Sewer Brewer: Week 13

38 minutes ago, esjbh2 said:

After all the hype that Thomas was getting in training camp, it's quite telling that he didn't even make it on the field as a WR after Boyd was ejected and with an already depleted WR corps.  Can't even beat out Erickson for playing time?

Speaking of WR's...it was sad watching AJ today.  Surprised that teams ever double team him anymore.

Erickson is second slot on depth chart..

Thats why played over Thomas..

Thomas to me is a ST doing exactly what he was paid and supposed to do today..

Do they double Green much now?

4 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Erickson is second slot on depth chart..

Thats why played over Thomas..

Thomas to me is a ST doing exactly what he was paid and supposed to do today..

Do they double Green much now?

Fair enough on the depth chart point.

The commentators mentioned Green continuing to be double teamed in general, not just today.  They didn't actually show him on camera much because he didn't do much, so I can't say for sure how often he actually sees double teams.  When they did show him, he was clearly frustrated, covered, slow, and uninspired.

3 minutes ago, esjbh2 said:

When they did show him, he was clearly frustrated, covered, slow, and uninspired.

Which means he'll likely get a long term deal in the off-season. Bengal for life and all that..

I'm hoping he retires.

2 minutes ago, esjbh2 said:

Fair enough on the depth chart point.

The commentators mentioned Green continuing to be double teamed in general, not just today.  They didn't actually show him on camera much because he didn't do much, so I can't say for sure how often he actually sees double teams.  When they did show him, he was clearly frustrated, covered, slow, and uninspired.

I believe everything you just said...

3 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Read in the Athletic that Williams got his knee blown up by a pass rusher from the right side that missed the QB and hit Williams’ knee?  This group’s incompetence has blown up the knees for the Bengals last two 1st round picks. 

Yes and Mikey will call it all 'unfortunate circumstances'

9 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Quentin Spain more like Quentin France the way he surrendered that sack. Amirite?

Exactly. Is that Jones' guy or Spain's? This is indicative of a coaching problem. The line doesn't know their assignments. Reason 1001 why Turner needs to go

1 hour ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

On the OL pre-snap, is not the most basic skill 'I got this guy" kind of thing? 

Yes and what you see in the video is that Hart thought #53 was going to come and that was his guy, and Spain thought he was on "help" duty on primarily Hopkins' man and secondarily the DE *he* thought Hart was going to take.  The question is who was "right"?  I would have thought that Hart would have at least dropped in a fashion that if #53 did bail out and stay in coverage (which he did) he'd be in a protection position to work on the DE.  Instead he went through the motions of it but was clearly 100% committed to #53 or bust.

1 hour ago, HavePityPlease said:

Yes and what you see in the video is that Hart thought #53 was going to come and that was his guy, and Spain thought he was on "help" duty on primarily Hopkins' man and secondarily the DE *he* thought Hart was going to take.  The question is who was "right"?  I would have thought that Hart would have at least dropped in a fashion that if #53 did bail out and stay in coverage (which he did) he'd be in a protection position to work on the DE.  Instead he went through the motions of it but was clearly 100% committed to #53 or bust.

If Hart's assignment was to block no one, then he did his job. 

4 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

Exactly. Is that Jones' guy or Spain's? This is indicative of a coaching problem. The line doesn't know their assignments. Reason 1001 why Turner needs to go

Im with you on assignments ..

Turners go to teachings method is get bigger and stronger cause that fixes everything.

Bigger is better..  Basic techniques or fundamentals..not so much..

Hes literally destroyed this line..

31 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Im with you on assignments ..

Turners go to teachings method is get bigger and stronger cause that fixes everything.

Bigger is better..  Basic techniques or fundamentals..not so much..

Hes literally destroyed this line..

Don't forget yelling louder, and if that doesn't work he can always have someone threaten to rape their family.

Dude is straight up trash. LOL "culture"

59 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Don't forget yelling louder, and if that doesn't work he can always have someone threaten to rape their family.

Dude is straight up trash. LOL "culture"

So... He keeps Bobby Hart and MJ because their Mom's are bangable?? Makes as much sense as anything else. If you're going to threaten to rape a guy's family, his Mom should at least be a 5.

1 hour ago, LostInDaJungle said:

So... He keeps Bobby Hart and MJ because their Mom's are bangable?? Makes as much sense as anything else. If you're going to threaten to rape a guy's family, his Mom should at least be a 5.

I think the Phenomenal Hart is his goon.  He's the one actually making the phone calls, our Richie Incognito only without the talent.

Archived