1st Round Trade?

22 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Please do. I’d really like to see them. 

Here you go:

Right after John Ross was drafted, Ralph said:

RalphSmall.png.c1898d92e2f05732e049ceb1fbf8d37e.png  I love John Ross, and when I grow up I'm going to marry him!  Oh, and he's going to change the NFL.

^^^ It's right there.

Bengals last 5 3rd round picks:

Nick Vigil

Jordan Willis

Sam Hubbard

Malik Jefferson

Germaine Pratt

Logan Wilson

So 2 DEs, 1 of whom is decent and 4 LBs, none of whom are very good. 

In other words, the Bengals can throw in a 3rd round pick to get a trade done without giving much up.

21 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Bengals last 5 3rd round picks:

Nick Vigil

Jordan Willis

Sam Hubbard

Malik Jefferson

Germaine Pratt

Logan Wilson

So 2 DEs, 1 of whom is decent and 4 LBs, none of whom are very good. 

In other words, the Bengals can throw in a 3rd round pick to get a trade done without giving much up.

Given the opportunity the Bengals should pull the trigger on a trade for Sewell..Sign Moten as well..

Sewell..Williams-Hopkins -Spain-Moten

The Browns had a mediocre line..

They drafted Willis at LT and signed Jack Conklin for RT..

Callahan coached up Teller..

They now have one of the very best lines in the NFL..

We can do this too...

1 minute ago, claptonrocks said:

Given the opportunity the Bengals should pull the trigger on a trade for Sewell..Sign Moten as well..

They drafted Willis at LT and signed Jack Conklin T RT..

We can do this too...

Mike Brown laughs in your face and dips his cookie in your tears.

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

Katy may do it..its her go now..

Get over M B for a minute..

I thought Katie-Troy Overdrive took over years ago, before the Whitworth/Ogbuehi/Glenn/Hart snowball of shit occurred?

Kind of seems like every offseason they are supposed to be passing the torch or whatever & then they fuck up and it's Ol' Musty's fault again.

And why do we think Katie is going to be some vast improvement exactly? Her wealth of experience and storied NFL career?  Everything and anything she knows about running the team she learned from the guy we're so anxious for her to replace.

2 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

They drafted Willis at LT and signed Jack Conklin for RT..

We can do this too...

big thing right there

What makes anyone think Moten would want to come to the Bengals?  Is he known to not be interested in winning?  Seriously.  Good FAs don’t come here except when they have little choice. 

Absolutely, positively zero chance the Bengals can move up offering a third round pick. 

9 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Absolutely, positively zero chance the Bengals can move up offering a third round pick. 

Nor should they. They need every pick they can get their hands on.

They should be movin on back if anything. 

1 hour ago, UncleEarl said:

What makes anyone think Moten would want to come to the Bengals?  Is he known to not be interested in winning?  Seriously.  Good FAs don’t come here except when they have little choice. 

Two reasons:

1. Joe Burrow

2. Cash

If you pay him, he will come.

3 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

"Absolutely no chance Bengals move up offering a third "you said.

And you know this because???

Its the fifth pick in the 3rd btw..

No trade up, if Sewell is gone try to trade down a little and take yje 2nd best tackle (or guard). If they want to use the extra pick on a speed receiver, I'd be OK with that tho not exactly happy.

As far as the Bengals signing Thuney or Moten, if they spent major $$$$ on the o-line Whitworth and/or Zeitler would still be here. In all  honesty I'm hoping a change in coaching will improve the line significantly.

13 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Katy may do it..its her go now..

Get over M B for a minute..

9 hours ago, BengalFanInTO said:

I hate the constant "Mike Brown...blah, blah, blah" thing some folks around here are fixated on responding with but, that there was funny. Kudos.

I am one of the few people on here who actually likes Mike Brown.

I think he is committed to the team and the city and wants to win.

Its his life's work and not some rich boy (or girl's) play toy.

When I speak ill of him, its tongue in cheek in jest.

No matter how much control Katy and Troy (gag) have over the team,

its ludicrous to think he does not exert some control and influence.

He still has an office at PBS and I don't think he spends his days playing Madden.

1 hour ago, gupps said:

No trade up, if Sewell is gone try to trade down a little and take yje 2nd best tackle (or guard). If they want to use the extra pick on a speed receiver, I'd be OK with that tho not exactly happy.

We knew this was going to happen.  The Pittsburgh win was sweet when it happened (and still is) but we knew it would come back to

bite us in the ass in the draft.

As far as trading down, I would not want to drop any lower than 7, maybe 8.  No lower.

If we could do that, take Slater.  More a Bengal kind of O lineman, anyway.  OT but can

play OG and even C... an intriguing thought depending on who else we end up with.

Not suggesting it, but just throwing it out there.  I'm not a Hopkins fan.

Slater at 6-7-8 would be fine.  Also a Bengals kind of guy in that he has great po-ten-tial.

No trade, stay at 5 and take Micah Parsons, the LB.  Seeing ink rating him as high as the third

best prospect in the draft behind Lawrence and Sewell.  No lower than 5th.  Drops in mocks

because LB isn't as sexy as other positions.

Don't think the Bengals would do it, use that high a pick on a linebacker but as I see it we have

zero back there.  Well, some young guys who may be OK if, of course, they get and stay healthy.

Always a big "if" with the Bengals.  Bynes is this year's Kevin Minter.  And you can still buy A.J. Hawk

jerseys for chump change in the Pro Shop.

So Parsons at 5 (admit thinking hard about TE Pitts, too, because he plays offense)

Or trade down a bit and take Slater.

If Parsons at 5, of course OL at 2 and 3.

Archived