Coaching Changes / Potential Candidates

4 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Won't happen but still go with unknown out of town dark horse Kerry Coombs.

Had enough pull to get son, Braydon, onto Bengals staff.

Very high profile and well known in Cincinnati for string of state high school championships with Colerain High School

Will put butts in the stands.

Pro experience with Tenn Titans as Secondary Coach

D Coordinator / Secondary Coach at Ohio State 2012-17 when he left for Tenn, back to OSU 2020 after Titans coaching purge.

They thought highly enough of him in that position to bring him back and I'm sure they had a lot of options.

How many great OSU D players did he coach in that time?  Was there a Boca or two in there?  Some with Chase Young?  Some D backs who went pro?

Left OSU for the pros once before.

The guy's got some cred.

Plus the Bengals can save some money with Combs, since they won’t have to buy him a coat.

🦗

5 hours ago, T-Dub said:

True enough.  They will blame everything on Turner & then feign surprise when the same problems persist next season.  He showed full support for Turner too, but throwing other people under the bus seems to be a big part of his coaching style.

Ok I’ve changed my mind...he won’t survive this beat down. Setting a record of futility in less than 3 quarters will be his death knell. Ravens are going to rack up over 400 rush yards before this one is over. 

9 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Ok I’ve changed my mind...he won’t survive this beat down. Setting a record of futility in less than 3 quarters will be his death knell. Ravens are going to rack up over 400 rush yards before this one is over. 

Anarumo?  Funny, I think you were right the first time.   More to the point, does it matter who the DC is?  It needs to be someone like Zimmer, Phillips, few other vets that aren't former Cowboys maybe..  Otherwise a DC won't have the clout to impact this culture problem they're trying to correct.  Either one of those guys would be a better HC anyway if boy wonder doesn't get it all in one duffel next year.

10 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Funny, I think you were right the first time. 

Nah, he won’t survive this monstrosity. This one might be enough to even get Taylor fired. Next few days are going to be interesting.  

18 hours ago, spicoli said:

Turner chose to go to war with Bobby Hart and Michael Jordan.

Anuromo absolutely did NOT choose to go to war with Christian Covington, Xavier Williams, Margus Hunt or a washed up Mike Daniels. That's just what he got stuck with.

And a broken down Geno and injured Reader. DL room has been fucked the whole season.

3 minutes ago, Jupiter Fan said:

And a broken down Geno and injured Reader. DL room has been fucked the whole season.

For Amaretto the decision has to be based on his systems and his communication skills  - are his systems any good and can he communicate effectively? If he was already deemed a good DC he would get a pass with the injuries, but he has no such background to fall back on. 

3 hours ago, spicoli said:

Nah, he won’t survive this monstrosity. This one might be enough to even get Taylor fired. Next few days are going to be interesting.  

I salute your optimism. I don't buy it for a second, but appreciate it nonetheless.

19 minutes ago, Montana Bengal said:

Florio on pregame (NBC) said that Taylor “may not be entirely safe”

It would be great... but I'm jaded, like most of you. We were there season after shitty season when Shula kept getting a free pass. Or Bratkowski hung on even after the announcers were calling the plays in advance. Or Paul Alexander keeping his job for over 20 years. *sigh*

15 minutes ago, Cat said:

It would be great... but I'm jaded, like most of you. We were there season after shitty season when Shula kept getting a free pass. Or Bratkowski hung on even after the announcers were calling the plays in advance. Or Paul Alexander keeping his job for over 20 years. *sigh*

"Or Bratkowski hung on after the announcers were calling the plays in advance"...

One of the most brilliant statements this year..

🏆

13 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Maybe. And that would suck just like his defenses did all year. It's not the DL's fault no one could tackle, guys were constantly out of position, or that we were blitzing in the worst possible situations.

We don't have to make excuses for him just because we might be stuck with him, that's Hobson's job. Anarumo sucks.

Golden is horrible at blitzing..all damn year..

Looks like a bunch of "lost" individuals .Pathetic teaching..anything..

On 1/2/2021 at 4:50 PM, gupps said:

I'm not taking up for these guys or anything but why wouldn't you wait until the season is over before canning them?

because they fucking suck.. make a statement... I love it 

the Bengals have let shit coaches hang around too long forever... 

2 hours ago, fluhartz said:

because they fucking suck.. make a statement... I love it 

the Bengals have let shit coaches hang around too long forever... 

It is a simple question:  Has the team shown obvious improvement the last 2 years?  Nope.  

So Gase is now fired.

IF we do move on coaches, get it out there publicily now.  If we look like we're serious about improving and getting the right people in; you have to market yourselves that way.

I'd rather have Brady as an O coordinator. Hiring him as head coach gets us into another Zac Taylor situation. Rookie HC and few connections to hire assistants. Of the two choices I think we're best to hope that Zac has learned a few things in two yrs, including which assistants to fire and bring in better ones. Brady had superior talent at LSU. All kinds of 1st/2nd rounders were drafted from that team

I think ZT should be fired from play calling.

I'd give him one more year to show & prove that he can HC.  Focus on being a HC.

ZT and Callahan can still draw up the plays, but the latter needs the gameday responsibility.

ZT needs to focus on all sides of the ball. 

Archived