If Not Sewell, Who?

22 hours ago, membengal said:

By the way, for any position group you can look at this team’s history and say “why draft that in the first round - we’ve had misses over the years there”. Literally, all of them. So if they find the next Eddie brown or AJ green in round one, so be it. Better then finding the next Dan Wilkinson or John Copeland and passing on the next AJ green...

which is to say, find a difference maker and don’t miss. And don’t lock into one position. Other than QB, RB and kicker/punter you could make an argument that if there is a

special difference making player in the top 10 wherever the bengals pick, then they need to take them. But they shouldn’t be passing up devonta smith to reach at T because Sewell is gone...

So that's the long way of saying BPA, right? Sounds good to me as long as they pad the roster with more FAs that will contribute.

2 minutes ago, Numbers said:

Certain site's are reporting that the Dolphins are shopping the pick to QB hungry teams.

I think Tua is going to be mediicre..

I dont know why they wouldnt want 

to get Zach Wilson or Justin Fields..

Their Oline isnt half bad..

Maybe thet want another receiver 

to compliment the one they have..

Or like was said..they could trade out of 3rd for more picks..

Just now, Numbers said:

Certain site's are reporting that the Dolphins are shopping the pick to QB hungry teams.

Yeah I think we have to wonder more about the Falcons.  I wouldn't be surprised one bit if the first three picks are QBs (and it might take the Falcons trading up a spot or two themselves).  The Falcons are in a weird spot - their highly paid players are getting up there in age/wear and they apparently will have a heavy load of dead cap next season.  They should probably blow it up to an extent and rebuild, which means they certainly should take a QB if they like one near the top and trade Ryan to a team that figures all they're missing is a QB.  They don't need a tackle at all, they have bookends for a decade going on.  So the concern would be - would they trade down with a team that wants Sewell?

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

I think Tua is going to be mediicre..

I dont know why they wouldnt want 

to get Zach Wilson or Justin Fields..

Their Oline isnt half bad..

Maybe thet want another receiver 

to compliment the one they have..

Or like was said..they could trade out of 3rd for more picks..

I watched Tua a few times and his arm strength looks very suspect to me.  Joe had a far higher yards per attempt number yet Burrow had way less time to throw.  It might just be my hatred of all things Alabama except McCarron’s wife of course. 

I keep forgetting Matt Ryan is about to turn 36.  Falcons are an odd team.  That Super Bowl loss still seems to haunt them. 

Miami should not give up on Tua just yet, some QB's. most QB's take a year or 2 or three. Josh Allen is just coming into his own now. Of the 3 top guys this past draft it was generally felt that Herbert had the most to learn so he should sit for a year - tells you how much the QB spot is a crapshoot. 

Top 10 of the draft should be interesting given the solid top tier QB's available. 

2 hours ago, sparky151 said:

They don't care who their trade partner is moving up to get. But teams wanting a QB will pay more than a team wanting to move up for an OT.

Yeah i dont see any team trading up for an OT even Sewell...

I could see 3 QBs before us with Miami being the spoiler for us if they go LT..

Like was said they have their bookends and could really use another wideout..Chase??

Of course Im just hoping it pans out for us to get Sewell...

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

I watched Tua a few times and his arm strength looks very suspect to me.  Joe had a far higher yards per attempt number yet Burrow had way less time to throw.  It might just be my hatred of all things Alabama except McCarron’s wife of course. 

I keep forgetting Matt Ryan is about to turn 36.  Falcons are an odd team.  That Super Bowl loss still seems to haunt them. 

Teams may want to trade for our 5th pick not for Sewell but for QB Trey Lance..

Of course we aren't coming off Sewell if hes there but theyll get calls hoping to acquire Lance Im sure..

Hell if we didnt have JB id take Lance with our 5th pick..

51 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Yeah i dont see any team trading up for an OT even Sewell...

I could see 3 QBs before us with Miami being the spoiler for us if they go LT..

Like was said they have their bookends and could really use another wideout..Chase??

Of course Im just hoping it pans out for us to get Sewell...

I think it's possible Sewell is on the board at 5. Unless he really puts on a show at the combine. Let's hope Fields puts on a show vs Bama (for multiple reasons) and goes #2. Miami is unlikely to throw in the towell on Tua this early and they need playmakers so a WR is certainly an option for them. Atlanta could use a young QB or defensive help. There isn't really an elite DE in this draft but Surtain or Parsons would help them a good bit.

Archived