Miami Hairy Blowholes Game Day Thread

4 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I worked last night and admit there was no way I was going to lose sleep to watch this team.

I read somewhere a coach got punched?

Yeah it was real shit show...Zack's culture was on full display. He made a new friend in Brian Flores, they are going to get some Fro Yo after the game. 

You thought it couldn't get any worse...but Zac and the o line was like.."hold my beer" and Jonah Williams was carted off the field as well...but don't worry Michael Jordan and Bobby Hart are still starting and playing every snap.

3 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

Jonah Williams was carted off the field as well...

:facepalm:

Not like the injury was his fault (maybe) but how bad does it have to get before they fire Zach?  Is there any scenario outside of him going to jail where he's not back again next year?

Just now, T-Dub said:

:facepalm:

Not like the injury was his fault (maybe) but how bad does it have to get before they fire Zach?  Is there any scenario outside of him going to jail where he's not back again next year?

We all know he will be back, Hobson's working a fluff piece about the culture change and injuries as we speak.  

Also the offense gained 25 yards after the trick play call, they were winning 7-3 and driving the ball with Gio running the ball. Taylor calls a reverse flea flicker to with Boyd throwing to Allen and it spiraled out of control from there...absolute shit show, not professional at all. 

2 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

Also the offense gained 25 yards after the trick play call, they were winning 7-3 and driving the ball with Gio running the ball. Taylor calls a reverse flea flicker to with Boyd throwing to Allen and it spiraled out of control from there..

Not sure how many other ppl here might be familiar with them but that is classic old school Texas A&M football.  Be thankful the Bengals don't have cadets to lead a saber charge.

10 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

We all know he will be back, Hobson's working a fluff piece about the culture change and injuries as we speak.  

Also the offense gained 25 yards after the trick play call, they were winning 7-3 and driving the ball with Gio running the ball. Taylor calls a reverse flea flicker to with Boyd throwing to Allen and it spiraled out of control from there...absolute shit show, not professional at all. 

It looked like Pee-Wee football, and I wanted to sit all of the players down for a stern talk about sportsmanship afterwards.

1 hour ago, LostInDaJungle said:

It looked like Pee-Wee football, and I wanted to sit all of the players down for a stern talk about sportsmanship afterwards.

& then this Thomas guy decides to get on TwitSpace & step on his dick by bragging about it?  Probably just increased his fine by $10-20k

These were plays on teams too right? That's messed up, Simmons is one of the few coaches left I still respect.. He's managed to consistently put together decent units out of some real trash rosters.  

Shows us the team is in full meltdown.  Definitely no pizza party after this one.

I got to watch maybe the first 10 minutes of the game.  I think it was 3rd and 3 and Zac calls for a deep pass on the sidelines.  Of course, in classic Andy Dalton form it was caught out of bounds.   Is their any competent coach out there that calls a bomb on 3rd and 3?  

What a stupid call.  The analytics on that play working are so low.  You only get so many possessions, you can’t waste them calling stupid plays in short yardage situations. 

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

I got to watch maybe the first 10 minutes of the game.  I think it was 3rd and 3 and Zac calls for a deep pass on the sidelines.  Of course, in classic Andy Dalton form it was caught out of bounds.   Is their any competent coach out there that calls a bomb on 3rd and 3?  

What a stupid call.  The analytics on that play working are so low.  You only get so many possessions, you can’t waste them calling stupid plays in short yardage situations. 

His first interception was a beautiful long ball but it looked like the defender was the intended receiver

rather than the Bengal behind him.

The proverbial WTF?

13 hours ago, SF2 said:

Game won, lets kinda all out blitz and not really cover the fastest receiver on the left side of the field and oh, no safety up top to prevent an easy touchdown.   LOL. 

Isn't that one definition of throwing a game? Seems awfully suspicious to me

7 hours ago, T-Dub said:

& then this Thomas guy decides to get on TwitSpace & step on his dick by bragging about it?  Probably just increased his fine by $10-20k

These were plays on teams too right? That's messed up, Simmons is one of the few coaches left I still respect.. He's managed to consistently put together decent units out of some real trash rosters.  

Shows us the team is in full meltdown.  Definitely no pizza party after this one.

The team may very well be in full meltdown but I am glad to see some fight in them. I prefer that to the Dave Shula teams who'd stand there and take it. If you continue to get your ass kicked, don't take it sitting down

2 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

Isn't that one definition of throwing a game? Seems awfully suspicious to me

Hard to believe it was an accident that he was that wide open with no safety up top on the final play of the game.  

5 hours ago, SF2 said:

What a stupid call.  The analytics on that play working are so low.  You only get so many possessions, you can’t waste them calling stupid plays in short yardage 3rd down situations. 

But SF2 don't forget that they practiced hard all week so that means the play should have worked!! 

9 hours ago, T-Dub said:

I worked last night and admit there was no way I was going to lose sleep to watch this team.

I read somewhere a coach got punched?

I didn't notice a coach getting punched...but one of our coaches was in the pile, got pushed and ended up on the ground, and got trampled a bit.

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

I actually like that call...BUT...and this is a big but...only when it catches the defense off guard and the receiver is wide open...and only when there's a short yardage safety valve backup plan for when said deep receiver is well covered.  Probably not enough time/talent for all that to happen on one play with this team/OLine.

9 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

Yeah it was real shit show...Zack's culture was on full display. He made a new friend in Brian Flores, they are going to get some Fro Yo after the game. 

You thought it couldn't get any worse...but Zac and the o line was like.."hold my beer" and Jonah Williams was carted off the field as well...but don't worry Michael Jordan and Bobby Hart are still starting and playing every snap.

Any word on Jonah?  TV coverage was really weird...kinda just glossed over it after coming back from commercial.  Carted off can't be good, but just how bad is the question?

9 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Not sure how many other ppl here might be familiar with them but that is classic old school Texas A&M football.  Be thankful the Bengals don't have cadets to lead a saber charge.

On a side note, every football fan needs to experience a Texas A&M football game in College Station.

Not even an Aggie or Aggie fan, but the experience of the game is something I'll never forget

1 hour ago, esjbh2 said:

Any word on Jonah?  TV coverage was really weird...kinda just glossed over it after coming back from commercial.  Carted off can't be good, but just how bad is the question?

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2020/12/6/22157471/jonah-williams-injury-dolphins-bengals-news

Video of the Jonah injury is in this link - another Hart fail by the looks of it. 

2 hours ago, esjbh2 said:

I didn't notice a coach getting punched...but one of our coaches was in the pile, got pushed and ended up on the ground, and got trampled a bit.

I actually like that call...BUT...and this is a big but...only when it catches the defense off guard and the receiver is wide open...and only when there's a short yardage safety valve backup plan for when said deep receiver is well covered.  Probably not enough time/talent for all that to happen on one play with this team/OLine.

If it is Patrick Mahomes throwing to Tyrek Hill behind his Oline, sure.  Broken err Brandon Allen dodging freight trains throwing to Boyd ain’t the same thing (nothing against Boyd or Allen)

The Jonah video above is just fucking sad.  

Archived