Tanking in Philly?

Sea Ray

That game tonight vs Washington was as blatant a tank job as you'll see. They (the Eagles) were jumping offside, missing fumbles etc, etc but the biggest issue is at QB. They started Jalen hurts who has his rough edges but then Peterson puts in their version of Ryan Finley minus the mobility, in Nate Sudfeld...while Carson Wentz stands on the sidelines apparently inactive for the game. Either choice would have been far superior to Sudfeld. He ended up throwing 12 passes for about 30 yards and he lost a fumble. NFL should insist on better.  If the Eagles were playing a team out of it like our Bengals tonight, I'd have no problem with it but as it is, the game was on national tv with a division title on the line. I think we'll hear lots on this game from the talk shows this week.

They were eliminated last weekend. Losing wasn't going to help them much--they still would have been 5 or worse. Pederson and Wentz are finished as a couple, and the latter will be heading somewhere else next season. 

Didn't see "tank", more a disinterested/not too good team, trying to get their "suitcase game" finished. 

The Nameless Washington team didn't look overwhelming either. I fully expect Tommy to torch the living shit out of them next weekend.    

Archived