  Schembechler may not have been voted national champion, but he owned the Big 10 in the 70s and 80s.  They have stumbled with coaches the past 20 years, but to act like they aren't a football powerhouse sounds a lot like a typical Ohio State fan.  Maybe they need to hire more dirtbags like OSU.  

Fuck, how in the world did I end up defending Michigan when all I was saying is that Harbaugh is trash, no longer a good coach, and no way be hired by the Bengals?

8 minutes ago, SmoothD said:

Salah is going to Detroit.

It's damn near a done deal.

They are going to give him anything he wants to make the Lions contenders again

He may be the cream of the crop in potential HCs..

Love his attitude with players..

Yes Detroit will give him a fitting contract ..

He grew up in Dearborn ..

Well things may change in Motown now..

2 hours ago, SmoothD said:

Salah is going to Detroit.

It's damn near a done deal.

They are going to give him anything he wants to make the Lions contenders again

Yeah, grew up there, went to school there, coached at Mich st etc.  I lt would be like Jim Harbaugh going back to Michigan to save that program.  

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

Yeah, grew up there, went to school there, coached at Mich st etc.  I lt would be like Jim Harbaugh going back to Michigan to save that program.  

Kinda happy Detroit is actually turning the corner.

They have great fans up there.

Hes a motivator and extremely respected..

Im thinking he ll get alot of rope to turn them around..

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

Same actually. DGAF about the coach or the Lions really but as a music fan I've got a lot of love for Detroit.  I guess they've renovated most of them now but when I first visited it was incredibly jarring to see abandoned high-rises. 

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

He will turn that franchise around quicker than what Zac is doing here

Archived