If Not Sewell, Who?

On 12/8/2020 at 10:24 AM, Jason said:

Greg Rousseau, Edge, Miami, Patrick Surtain, CB Bama, or JaMarr Chase, WR, LSU. 

DE is relatively deep I think 4 guys around round 1. DE also busts quite a bit (Or at least used to, I haven't done the analysis lately)

Corner might be solved with 2 contracts and Trae Waynes return

JaMarr Chase is a stud but that's overkill at the position.

I would definitely look to trade down. 

37 minutes ago, PatternMaster said:

Aren't the Bengals that team?

Yes but I feel that with a couple of first round picks we might be able to fill other holes and still get a talented OT that would be in the ballpark of Sewell.  We could possibly elevate our strength of personnel by dropping back a bit in the draft for the right deal.  Only one team fits that bill and it's the Dolphin's.  Otherwise, Sewell is the logical choice.

3 hours ago, Numbers said:

Yes but I feel that with a couple of first round picks we might be able to fill other holes and still get a talented OT that would be in the ballpark of Sewell.  We could possibly elevate our strength of personnel by dropping back a bit in the draft for the right deal.  Only one team fits that bill and it's the Dolphin's.  Otherwise, Sewell is the logical choice.

We draft shitty and coach shitty. Adding more picks like recent ones does little. Good grief this staff traded UP for Finley and Jordan

On 12/8/2020 at 10:47 AM, Jamie_B said:

Which means you have to ask, is Jonah Williams your left tackle of the future

I would like to see him survive a full 16 game season before we start talking about him as our future anything.

More likely they will continue with their "think happy thoughts" strategy to roster building and once again fail to provide any depth at the position.  

And then act like it's just bad luck when we're back to scouring the local bus depots for his replacement halfway through the season.

Anyway, to answer your question:  The next best OT, and then the one after that.

37 minutes ago, Passepartout said:

Unless they get chemistry on both sides and with coaching, Bengals are a laughing stock! Plain and simple!

I thought that's what they've been since inception? I mean other than a few anomalous seasons here and there, this team has pretty much been a loser from the get go. I just assumed people were laughing at them the whole time. No?

19 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

I think 2nd round is the most interesting. And it determines who we sign in Free Agency. I don't think theres a pass rushing DT in this draft that will be around the 2nd round. And I think Leonard Williams could be a target. 

Leonard Williams is franchised this year looking for a hefty payday next year..

Hes a hybrid DE in 3-4 and DT in 4-3..

Hes having a big year with 10 sacks allready..

With the huge contract Reader received I dont see the Bengals shelling out that much again at the same position..

16 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Im at odds with that..

By picking 3rd or 4th you'll get a plug in player..

What draft picks would you want for either of those slots??

I stated above 9th and 22nd.  That is just as likely to have a plug and play draft pick.  However, I don't believe in Offensive Tackles being a true plug and play except the rare case.  Anything less than two first round picks and I would not move off of the 3rd pick (or 4th).

3 hours ago, Numbers said:

I stated above 9th and 22nd.  That is just as likely to have a plug and play draft pick.  However, I don't believe in Offensive Tackles being a true plug and play except the rare case.  Anything less than two first round picks and I would not move off of the 3rd pick (or 4th).

I would take Alex Leatherwood and Wyatt Davis, respectively, at #9 and #22.

40 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

I cant...i want the Best olineman in the draft..period..

Im not as high on Leatherwood as some and but i l8ke Davis..

Why not draft Sewell for LT. Put Jonah at RT and get rid of Turner..

There are a lot of teams that want him.  Described as a generational talent the Chargers and Cowboys could swing a deal for him.  If Jacksonville did that we should then pick Fields and tell them it’s your 1 and 2 now bitches.  

39 minutes ago, SF2 said:

There are a lot of teams that want him.  Described as a generational talent the Chargers and Cowboys could swing a deal for him.  If Jacksonville did that we should then pick Fields and tell them it’s your 1 and 2 now bitches.  

You Know as well As I do that the Jets aren't budging on Lawrence and Jax needs a franchise QB in the worst way..

Soooo we take Sewell ..no?

2 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

You Know as well As I do that the Jets aren't budging on Lawrence and Jax needs a franchise QB in the worst way..

Soooo we take Sewell ..no?

Scenario is LA Chargers trade 4th and 36th with Jacksonville for the 2nd.   Chargers take Sewell.  We take BPA not a QB. Jags still get Herbert.  

Jags only trade down if they like at least 2 of the non-Lawrence QBs equally. That's unlikely. If they trade below us so someone else can take Sewell, then we have no incentive to not trade out ourselves for a team that wants a QB. It could easily be the same guy the Jags hope to get at 4. So not worth it for them. 

6 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Scenario is LA Chargers trade 4th and 36th with Jacksonville for the 2nd.   Chargers take Sewell.  We take BPA not a QB. Jags still get Herbert.  

I think they go after Surtain with that pick..

Secondary is weak but with Surtain and James ciming back they would solidify their back coverage

Also why wouldn't LA just offer the Bengals that deal?

Archived