2020 Season Post-Mortem

20 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Sunday was a punch in the dick all the way around.

Bummed about it ever since and have been mentally prepping this essay response.

Sunday... We lost.  No surprise there.  We were blown out and gave up a franchise high rushing record.

We didn't show up and some of those who did I never heard of.  Who is Jalen Davis and what was he doing

getting his ass burned to a crisp by their slot receiver?  OK... World of Suck.  Protect the Pick.

Props to Margus Hunt for knocking down two passes in consecutive plays bouncing one into Davis-Gaither's hands

and Trayveon Williams's 55 yard run.

Game over, scoreboard watching.  Nope, no help here.

I hate depending on other teams for a crumb here and there and it didn't happen.

Both Atlanta and Texans won so our draft position did not change.

Basically, every year I get depressed after out last game.  No kidding.

Long time until the next opening day kick off.

Texans and Falcons did not help my vile mood.

We draft 5th and are now depending on other teams for our pick, hoping someone

like Sewell or Chase drop, somehow.  Jacksonville gets Trevor, of course.

This leave Jets, Dolphins and Falcons.  Who we get depends on them, of course,

and very likely whom they trade with and who that team wants.

My thinking now is Pray for Sewell, take Chase if he is there because he is too good to pass up.

Maybe trade if someone is orgasmic and gives up the ranch and livestock for Chase or a quarterback.

So, without Sewell and Chase who remains who is worth the 5th pick in the draft.

Yeah, I like Pitt and Parsons a lot.  Slater, too, but do not think any, esp the first two are

worth the 5th pick.  Drop a couple slots via trade and pick up an extra pick and still get one.

I guess if you take a flyer on either at 5 it would be OK.

Its been forever since we have had a killer linebacker (Burfict not counted) and Parsons would be good

there especially with the young guys we have now.  Get rid of Golden Boy and get someone in there who

knows what they are doing and how to develop and utilize linebackers.   

PItt is intriguing and that is very high for a tight end.

But... yeah, with his talent and Joe Burrow's arm going to another target...  scary.

Post game radio show talked about how when Lemer was drafted by Baltimore

they designed a three tight end offense for him.  How about Pitt, C.J. (if he back at 100%)

and Sample who I do not think is as horrible as a lot of people.

Long time until April 29 (in Cleveland?  You're kidding!)

I hate the waiting.

You know a team will leap in front of us as MFB will be napping yet once again. 

28 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Id love to have Sewell but not for our 1 and 2 picks to move up to 2nd in the draft..

San Fran wants a QB desperately

and could up to 5 by trading us their 12th picks in round 1 and 2..

We then have 3 quality prospects in first 2 rounds .

Chances are you would get this scenario

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/1/6/22216311/bengals-mock-draft-2021-nfl-texas-longhorns-news

At 12 they have us getting Sam Cosmi, Texas OT

Round 2 pick 38 (ours) Georgia undersized (6-3 230lb) DE Azeez Ojulari mainly on the grounds that he kicked the shit out of some woefully mismatched UC Olineman in the Peach Bowl.  Strong pass.  Better to have Billy Price play D line.

Round 2 pick 43 Minnesota WR Rashod Bateman ... everything but speed.  No, again.

Not impossible one or  both there in Round 3.

I don't think Cosmi is even the second highest rated OT in the draft.  Would rather have Slater if we trade down and go OT but chances are he be gone.

The 12th pick is Mehville and San Francisco knows it.  A one way ticket to mediocrity and, no thanks, been there done that with the Marvengals.

Someone drafting 6,7,8... maybe if something else sweet was thrown in.  A third and next year's second.

As far as San Francisco's 12... no.

Would rather stay at 5 and take either Kyle Pitts or Micah Parsons.  Both studs and cream of the crop at their position.

Not counting Burfict, its been forever since we had a stone killer linebacker who was not on the pipe or in the pokey.  Hello, Micah.

Pitts is apparently a phenomenal tight end.  I like the idea of a lot of two and even three tight end sets with Sample (underrated) and C.J. if comes all the way back.

But hard NO to SF's 1st and 2nd, even if they throw in a 3rd.

30 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

How about signing OT Taylor Moten?

Saints are 80 Over the cap so i doubt they sign him..

Hes asking for 16.5mil a year..

I mentioned this back in October. Taylor Moton is the real deal and is only 26 years old. I highly doubt the Panthers can afford to re-sign him. Rarely do you see a guy this good, this young get to the open market. He's a RT so, if you believe in Jonah Williams (which I do) he's a great bookend. Moton and Scherff are the two most enticing offensive linemen available in my opinion. The Bengals signing one of these guys would be huge and would allow a little more freedom in the draft. I know this is unlikely to happen but, I'd love it.     

On 1/4/2021 at 10:45 PM, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Signed a better RT as a free agent , pay Hart half as much because no one else wanted him, admitted the team had drafted poorly and helped to add more scouts to the team, trade for a better RT. Lots of options

Or hell, at least signed one equally bad that didn't spend the offseason posting stupid, hateful shit all over social media.  Any mediocre free agent would've been fine.

9 hours ago, spicoli said:

That's what they thought they were getting in Sua Filo. And then Spain. 

Yeah look at that list of injuries from the first page of this thread.  Amazing how all these FA's managed to end up missing half the season at best. 

Wasn't sure if this was posted in another thread or not, but anybody is better than scumbag Turner. Comes from the Zimmer coaching tree:

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/1/7/22218356/bengals-to-interview-lions-o-line-coach-hank-fraley-per-report

Jim Turner could be replaced by a former assistant of Mike Zimmer

5 hours ago, Griever said:

Wasn't sure if this was posted in another thread or not, but anybody is better than scumbag Turner. Comes from the Zimmer coaching tree:

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/1/7/22218356/bengals-to-interview-lions-o-line-coach-hank-fraley-per-report

Jim Turner could be replaced by a former assistant of Mike Zimmer

I didnt know Jim Turner abd Mike Sherman were 1st cousins..

Explains some things on his hiring..

Hopefully Zach had learned not to listen to his old ass father in law anymore..

And good riddence..

On 1/6/2021 at 2:22 PM, claptonrocks said:

How about signing OT Taylor Moten?

Saints are 80 Over the cap so i doubt they sign him..

Hes asking for 16.5mil a year..

The Saints are in cap hell. This is a do or die season for them.  

Archived