“The Annual Embarrassment on National TV vs. Pisspuke “ thread.

6 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Why don't we do both?  Seems like the smart move to me; draft pick for the long term & a FA for the short term or in case we miss out on Sewell, Williams is hurt for the 3rd year in a row, etc.  If everything goes right we play the FA at guard instead, but how often does everything go right on an NFL roster?

In our case, never. Your thought process is essentially what BPA is, draft for the future and you can always trade off assets later. If we had re-signed Whit we would not gave been left with the Og at LT and the Og would gave had to fight for a spot , which he never would have gotten. 

3 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

In our case, never. Your thought process is essentially what BPA is, draft for the future and you can always trade off assets later. If we had re-signed Whit we would not gave been left with the Og at LT and the Og would gave had to fight for a spot , which he never would have gotten. 

This idea that rookies should have to earn their spot on the roster instead of being named a franchise LT (or whatever) before they are even drafted seems lost on this FO and fanbase both.

8 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

I am still amazed at the Bengal FO (Troy Blackburn?) comment to Whit about not valuing him that high.  How many draft picks.......some in the first round....and tens of $millions dollars wasted and they still have not found his replacement 4 years later.

That singular moment of Bengal Malpractice convinced me that while maybe they are decent folk the entire FO are football idiots.

I held out that maybe Tobin wasn't but he is right there with them.

11 hours ago, westside bengal said:

I am still amazed at the Bengal FO (Troy Blackburn?) comment to Whit about not valuing him that high.  How many draft picks.......some in the first round....and tens of $millions dollars wasted and they still have not found his replacement 4 years later.

That singular moment of Bengal Malpractice convinced me that while maybe they are decent folk the entire FO are football idiots.

I held out that maybe Tobin wasn't but he is right there with them.

What really dug them into a hole was all the half-assed attempts to fix it.  Cordy Glenn was broken down when we traded for him, the guy scouting the draft picks was legit worried about how they pour fucking ketchup like that was some kind of genius insight much more important than little things like the ability to block a defender..  And of course the phenomenal Bobby Hart who I'm convinced is only here because he laughs at Turner's jokes.

It's a bunch of incompetents with the money to surround themselves with people that are either related or otherwise unlikely to ever contradict them.  How arrogant must someone be to look at this team's record over the past several years and think they know what they're doing?

Archived