Coaching Changes / Potential Candidates

4 hours ago, membengal said:

Also, thank god Turner is gone. At least we know the front office isn't blind... also, more fuel to the Dehner reporting on his pod that Hart is definintely gone and that they will active addressing line in FA...

Turner should not returned,anymore this season after burrow get injured.and there are more,who should be held accountable on the coaching staff like Lou anarumo.

1 hour ago, bigboi said:

like Lou anarumo.

Honestly I don't care about Anurumo one way or the other, if they fire the guy it's okay by me.

That said, it's extremely hard to play defense in the NFL without a competent DL.

Just sayin.

59 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Same as oline...

Turner chose to go to war with Bobby Hart and Michael Jordan.

Anuromo absolutely did NOT choose to go to war with Christian Covington, Xavier Williams, Margus Hunt or a washed up Mike Daniels. That's just what he got stuck with.

8 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Turner chose to go to war with Bobby Hart and Michael Jordan.

Anuromo absolutely did NOT choose to go to war with Christian Covington, Xavier Williams, Margus Hunt or a washed up Mike Daniels. That's simply what he got stuck with.

He didnt have to disconnect with his players by being uncommunicative with them but he Chose to..

I havent heard one player praise him as a fine coach..

He isnt...

3 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

He didnt have to disconnect with his players by being uncommunicative with them but he Chose to..

He isnt...

Ok. He's still the DC here next season. 

The DL coaches

DL Connection Current Link
Gary Emanuel Anarumo-Giants/Purdue FA https://www.giants.com/team/coaches-roster/gary-emanuel
Andre Carter Anarumo-Miami Jets DL https://www.newyorkjets.com/team/coaches-roster/andre-carter
Matt Burke Anarumo-Miami Eagles DL/Run Game Coordinator https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/coaches-roster/matt-burke
Jethro Franklin Golden-U of M FA https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jethro_Franklin
Terrell Williams Anarumo-Miami/Purdue Duffner-Miami Titans DL https://www.tennesseetitans.com/team/coaches-roster/terrell-williams

7 hours ago, spicoli said:

Ok. He's still the DC here next season. 

Maybe. And that would suck just like his defenses did all year. It's not the DL's fault no one could tackle, guys were constantly out of position, or that we were blitzing in the worst possible situations.

We don't have to make excuses for him just because we might be stuck with him, that's Hobson's job. Anarumo sucks.

14 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

If we draft Sewell Jonah will go to RT replscing Hart..

Two good bookends for JB..

Jonah has played in 10 out of a possible 32 games.  Maybe he never misses another but for right now we have to get some kind of depth there in FA.

Writing in a rookie and a guy who can't stay healthy as "two good bookends" seems overly optimistic for a QB coming off major knee surgery.   We need guys that have proven they can get the job done, not wishful thinking.

7 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Awesome. He’s still the DC next year. 

You're reminding me of certain people on here who were crowing about Bratkowski not getting fired.  It was weird then and it's weird now.  At least one of them had the excuse of being related to the guy.  Why you're doing it, IDK. Then Bratfailski was, in fact, fired and all their trolling looked extra stupid.

Unless you work for the Bengals you might want to take it down a notch.  I haven't seen anything from the team to suggest anyone's job is safe outside of Taylor (who is ultimately responsible, of course, but y'know..  3 year contract.)

:Troll-min:

6 minutes ago, spicoli said:

They’re not firing the guy, that’s all I’m saying. Taylor has come out recently showing full support for him. He’s safe here for another year, IMO. Whether that’s good or bad is irrelevant. 

True enough.  They will blame everything on Turner & then feign surprise when the same problems persist next season.  He showed full support for Turner too, but throwing other people under the bus seems to be a big part of his coaching style.

Brought this up elsewhere but how many wins does it take for Taylor to get an extension next season?  I'm gonna say 5.

