Players you have forgotten were once Bengals...

5 hours ago, Cat said:

Steve Tovar

Tom Tumulty

Rod "Toast" Jones

Rod "Turnstile" Jones

Turnstile Jones actually started for the Rams in the Super Bowl.  Partly explains why they lost against the Patriots.  I think he wiffed on Vrabel which allowed for the Ty Law pick 6.

2 hours ago, Numbers said:

I almost forgot about this one.  Was he a replacement player like Pillman ?

How's this.

One of three Bengals first round draft picks in 1984.

7th pick... Ricky Hunley

16th pick... Pete Kotch

28th pick... Brian Blados

How's that for an All Suck Draft?

8 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Pete Koch.  First round pick.  #16.  One year then bye bye.  Bust. 

He was a weigh lifter and body builder.

He was so muscle bound and buff that he could tear a muscle

bending over to tie his shoe.

*** Told to me by a friend... at training camp in Wilmington the team had to go from the main

field to a smaller one when divided into groups.  The Defense was trudging up the hill to the

field, Koch limping a bit.  Said friend quipped "Must have sat on his wallet".  Tim Krumrie overheard

and laughed out loud so hard I, I mean, my friend thought he was going to piss his pants.

3 hours ago, High School Harry said:

He was a weigh lifter and body builder.

He was so muscle bound and buff that he could tear a muscle

bending over to tie his shoe.

*** Told to me by a friend... at training camp in Wilmington the team had to go from the main

field to a smaller one when divided into groups.  The Defense was trudging up the hill to the

field, Koch limping a bit.  Said friend quipped "Must have sat on his wallet".  Tim Krumrie overheard

and laughed out loud so hard I, I mean, my friend thought he was going to piss his pants.

Muscles or not, no way anyone was messing with Krumrie. 

I remember how Krumrie, who was a late draft pick, started a fight with first round pick Dave Rimington on one of the first days of training camp.  Kicked his ass and told him something like get ready for 10 years of this.  One of my favorite Bengals of all time. 

4 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Muscles or not, no way anyone was messing with Krumrie. 

I remember how Krumrie, who was a late draft pick, started a fight with first round pick Dave Rimington on one of the first days of training camp.  Kicked his ass and told him something like get ready for 10 years of this.  One of my favorite Bengals of all time. 

No contest.

Rimington had short arms.

2 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Shaun Rogers for a few minutes?

When that debacle went down I was so disgusted at the ineptitude I quickly took a screenshot of the hilarious fail that was Hobson writing an article praising it, saying they "got what they desperately needed" and acting like all their problems stemmed from not having a plugger up front (which was of course partly true), only to have it fall through.  Hobson was forced to retract and proceed to act like it was no big deal and they'd be fine.  Also note the typo of "48ers", speaking to the desperation Hobson must have had to get this story out there.

StupidBengals.jpg.672f60f901a2dedcd181bd5a075f4e35.jpg

1 hour ago, Madieu Superstar said:

Ohalete: Hard to find a worse safety.

Damn you're a poet and don't know it.

Steve Kreider...#86....he's one of my all time favorite Bengals.

Lehigh University QB...straight up baller as a WR in the NFL. 

Archived