Today is a significant anniversary

I was 100 meters from Iraq in the middle of fucking nowhere leaning against an M1A1 tank thinking, “Did the Bengals win?”    We had no radio reception.  

So the reality is the last time I watched or heard the Bengals win a playoff game live was against San Diego in the freezer bowl. I was there. My friend’s dad had company tickets and said, “Fuck that.”  We were in High School. The radiator in his Dad’s Firebird froze up on the way home by King’s Island.   We were pretty high when AAA showed up an hour later. 

During the 89 Super Bowl run I was doing a “border tour” on the West/East German border. Basically, 40 days of 24/7 border patrol duty.  The only playoff game we got to see was the Super Bowl.  We lost. 

So, 40 years for me??  Fuck my life. 

4 hours ago, Shebengal said:

30 years to the day since our last playoff win. 41-14 against the Houston Oilers. 

Now, for grins and giggles, how many of you were alive for this? 🙋🏻‍♀️

Not only was I alive, I was there!

On 1/6/2021 at 6:10 PM, Shebengal said:

30 years to the day since our last playoff win. 41-14 against the Houston Oilers. 

Now, for grins and giggles, how many of you were alive for this? 🙋🏻‍♀️

Alive and in Section 326. It was a lot of fun...what I can remember anyway 

1 hour ago, Sea Ray said:

Hell, I was at the playoff game vs Buffalo in 1981-82 that was damn cold. I had a wedding to attend after that so I gave my tickets to the real freezer bowl away. Glad I did

During halftime the bathrooms were packed with people just trying to stay warm.  The cig smoke was so think I thought I was at a Blue Oyster Cult concert at Hara Arena.  Unfortunately, it was the wrong flavor of smoke.  

16 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

I was 15.

I remember it because it was the same year that the Reds won the pennant and I thought Cincinnati Sports was on the rise.

:(

They won the World Series 10 years later!

Archived