“The Annual Embarrassment on National TV vs. Pisspuke “ thread.

Steeler Nation is in full melt-down.  

giphy.gif

https://twitter.com/SteeIerNation/status/1341238324128845825

They're openly opining that they'll not win another game.  With Indy, Cleveland, and a playoff opponent they might not be that far off.  And some are grousing that they're the only team to not get a bye week (lol).

It's a beautiful thing.

Just now, AmishBengalFan said:

Steeler Nation is in full melt-down.  

https://twitter.com/SteeIerNation/status/1341238324128845825

They're openly opining that they'll not win another game.  With Indy, Cleveland, and a playoff opponent they might not be that far off.  And some are grousing that they're the only team to not get a bye week (lol).

It's a beautiful thing.

😩 freaking 😩 

8 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

No it didn’t.  Still #3.   

Sewell ain’t getting past the Jets anyway.   They aren’t stupid enough to take Fields are they?

Good question.  I see no reason to replace Darnold with Fields.  You can’t say he is passing the eye test. 

10 hours ago, SF2 said:

No shit.  Looking back the whole way, made a play on the ball. 

I agree. A relative (who's a Seahawk fan) texted me that it was PI and I said no way. He was going for the ball and that were it reversed there's no way the Bengals would have gotten that call. I thought the announcers were full of shit too. Notice they didn't say that right away? They said it after the commercial break

14 hours ago, HavePityPlease said:

I know this is expected in these games but considering it's covid times... am I wrong that there's STILL a majority of Steeler fans at the game?

No, you were not wrong.

Walking to the stadium I thought I was in POSburgh there were so many of them on the streets.

When the Squeels took the field, nothing but spinning yellow tampons in the stands.

12 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

No it didn’t.  Still #3.   

Sewell ain’t getting past the Jets anyway.   They aren’t stupid enough to take Fields are they?

Jets already have a good LT with Becton. While they could move him to the right side for Sewell, they have bigger needs. Their defense is terrible and they lack playmakers on offense. So they'll either draft a QB (trading Darnold) or trade the pick to a team who needs a QB. Doesn't matter if it's Fields, Wilson, Lance, or whomever. Some team will regard one of those guys as a franchise QB and be willing to trade up for him.

So the Bengals are likely to get Sewell. It's possible, but less likely a team could trade up with Jets for Sewell. 

3 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

I agree. A relative (who's a Seahawk fan) texted me that it was PI and I said no way. He was going for the ball and that were it reversed there's no way the Bengals would have gotten that call. I thought the announcers were full of shit too. Notice they didn't say that right away? They said it after the commercial break

It was marginal.  He's looking back, but the contact he makes doesn't look like it's part of him going for the ball.  I've seen shit like that called before.  I've seen it let go.  Glad it wasn't called.

48 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Jets already have a good LT with Becton. While they could move him to the right side for Sewell, they have bigger needs. Their defense is terrible and they lack playmakers on offense. So they'll either draft a QB (trading Darnold) or trade the pick to a team who needs a QB. Doesn't matter if it's Fields, Wilson, Lance, or whomever. Some team will regard one of those guys as a franchise QB and be willing to trade up for him.

So the Bengals are likely to get Sewell. It's possible, but less likely a team could trade up with Jets for Sewell. 

Good points, I think if Sewell had actually played this season it would be more likely someone would trade up a few spots for him (assuming he was still lights out). Now to trade up for a young player (he is only 20) who passed on this year is substantial risk. 

The real interesting exercise for us will be - what happens if the Jets DO take Sewell? I would assume various teams, before the draft would approach the Bengals with possible scenarios knowing that if Sewell was taken at #2 the Bengals may want to move down. If Sewell is there at 3 we take him and that is a no brainer. But if he is not there, they had better have some pre-determined scenarios to move to. 

Archived