Potential new head coaches

11 minutes ago, SmoothD said:

He will turn that franchise around quicker than what Zac is doing here

The team has actively gotten worse with him.  We're stuck with him so I hope he gets better but I think the truth is that he's just as much of an ignorant asshole as Turner and Anarumo.,  Birds of a feather & all that.

30 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

The team has actively gotten worse with him.  We're stuck with him so I hope he gets better but I think the truth is that he's just as much of an ignorant asshole as Turner and Anarumo.,  Birds of a feather & all that.

Zach is stuck with this Sherman Turner Annarumo trifecta that is killing his short career..

He and Katy have to rid the team of these no nothings to help the team ir his job will be gone...

Im sure he knows this by now as is waiting it out to dispose of them..

The LB coach has done nothing as well..fire him too...

Just now, claptonrocks said:

Zach is stuck with this Sherman Annarumoo  trifecta thst is killing his short career..

He and Katy have to rid the team of these no nothings to help the team ir his job will be gone...

Im sure he knows this by now as is waiting it out to dispose of them..

The LB coach has done nothing as well..fire him too...

How is he "stuck" with them?  They were his picks.

4p0cyk.jpg

25 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

How is he "stuck" with them?  They were his picks.

4p0cyk.jpg

Maybe he relied on Sherman too much.

I would assume his budget for assistants had a play in it...

Injuries to too many players haven't helped..

Yes he has a bad staff.

With so little to work with how was he supposed to succeed so quickly???

5 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Maybe he relied on Sherman too much.

I would assume his budget for assistants had a play in it...

Injuries to too many players haven't helped..

Yes he has a bad staff.

With so little to work with how was he supposed to succeed so quickly???

I remember the excuse being something about not enough time between his hiring & the draft, a rush job or whatever.  Since then they'e made no effort to replace them.  We'll see what happens in a couple of months but I've seen no indication they intend to fire anyone.

They'll just bench Geno halfway through next season and act like he was the problem.

10 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I remember the excuse being something about not enough time between his hiring & the draft, a rush job or whatever.  Since then they'e made no effort to replace them.  We'll see what happens in a couple of months but I've seen no indication they intend to fire anyone.

They'll just bench Geno halfway through next season and act like he was the problem.

Neither you or I know what theyll do in the offseason..

Im of the belief that Annarumo Turner and the LB coach will be gone..

With a good draft and returning players uninjured that may look respectable...

You dont..you allways look at the dark side..

We re different..

8 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Neither you or I know what theyll do in the offseason..

Im of the belief that Annarumo Turner and the LB coach will be gone..

With a good draft and returning players uninjured that may look respectable...

You dont..you allways look at the dark side..

We re different..

It's not "looking at the dark side", it's looking at how this team has been run for the last 30 years and expecting them to continue to do the same things. Why do you expect anything different?

8 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

It's not "looking at the dark side", it's looking at how this team has been run for the last 30 years and expecting them to continue to do the same things. Why do you expect anything different?

Why?.

Because for Once in my life as a Bengal fan i saw them drop a shitload of money on free agency for players to help out.. 

They Had to pay more than their worth to get them here but they Did..

Theyve shopped around during the season for players they may contribute in the future..

They Lost their QB and now have an opportunity by that mishap to draft the Best Oline prospect in a long time..

They pick 3rd in each round meaning theyll be able to grab the best of the best after round 1..injuries aside they could hace the talent to compete in this incredibly tough NFCN divisionion..

12 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Because for Once in my life as a Bengal fan i saw them drop a shitload of money on free agency for players to help out.. 

They Had to pay more than their worth to get them here but they Did..

True, they did, but have any of them contributed anything?  Much like the draft, adding players doesn't really help when they can't tell the good from the bad.

I was encouraged by all the FA moves too, until they took the field and either disappeared or immediately went to IR.

I suspect that NFL FA's see this as a place they can collect a few last paychecks with zero expectations.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

True, they did, but have any of them contributed anything?  Much like the draft, adding players doesn't really help when they can't tell the good from the bad.

I was encouraged by all the FA moves too, until they took the field and either disappeared or immediately went to IR.

I suspect that NFL FA's see this as a place they can collect a few last paychecks with zero expectations.

Reader was to be the backbone of the Dline..

