Joe Burrow Update

7 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Not gonna lie. I will not be mad if we do.

All depends upon what the Bengals have to  give up.  A third round pick?  Gimme! 

After last night I can't imagine that Fields is on their list or a top 10 pick.  I wouldn't even pick him in the first round.  Nice prospect, but not that impressive. 

1 minute ago, UncleEarl said:

All depends upon what the Bengals have to  give up.  A third round pick?  Gimme! 

After last night I can't imagine that Fields is on their list or a top 10 pick.  I wouldn't even pick him in the first round.  Nice prospect, but not that impressive. 

I saw a stat that showed that none of the QBs playing in this past weekend's games were top 10 drafted QBs.

15 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Take it easy son.  Don't rush it.  You need to be ready by Week 1, not sooner.  Rehab, rehab, rehab. 

No shit, I wish we could trust the team to pump the brakes a bit & do what's best for him in the long run, but..  Yeahhhh...

Getting back in his routine is good though, it should help him mentally when the hits start coming again.  The confidence to stand tall in a collapsing pocket is the real hurdle.  

14 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I saw a stat that showed that none of the QBs playing in this past weekend's games were top 10 drafted QBs.

Fields has got plenty of talent to work with, he just needs more development is all. He’s played something like 20 career games compared to 40 or so for Lawrence. Still though, 2 years as starter with a final four and a final two under his belt is not too shabby. 

2 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Fields has got plenty of talent to work with, he just needs more development is all. He’s played something like 20 career games compared to 40 or so for Lawrence. Still though, 2 years as starter with a final four and a final two under his belt is not too shabby. 

Not trying to knock the guy.  Agree, he needs more development which is why I wouldn't take him in the first round. 

4 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Wonder if he stays in another year in order to move up to a top pick

1 minute ago, spicoli said:

I definitely wouldn’t take him to start day one. Never know, he may go back to Columbus for one more year. 

May also depend upon who they have waiting to play.  Sometimes guys have to leave because the program will lose a young guy if they don't.  Happened at NC State with Russell Wilson.

I know one thing, if they can’t get Sewell I would be ALL OVER Devonta Smith. You don’t get a chance at true difference makers very often and that dude is 100% difference maker. If that’s not what you want in a top 5 pick I don’t know what is. 

3 minutes ago, spicoli said:

I know one thing, if they can’t get Sewell I would be ALL OVER Devonta Smith. You don’t get a chance at true difference makers very often and that dude is 100% difference maker. If that’s not what you want in a top 5 pick I don’t know what is. 

Smith is impressive.  He would provide the deep threat that they have been looking for to go along with the larger WRs they have been stockpiling.  I am concerned about Smith's ability to stay healthy long term.  He is really a slight guy.  Time will tell.  He is an amazing talent.

6 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Now that I think about it, they were wrong, as Mayfield was the top pick.

Josh Allen, Philip Rivers, Jared Goff (didn't start but played), Ryan Tannehill, Mitch Trubisky and Baker Mayfield are all Top 10 drafted QBs. Ben Roethlisberger just missed and was taken 11th. That's why I was confused by your comment. There were plenty.

2 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

Josh Allen, Philip Rivers, Ryan Tannehill, Mitch Trubisky and Baker Mayfield are all Top 10 drafted QBs. Ben Roethlisberger just missed and was taken 11th. That's why I was confused by your comment. There were plenty. 

I may have had the quote wrong, but they definitely said top picks.

38 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Smith is impressive.  He would provide the deep threat that they have been looking for to go along with the larger WRs they have been stockpiling.  I am concerned about Smith's ability to stay healthy long term.  He is really a slight guy.  Time will tell.  He is an amazing talent.

...and he’s already injured.  Just our kind of guy.  

:ninja: 

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

Jared Goff was a #1 overall pick. Alex Smith should have been playing but was hurt. Josh Allen was drafted #7. Baker Mayfield was #1 overall.

Jamie, I'd suggest you fact check your sources a little better before going public with the information they fed you. 

Considering he is just six weeks removed from surgery, this is pretty great news all around:

Ben Baby

@Ben_Baby

·

8m

Joe Burrow said the first two weeks of the rehab process was "pretty miserable." Said he's not at 100 percent obviously but he feels pretty good.

Ben Baby

@Ben_Baby

·

7m

Joe Burrow said the knee is at about 15%. Said he has done some body weight squats but has a long way to go in the rehab process.

On 1/7/2021 at 6:00 PM, membengal said:

The full Burrow interview , really good stuff here:

This all reminds me of the SI issue with Palmer on the cover vowing to be ready by game 1.  Unfortunately, nothing ever became of it other than he had some good years statistically.  The dog shit defense and distractions were impossible to overcome. 

Archived