Sewer Brewer: Week 17

Two of the top three corners are out (Alexander and Jackson) so will it be a repeat performance from LeShaun Sims?

Week 1: Randy Bullocks

Week 2: John Ross

Week 3: Billy Price is Wrong

Week 4: Drew Urine Sample

Week 5: AJ Green

Week 6: Darius Wilson Phillips

Week 7: Darius Wilson Phillips

Week 8: Carl Lawson

Week 9: BYE

Week 10: Alex Erickson

Week 11: Michael Jordan

Week 12: Brandon Allen

Week 13: Mike Thomas

Week 14: Trayveon Williams

Week 15: William Jackson

Week 16: LePat Sims

Sometimes they suck so badly a Sewer Brewer doesn't do it justice.

Only positive might have been Tee Hee Higgins setting a rookie Bengal record.  But no Mike Thomas screwed that up.

Brandon Allen - 0.0 rating.  Hard to do when you play the entire game.

Give it to the bum.

1 hour ago, tibor75 said:

Sometimes they suck so badly a Sewer Brewer doesn't do it justice.

Only positive might have been Tee Hee Higgins setting a rookie Bengal record.  But no Mike Thomas screwed that up.

Brandon Allen - 0.0 rating.  Hard to do when you play the entire game.

Give it to the bum.

Yeah but his QBR was at least 8.  

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

Hey!..it coulda been worse..

Couldnt it?

At least they didn't surpass the Bengals mark from the Corey DIllon days.

Bengals had 400 yards rushing on the day Dillon broke Payton's record.  Lenscrafters Warrick also had a 70 yard reverse on that day.

Edit - Bengals had 407 yards that day.  2nd most all time.  Ravens ended up with 404 - 4th most all time.   To be fair, the Bengals performance was more impressive as the Broncos were an ok/decent team.  Ravens did it against one of the worst NFL coaches/franchises of all time.

1 hour ago, tibor75 said:

At least they didn't surpass the Bengals mark from the Corey DIllon days.

Bengals had 400 yards rushing on the day Dillon broke Payton's record.  Lenscrafters Warrick also had a 70 yard reverse on that day.

Edit - Bengals had 407 yards that day.  2nd most all time.  Ravens ended up with 404 - 4th most all time.   To be fair, the Bengals performance was more impressive as the Broncos were an ok/decent team.  Ravens did it against one of the worst NFL coaches/franchises of all time.

If people check the game thread I was following this in real time.  With 9:30 or so left in the game the Rats were only 30 yards away from the all-time record. The ONLY reason they didn't get it is because:

1. They threw in the backups.
  2. They didn't "do anything stupid" by trying anything other than runs up the gut. 
  3. The Bengals by some miracle both expected this and called the plays to match.
  4. Somehow they figured out how to tackle again.
  5. When the Bengals had the ball they ran it a lot (presumably to get the game over with) and the Rats were happy to oblige and let the clock run.

38 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

If people check the game thread I was following this in real time.  With 9:30 or so left in the game the Rats were only 30 yards away from the all-time record. The ONLY reason they didn't get it is because:

1. They threw in the backups.
  2. They didn't "do anything stupid" by trying anything other than runs up the gut. 
  3. The Bengals by some miracle both expected this and called the plays to match.
  4. Somehow they figured out how to tackle again.
  5. When the Bengals had the ball they ran it a lot (presumably to get the game over with) and the Rats were happy to oblige and let the clock run.

I would imagine that in the game where the record was set, the story lines were very similar to your list.

12 hours ago, Cricket said:

I would imagine that in the game where the record was set, the story lines were very similar to your list.

Well, what happened in the Dillon record game (I never got to see it)?  From what I've gathered it was nothing like yesterday - it was getting stopped a bunch of times and then Dillon breaking off huge near-full-field runs (and as Tibs said, Warrick also breaking off a big one).  Yesterday was a whole lot of mid-range runs over and over, and the Bengals NEVER looking like they could stop them until those backups came in.

47 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

Well, what happened in the Dillon record game (I never got to see it)?  From what I've gathered it was nothing like yesterday - it was getting stopped a bunch of times and then Dillon breaking off huge near-full-field runs (and as Tibs said, Warrick also breaking off a big one).  Yesterday was a whole lot of mid-range runs over and over, and the Bengals NEVER looking like they could stop them until those backups came in.

I was there for the record in 2000. Going off of my 20-year memory: it was generally just “Dillon here, Dillon there” sort of monotonously all game long—especially in the 2nd half. As the 2nd half went along, I recall the stadium getting louder and louder—much like a crowd gets at a baseball game during a no-hitter. By the 4th—with full knowledge Denver could not stop the rush and the nearing Dillon record mark—it got almost deafening. Of all games I have attended, this one was Top 5 in terms of full-blown fun.

I want to say Warrick’s run was in the 3rd period, but simply do not recall—although it was electrifying. And, Denver was moving the ball too, but it seemed like the Bengals had it constantly

And all of this, with Akili and his 9 passing attempts. That I do remember distinctly.

On 1/4/2021 at 12:57 PM, Le Tigre said:

I was there for the record in 2000. Going off of my 20-year memory: it was generally just “Dillon here, Dillon there” sort of monotonously all game long—especially in the 2nd half. As the 2nd half went along, I recall the stadium getting louder and louder—much like a crowd gets at a baseball game during a no-hitter. By the 4th—with full knowledge Denver could not stop the rush and the nearing Dillon record mark—it got almost deafening. Of all games I have attended, this one was Top 5 in terms of full-blown fun.

I want to say Warrick’s run was in the 3rd period, but simply do not recall—although it was electrifying. And, Denver was moving the ball too, but it seemed like the Bengals had it constantly

And all of this, with Akili and his 9 passing attempts. That I do remember distinctly.

Akili went 2-9.  Mitchell 0-5.  Yeah, the Bengals completed 2 passes that day.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200010220cin.htm

Archived