Alexander and Wayans were to form a good trio of dbs with Jackson..

Injuries destroyed that..

22 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Reader was to be the backbone of the Dline..

Alexander and Wayans were to form a good trio of dbs with Jackson..

Injuries destroyed that..

& then Bell has been a liability at best.. I can't believe that 3 different FA's all just happened to suffer season-ending injuries as some kind of fluke.  Either they weren't healthy to begin with or they got here, took a look around, & tragically ruptured their want-to muscle.

When vets see guys continue to get paid for sitting on IR year after year it's not hard to imagine some of them take it as an opportunity to goldbrick it.  No accountability. 

27 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

& then Bell has been a liability at best.. I can't believe that 3 different FA's all just happened to suffer season-ending injuries as some kind of fluke.  Either they weren't healthy to begin with or they got here, took a look around, & tragically ruptured their want-to muscle.

When vets see guys continue to get paid for sitting on IR year after year it's not hard to imagine some of them take it as an opportunity to goldbrick it.  No accountability. 

I dont believe that..

All players want to perform at their best for no other reason than their next contract...

Alexander had come back and performed well..

Every team has injuries that hurt their season..

Bengals have had more than their share..

It is what it is in tbe league..

5 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

I dont believe that..

All players want to perform at their best for no other reason than their next contract...

What if they're on the wrong side of 30 and there realistically is no "next contract"?

Seems pretty sus to me that all these defensive FA's all happened to have season ending injuries at the same time we're hearing about what an asshole the DC is...

1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

What if they're on the wrong side of 30 and there realistically is no "next contract"?

Who is on the wrong side of 30 that wont be here next year?

Geno and his absurd contract?..

AJ and his absurd contract..

Both go ne  next year.

Qho else?

Shaun Williams contract as a now backup?

Yes to that..

Boatload to sign young. ones like Bates Jackson and free agency....

19 hours ago, SmoothD said:

Salah is going to Detroit.

It's damn near a done deal.

They are going to give him anything he wants to make the Lions contenders again

The politicians are pushing for Salah.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30449212/michigan-legislators-ask-detroit-lions-owner-sheila-ford-hamp-hire-robert-saleh

I've never heard of such a thing. Since when do pols publicly endorse a candidate to coach football? 

2 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

The politicians are pushing for Salah.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30449212/michigan-legislators-ask-detroit-lions-owner-sheila-ford-hamp-hire-robert-saleh

I've never heard of such a thing. Since when do pols publicly endorse a candidate to coach football? 

I think it's quite possible they hire Saleh, it's his "hometown" team and all that, but if I were him these politicians stepping in like that would give me serious concerns.  Do they want to use him as a prop somehow?  Do those politicians want to take credit for bringing him in?  Nobody needs that sideshow, especially these days.

I haven't heard anything from Katie, Troy, or MB stating they want to bring back Zac next year.

I'm going to say that there is a 90% chance he gets fired.

Its almost as if Zac knows this and is just going through the motions.

3 minutes ago, SmoothD said:

I haven't heard anything from Katie, Troy, or MB stating they want to bring back Zac next year.

I'm going to say that there is a 90% chance he gets fired.

Its almost as if Zac knows this and is just going through the motions.

We can only hope for a new and better coach next season with some assistants who know their stuff. But Mike Brown's bias toward inaction is legendary so I'd take 9-1 odds that Zac keeps his job. 

48 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

We can only hope for a new and better coach next season with some assistants who know their stuff. But Mike Brown's bias toward inaction is legendary so I'd take 9-1 odds that Zac keeps his job. 

Yes, the tree sloth will call this season another one with 'unfortunate set of circumstances' and little needs changing

It's tough, there are 3 scenarios....

1. Zac and his whole staff return to give them 1 more chance when Burrow returns to see if it works out or not.
  2. Only Zac comes back, still his last chance and lot's of new assistants.
  3. The FO silence is deafening, he is fired!

To attract the next coach, we need to fire Zac now!  This will show future candidates that times are changing and we want to win.  If we out of respect keep Zac now and fire him after the season, we will have some good candidates not wanting to come... unless of course they are piss ants and only come to Cincy for 2 years of HC salary and job security.

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

You say that like giant asteroids aren't a thing and aren't more likely than Mike Brown hiring a competent coach and actually letting him do his job.

Archived