Joe Burrow Update

Paul Dehner Jr.

@pauldehnerjr

·

6m

Joe Burrow on his knee and rehab: Week 1 is the target. No preseason, would use practices to create comfort. Is 9-12 month injury and all signs have him on that nine-month timeline which would be back for the opener. He sounds laser-focused on that endgame.

Paul Dehner Jr.

@pauldehnerjr

·

16m

Joe Burrow says he wore shorts Monday because with rehab he would have to take the sweats right off when he gets inside. Wears shorts everywhere. Wanted to make sure, however, everyone knows he is pro-sweats and can't wait to wear them regularly again. Speaking my language.

Lindsay Patterson
@LndsPatterson

23m
Added he'll be watching draft night and wouldn't mind adding former teammate Ja'Marr Chase

Lindsay Patterson
@LndsPatterson
· 23m
He's a really good player - he's an exciting player and great friend and is fun to play with - Joe Burrow on Ja'Marr Chase

Tyler Dragon
@TheTylerDragon
·
2m
Joe Burrow on returning Week 1: That's been the goal for me from the beginning ... We are on pace to do it right now. There is obviously a long road...but as far as right now, it's looking as good as it could for where I am at in the rehab process. #Bengals

45 minutes ago, membengal said:

Keenan Singleton

@KJMSingleton

·

4m

Burrow does a better job protecting his line than they him. Says he watched the play that ended his season a few times and described it as "they got some penetration."

Heh.  Like the Germans got some penetration in Poland. 

20 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

May also depend upon who they have waiting to play.  Sometimes guys have to leave because the program will lose a young guy if they don't.  Happened at NC State with Russell Wilson.

20 hours ago, spicoli said:

Yeah I’m not sure. As it stands right now they have a true freshman as back up. Hard to say how it’ll all turn out. 

The backups are young, but uber talented.  And the kid they have coming in next year (as of now) is even higher graded than Fields or Lawrence were.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

The backups are young, but uber talented.  And the kid they have coming in next year (as of now) is even higher graded than Fields or Lawrence were.

Sounds like someone will be transferring whether Fields wants to come back or not.  Sounds like it would be messy if he does.

The big dog, Ewers, doesn’t get there until 2022 so Fields won’t affect him any. It’s just a matter of if they think it’s worth pissing off CJ Stroud for another year of Fields. I would think they’d take that trade off in a heartbeat considering they have the highest rated QB ever coming in the following year. 

5 hours ago, Jason said:

I think your OSU video of running through the South is now officially outdated. 

5 hours ago, Jason said:

McCord isn't higher rated than Fields or Lawrence. He's a 5 star QB who will be competing with Miller and Stroud for the starting job. Whoever comes in 3rd will likely transfer out along with another transfer out after Ewers arrives for 2022. 

3 hours ago, sparky151 said:

McCord isn't higher rated than Fields or Lawrence. He's a 5 star QB who will be competing with Miller and Stroud for the starting job. Whoever comes in 3rd will likely transfer out along with another transfer out after Ewers arrives for 2022. 

I was speaking of Ewers. Most of the 2021 prospects signed in December, and since it is now 2021, next year is 2022. :smile: 

Archived