Joe Burrow Update

22 hours ago, HavePityPlease said:

It was funny, after last night's Dolphins game the first 'highlight package' I saw was a Tua package with "cool music" extolling his virtues and clips of announcers saying "Tua's team" and "dynamic" and other such things....... and once again Tua was replaced in the actual game so that they could win.  Just waiting for the "is he ROY?" talk to start when he's done nothing to earn it.

As for Herbert, his stats are nice enough but they aren't winning and he has a way better team on paper than Joe does/did.  Of course for ROY talk it'll likely really be between Herbert and Jefferson, and I would be perfectly happy if it was Jefferson.  At the end of the day the award means nothing, we all know (and likely all actual football people know) Joe was far and away the best rookie offensive player this year, he just "can't win" with so many games missed.  

Tua was horrible yesterday and once again got benched in favor of future Hall of Famer, Ryan Fitzpatrick...

23 hours ago, HavePityPlease said:

It was funny, after last night's Dolphins game the first 'highlight package' I saw was a Tua package with "cool music" extolling his virtues and clips of announcers saying "Tua's team" and "dynamic" and other such things....... and once again Tua was replaced in the actual game so that they could win.  Just waiting for the "is he ROY?" talk to start when he's done nothing to earn it.

As for Herbert, his stats are nice enough but they aren't winning and he has a way better team on paper than Joe does/did.  Of course for ROY talk it'll likely really be between Herbert and Jefferson, and I would be perfectly happy if it was Jefferson.  At the end of the day the award means nothing, we all know (and likely all actual football people know) Joe was far and away the best rookie offensive player this year, he just "can't win" with so many games missed.  

Herbert is pretty damned good from what I’ve seen. He can make all the passes.  Still don’t think he is RoY. That should be either Jefferson or Chase Young.  That kid proved himself. 

39 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Herbert is pretty damned good from what I’ve seen. He can make all the passes.  Still don’t think he is RoY. That should be either Jefferson or Chase Young.  That kid proved himself. 

Fuck it..im voting for Tee Higgins..

Yeah im a homer!!

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

A rookie that isn't on the team yet and 2 guys on IR definitely do not make me comfortable but hey I guess he does have a 2nd knee

What are the chances that things turn out like he described vs what you want to see happen? 

8 hours ago, spicoli said:

What are the chances that things turn out like he described vs what you want to see happen? 

What I want to see happen is the team to actually invest in the OL to the point where there are 5 at least halfway capable starters & a couple of backup or development guys that aren't total dogshit to cover the inevitable injuries that come with playing those positions.  This is a common formula for winning teams across the NFL.

What I don't want to see is another paper thin and highly suspect depth chart made up of retreads, dudes that haven't been healthy their entire career, and the whole thing held together by a lot of wishful thinking.

Based on the history so far, yes the latter is much more likely but at some point maybe they will consider that having half the team end the season on IR every year is about more than just bad luck.

12 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

The OL will get fixed. There is no way the team would ever jeopardize  a young star QB with the bad OL. 

Of course not, they'd have to be crazy to risk the future of the franchise just to preserve the ego of a couple of degenerates & save a few bucks.

19 minutes ago, saphead said:

I'm sure modern day surgeries are pretty streamlined but no visible incision marks? Not a stich or staple mark? 

Maybe the kid has accelerated healing powers like Deadpool. 

It is VERY encouraging to see him moving so freely already. 

Archived