9 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

The DL coaches

DL Connection Current Link
Gary Emanuel Anarumo-Giants/Purdue FA https://www.giants.com/team/coaches-roster/gary-emanuel
Andre Carter Anarumo-Miami Jets DL https://www.newyorkjets.com/team/coaches-roster/andre-carter
Matt Burke Anarumo-Miami Eagles DL/Run Game Coordinator https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/coaches-roster/matt-burke
Jethro Franklin Golden-U of M FA https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jethro_Franklin
Terrell Williams Anarumo-Miami/Purdue Duffner-Miami Titans DL https://www.tennesseetitans.com/team/coaches-roster/terrell-williams

Won't happen but still go with unknown out of town dark horse Kerry Coombs.

Had enough pull to get son, Braydon, onto Bengals staff.

Very high profile and well known in Cincinnati for string of state high school championships with Colerain High School

Will put butts in the stands.

Pro experience with Tenn Titans as Secondary Coach

D Coordinator / Secondary Coach at Ohio State 2012-17 when he left for Tenn, back to OSU 2020 after Titans coaching purge.

They thought highly enough of him in that position to bring him back and I'm sure they had a lot of options.

How many great OSU D players did he coach in that time?  Was there a Boca or two in there?  Some with Chase Young?  Some D backs who went pro?

Left OSU for the pros once before.

The guy's got some cred.

1 hour ago, membengal said:

Bob Bicknell out.

Think this has anything to do with AJ Green?  Because otherwise I thought our WR's were fine, Higgins seemed to be coming along like you'd expect from a rookie.. 

I wonder how many of these "firings" are really just contracts running out.  Were any of these guys expected to be here next year?

12 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

He isnt...

This is why I think for the good of the team, he needs to go. 

If your players don't trust and want to play for you, you should not be coaching them.

2 hours ago, membengal said:

Bob Bicknell out.

Is this official?

I don't know why they would do this, I thought our WRs were a strength. Sure AJ never got his old self back and Ross sucks, but Boyd, Higgins and Tate have all been bright spots, hell even Mike Thomas had a moment or two.

49 minutes ago, Montana Bengal said:

If that's what he wants to do, ok, but the running game problems imho have more to do with Taylor not calling enough running plays. We have 2 good RBs, and sure the Oline has problems but Taylor had this problem last year too, we started winning games last year when he ran more. And I'm not even a run-first guy.

23 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Is this official?

I don't know why they would do this, I thought our WRs were a strength. Sure AJ never got his old self back and Ross sucks, but Boyd, Higgins and Tate have all been bright spots, hell even Mike Thomas had a moment or two.

Nothing is "official" until the bengals announce it - but E. Jesse and others are reporting it. Bicknell never stays anywhere long - he's had 15 gigs in 18 years....

29 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

If that's what he wants to do, ok, but the running game problems imho have more to do with Taylor not calling enough running plays. We have 2 good RBs, and sure the Oline has problems but Taylor had this problem last year too, we started winning games last year when he ran more. And I'm not even a run-first guy.

Keep in mind that some of the assistant coach changes may be bad personality fits and not necessarily the coaches ability. I have let numerous staff go who were talented enough to do the job but they did not fit with other team members. We do know the team had various internal player issues but we not know how rife this was within the coaching staff (other than Turner who is an obvious asshole). 

10 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Keep in mind that some of the assistant coach changes may be bad personality fits and not necessarily the coaches ability. I have let numerous staff go who were talented enough to do the job but they did not fit with other team members. We do know the team had various internal player issues but we not know how rife this was within the coaching staff (other than Turner who is an obvious asshole). 

Also could be leaving on ow accord. Bicknell has tons of connections. 

52 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Is this official?

Ross done already been sucks..  This smells like "fire a bunch o guys, or you're fired."  I bet the contract ran out on all these position guys but they want to spin it it as Big Changes.  Good riddance to Turner, at least. Damage is already done where he's concerned.

Anyway this Ravens QB is kind of like, shitting on us from great height rn.  

Archived