If Not Sewell, Who?

A dark horse candidate for picking at five with Sewell gone and maybe not looking so favorably at Chase would be Linebacker Micah Parsons.

Deep enough O linemen to wait for rounds two or three or go Free Agent.

Lots of bodies for the D line counting IR and Covid opt out.  Even Margus Hunt is finding his nitch denting

and disrupting OLines making holes for a Linebacker to fill and make plays if we had a linebacker.

Which we don't.

Our D backs would improve significantly with better line and linebacker play.

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

A dark horse candidate for picking at five with Sewell gone and maybe not looking so favorably at Chase would be Linebacker Micah Parsons.

Lots of bodies for the D line counting IR and Covid opt out.  Even Margus Hunt is finding his nitch denting

and disrupting OLines making holes for a Linebacker to fill and make plays if we had a linebacker.

Which we don't.

II like Parsons...add to front 7..

I like Greg Rousseau ability to maje tackles Behind the line of scrimmage.

15.5 sacks 19.5 tfl...

Still think we ll somehow get Sewell though..

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

Which we don't.

Not sure Parsons is a darkhorse, most early draft boards had him top 5 and top 3 when excluding QB's. Would love that as a pick frankly. Far more than I would a WR or OT reach. 

Just now, claptonrocks said:

II like Parsons...add to front 7..

I like Greg Rousseau ability to maje tackles Behind the line of scrimmage.

15.5 sacks 19.5 tfl...

Still think we ll somehow get Sewell though..

Does anyone have an opinion on Rousseau?  I have heard mixed reviews, some say elite some say does not try hard all the time. 

Just now, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Does anyone have an opinion on Rousseau?  I have heard mixed reviews, some say elite some say does not try hard all the time. 

Id say elite .with that many sacks and tfl he must be playing hard..

Can you imagine adding him to our DE rotation?..

4 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Could be...id like to have him though..

Not like we get alot of pressure or sacks with our DE unit..

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2021-nfl-draft-what-to-know-about-gregory-rousseau-after-miami-pass-rusher-opts-out-of-2020-season/

From what I have read - I was incorrect on the statement that he does not play hard all the time. He does. He seems like a high upside guy but has to develop - unfortunately the Bengals love players like this lol ; then they coach them poorly. He would be a 'Ferrari' in Mike's mind i would think

5 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2021-nfl-draft-what-to-know-about-gregory-rousseau-after-miami-pass-rusher-opts-out-of-2020-season/

From what I have read - I was incorrect on the statement that he does not play hard all the time. He does. He seems like a high upside guy but has to develop - unfortunately the Bengals love players like this lol ; then they coach them poorly. He would be a 'Ferrari' in Mike's mind i would think

Parsons and Rousseau would be great pi ks and im a big fan of Kyle Pitts..

I wonder if Miami will draft a QB with their (Texans) pick? I doubt it but I wouldn't rule it out. They're benching Tua for a reason. It may depend on how Tua does the rest of this year, how guys like Fields perform in Bowl games and who's on the board when they draft

23 minutes ago, Sea Ray said:

I wonder if Miami will draft a QB with their (Texans) pick? I doubt it but I wouldn't rule it out. They're benching Tua for a reason. It may depend on how Tua does the rest of this year, how guys like Fields perform in Bowl games and who's on the board when they draft

Looking at the top 7 or 8 picks looks like they would all want to make a move at QB..

Somebodys trading for somebody yep.. 

16 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

I can't see them blowing Tuba off this soon.

Far more likely that he will be back there behind Sewell.

That really sucks.

17 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

Unless they have fired their GM I would say no way. 

7 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Miami will definitely give Tua another season though they will likely also try to talk Fitzmagic into another season. They also have Houston's 2nd round pick too. So they could add Sewell and Etienne in round 1, then Davis and a WR in round 2. That would upgrade them considerably.

Read where Jets would like to draft Wyatt Davis in round 2 to pair with Bechton..

Personally i think Davis goes anywhere

From 16 on...hes that good on the interior..

I see the Dolphins also pairing Jmarr Chase with Hopkins to boost their passing game..

Like i said before Any of the first 7 or 8 teams excluding the Chargers may want a different QB..

Please not a WR or TE..  Iffy on Parsons too, I'm watching highlights and seeing a lot of tackles that'd be broken in the NFL.  Pretty common in college LB's, they'll go for the bear hug & toss the guy.  Maualuga's highlights for example were full of that kind of stuff.  He does seem to have elite speed & instincts but a Top 5 pick? Ehhh..  That's rich for any LB imho.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2020/12/30/nfl-mock-draft-bengals-florida-kyle-pitts/

One of the first notable mocks to throw the Bengals at No. 5 has them getting Florida’s big-play tight end Kyle Pitts, courtesy of The Athletic’s Dane Brugler:

“A tight end drafted this high is rare, but Pitts is a rare prospect. And watching Darren Waller dominate for the Raiders should provide the Bengals with the blueprint for what a talent like that can do for the offense. Pitts has the athletic traits to create his own separation, but also the ball skills and catch radius to make plays over defensive backs – even when he is covered, he is open. Although this pick isn’t an offensive lineman, something tells me Joe Burrow would be pretty happy with this addition.”

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2020/12/30/22205386/2021-nfl-mock-drafts-bengals-lsu-tigers-jamarr-chase-penei-sewell-oregon

Pro Football Network — WR Ja’Marr Chase, LSU

Comfortable. Everything you do as an organization with a young quarterback should be to facilitate comfort. There is no connection in the history of college football more prolific than Chase and Burrow on that championship team in 2019.

Chase lacks freak physical attributes, but he is a strong finisher above the rim and as a route runner. He is comfortable in tight windows, through contact and is a wonder in the air. Expect some “Get the Gat” flair from the two after their first touchdown hookup.

CBS Sports — OL Rashawn Slater, Northwestern

The Bengals just win, baby! They’ve now reeled off two in a row and in the process find themselves with the No. 5 pick, which means they’re almost certainly out of the Sewell sweepstakes. Slater isn’t a bad consolation prize, however, in part because he was so solid at tackle in 2019 (he opted out in 2020), and he has the versatility to play guard and even center.

Fox Sports — OT Alijah Vera-Tucker, USC

Wins over the Stealers and Texans – by Ryan Finley and Brandon Allen! – likely will cost the Bengals a shot at Sewell, so they’ll have to take the next best lineman on the board to protect Joe Burrow next season.

NFL Mocks — Selecting 11th, OT Christian Darrisaw, Virginia Tech

After missing out on Penei Sewell early in this mock draft scenario, the Bengals traded down for some additional and valuable draft capital and still come away with a very good left tackle prospect..... Darrisaw is a tremendous athlete with length, strength, and a finisher’s mentality who would be an instant upgrade at left tackle.

Sporting News — OT Penei Sewell, Oregon

The Bengals have made some investments in their offensive, line including first-round tackle Jonah Williams from 2019, but they need to better protect franchise quarterback Joe Burrow when he can come back from his big knee injury. Sewell’s strong, sturdy presence would be a great fit in front of Burrow and also help their running game.

Archived