Dead Cat Bounce

Because winning and establishing winning over tanking has more value at this point in time. That can propel them. Show the buy-in is worth it. 

worked for the Dolphins last year. I want to try winnng.

I was all for tanking to get burrow. I am not all for tanking to be third.

5 hours ago, membengal said:

The dead dolphin bounce last year helped propel them into this year with some confidence and expectations to win.  I frankly think two more wins (should they pull that off) is of more value than picking 3rd. There are plenty of really quality OT prospects this year - don't necessarily need Sewell if that's the direction they go...

100% agree but I'll say it once again: they aren't tanking, this team just kinda sucks,  This isn't a grand strategy to get us the best pick of the magic beans.  

Either way, not to worry:  if they convince themselves that Sewell fixes everything the way Burrow did this year, we'll be drafting in the top 5 again in 2022.

8 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

100% agree but I'll say it once again: they aren't tanking, this team just kinda sucks,  This isn't a grand strategy to get us the best pick of the magic beans.  

Either way, not to worry:  if they convince themselves that Sewell fixes everything the way Burrow did this year, we'll be drafting in the top 5 again in 2022.

Thanks for the enlightenment..

36 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Sewell would simply fix one position....just like Burrow did. I know I've said this before but, a top 5 pick is absolutely supposed to come in and be a factor from day one. It doesn't matter what team.

I just don't don't get the gripe. You've fixed two of the most important positions on the field with the addition of Sewell. Why is it a problem that they would count on those picks?

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

Sewell would simply fix one position....just like Burrow did. I know I've said this before but, a top 5 pick is absolutely supposed to come in and be a factor from day one. It doesn't matter what team.

I just don't don't get the gripe. You've fixed two of the most important positions on the field with the addition of Sewell. Why is it a problem that they would count on those picks?

Too positive of an idea..

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

Well, the obvious reason would be that one is on IR and the other isn't on the team.

So because Burrow is on IR they made a mistake by counting on him? He was the number one overall pick in the draft, were they supposed to sign some shitty vet QB and put Burrow on the bench? Burrow as a rookie is better than any back-up QB they could have possibly signed in FA. Easy to say the should have built the line first but they didn't. You still take Burrow all day every day and you put him in there because he's the guy that gives you the best chance to win.. Same with Sewell if they get the opportunity. 

9 minutes ago, spicoli said:

So because Burrow is on IR they made a mistake by counting on him? 

The mistake was in thinking that Burrow was Superman and could come in as a rookie and fix everything.  That strategy having ended in total disaster, we now project the entire 2021 season on to the back of Sewell - another untested rookie who isn't even a member of the team yet.  

Expecting rookies to come in and singlehandedly fix this team is a mistake, yes.   "Counting on" them is one thing, expecting them to carry the entire franchise is quite another.

14 hours ago, tibor75 said:

Here is hoping the final game means something to the Ravens for playoff positioning - so they play their starters, almost guarenteeing a Bengal defeat

That plus I hope they don't bump the bunny and go to Houston and win.

Terrible thing to say but winning even one of the final two games would

drop them significantly in draft order.

Only three super players in the draft.

Lawrence, Sewell and Chase.

I have revamped my thinking and if we still draft third

and Sewell is not there, I would take Chase.

Heavy on O linemen rounds 2-4 and put out some $$ in free agency.

Would love to find a sociopath linebacker somewhere down the line, too.

I would also like to win the lottery.

I would not mind Chase at 3 if Sewell is gone but not if they had a chance to trade down. WR's can be had later. Chase would have the JB connection though. 

The last of our worries is the draft pick though as many have said here. We need some coaches turfed and replaced by far better ones. Can't even address the OL in FA until you have a valid coach to determine whom to target. 

Assuming no trades, we will also have a high round 2 pick and we need to get a player like Higgins and not like Sample; in terms of immediate and substantial impact. 

Better coaches, solid FA's, get all those damn injured guys back, at least 2 solid draft picks and then we can at least be competitive. 

Oh yeah, they need to at least sign Lawson and hopefully WJIII

Also, have to keep in mind that the lower cap this coming year should mean some very good players may be available at reasonable cost. The cap is going to make things very interesting for free agents and for vets who can be dumped to save space. This team does like to go dumpster dive so it will be overflowing. 

Pass on Chase if Sewell is off the board. Parsons would be a much better pick. A trade down with a QB-needy team should also be considered. 

I'm not worried about the Bengals inadvertently winning one of the last 2 games. The NFL is a QB driven league and we're about to face Deshaun Watson and Lamar Jackson with Ryan Findley or Brandon Allen. That is all. 

16 hours ago, T-Dub said:

The mistake was in thinking that Burrow was Superman and could come in as a rookie and fix everything.  That strategy having ended in total disaster, we now project the entire 2021 season on to the back of Sewell - another untested rookie who isn't even a member of the team yet.  

Expecting rookies to come in and singlehandedly fix this team is a mistake, yes.   "Counting on" them is one thing, expecting them to carry the entire franchise is quite another.

Damn, I bet you whine about getting a Blow Job!  "She licked my dickhead clockwise, she knows I like it counter Clockwise!!!". 😂😂😂

9 hours ago, spicoli said:

I don’t think anyone would be counting on Sewell to “save the franchise”....maybe fix the LT position for the next 5+ years but that’s about it. 

Sure, if we draft him and if he's coached up and if we put at least average talent around him and if he stays healthy and if he's everything he's hyped up to be... then yes, we've got our LT for the next 5-10 years.

And if any of those things don't happen, then what?  Fred Johnson or the guy who's spent 2x as many games on IR than on the field?  You may recall he was supposed to fix the LT spot for next 5+ years, too.  

21 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Sure, if we draft him and if he's coached up and if we put at least average talent around him and if he stays healthy and if he's everything he's hyped up to be... then yes, we've got our LT for the next 5-10 years.

And if any of those things don't happen, then what?  Fred Johnson or the guy who's spent 2x as many games on IR than on the field?  You may recall he was supposed to fix the LT spot for next 5+ years, too.  

Life is a game of Ifs..

What IF we dont draft him?..

Hey hey Bobby Hart..

29 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

So they should do what exactly then?

7 hours ago, kennethmw said:

Damn, I bet you whine about getting a Blow Job!  "She licked my dickhead clockwise, she knows I like it counter Clockwise!!!". 😂😂😂

I've seen two posts from this guy in the past two weeks.  None of which had anything to do with football, nor the Bengals.  He doesn't even come on here to celebrate a win or say Fuck the Stealers.  He comes here for one thing, to attack another poster.  Often to suggest they should be banned.  100% troll. 

Archived