Sewellper Bowl Game Day Thread

Just now, spicoli said:

Well say goodbye to Sewell.. 

Yeah...

Falcons blew a last minute easy field goal to at least give them a shot at KC and take them a step further out of the running.

Our tie, the 1/2 win, is going to bite us in the ass big time.

Late games with Eagles and Panthers will have a big impact on where we pick.

Still, likely no Sewell.  

2 minutes ago, Sox said:

If it's not for a QB, screw the tank. 

This I agree with. Any draft pick is hoping they'll pan out. Sure the Bengals need to draft OL, but they need to get a player who has already shown to be solid at the NFL level. I don't know what options they'll have, but they need to do all they can to pursue best available.

1 minute ago, DudleyDawson said:

This I agree with. Any draft pick is hoping they'll pan out. Sure the Bengals need to draft OL, but they need to get a player who has already shown to be solid at the NFL level. I don't know what options they'll have, but they need to do all they can to pursue best available.

Yes sir. They'll have a shot at good WR, DE, or CB if they lose the Sewell sweepstakes, and who knows? A team may trade up to grab a QB. 

31 minutes ago, Sox said:

If it's not for a QB, screw the tank. 

Agreed.  I was 100% all-in balls-to-the-wall tank last year for Joe, but now that we have him I'm just happy to accept wherever we land.  Yes, I still "watch the big board" and all that, but we will have a chance at good players even in the worst case scenario.  Do I trust our draft room?  Hell no.  Is it better for us, even "luck" wise, that we finish higher in the draft order?  Of course.  Will it matter to the Bengals being a playoff contender or not?  Nope.

12 minutes ago, spicoli said:

They got Willie Anderson in a year where Jonathan Ogden was the best OT in the draft. Just sayin. 

This, 

IF you have done any mock drafts at all on draft network or PFF two things become clear:

1. There are absolute difference makers available in the picks 7-12 range of the 1st round of the draft and;

2. The tackle class is DEEP this year - there are guys who would improve our situation at RT available in rounds 2 and 3 if they choose to wait. 

1 hour ago, HavePityPlease said:

Agreed.  I was 100% all-in balls-to-the-wall tank last year for Joe, but now that we have him I'm just happy to accept wherever we land.  Yes, I still "watch the big board" and all that, but we will have a chance at good players even in the worst case scenario.  Do I trust our draft room?  Hell no.  Is it better for us, even "luck" wise, that we finish higher in the draft order?  Of course.  Will it matter to the Bengals being a playoff contender or not?  Nope.

I don't think anybody wanted to tank this year, but when Burrow was lost to the year, most of us thought that whatever happened after that was a "who cares?"

If Burrow is still playing they likely beat WFT, Giants, Dolphins, and maybe Dallas.  We would all be excited about a .500 year and nobody would care about Sewell.

Was there really a chance that Taylor was going to get fired?  If so, this week eliminated that possibility.  Is that a good thing?

We don't know. 

18 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

I don't think anybody wanted to tank this year, but when Burrow was lost to the year, most of us thought that whatever happened after that was a "who cares?"

If Burrow is still playing they likely beat WFT, Giants, Dolphins, and maybe Dallas.  We would all be excited about a .500 year and nobody would care about Sewell.

Was there really a chance that Taylor was going to get fired?  If so, this week eliminated that possibility.  Is that a good thing?

We don't know. 

^ This.

Attended the game today, and I was completely shocked at how many Bengals fans were at the game.

Got the chance to meet Brandon Wilson's parents.

Very nice people.

His dad told me that Brandon's brother is actually faster than him.

Also very surprised to see Texans fans leaving early after the Watson fumble.

12 hours ago, SmoothD said:

Attended the game today, and I was completely shocked at how many Bengals fans were at the game.

Got the chance to meet Brandon Wilson's parents.

Very nice people.

His dad told me that Brandon's brother is actually faster than him.

Also very surprised to see Texans fans leaving early after the Watson fumble.

Very cool.  Hope you enjoyed yourself.

Dumb statement.  I'm sure you did.

:icon15:

15 hours ago, Sox said:

The Jets held !

I think this pretty much knocks them out of playoff contention, too.

At least without some convoluted formula of wins and losses by other teams.

I think if Baltimore wins, that's all she wrote for the Clowns.

No playoffs and a lower draft pick.

4 hours ago, Sea Ray said:

No, the Browns are in with a win due to the expanded playoffs this year. It's Indy that needs help

They play POSburgh and tough call.

Even with all the hatred to the core of the Squeels

it would be a little mirthful to see them knock the Clowns out.

Dunno... Clowns will have a raging case of the reds after being humiliated

by the Jets and probably some of their receivers back from the STD ward of

the Cleveland clinic and Squeels have already clinched and may leave

Bent on the respirator an extra week.

Fuck the Squeelers.

Archived