1st Round Trade?

23 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

It makes sense that MB would be upset about Burrow's injury. Burrow is to Brown as the ring is to Gollum, his precious.

Not so sure the cap will actually shrink that much. The union certainly but the owners as well would like to smoothe out the down revenue season or two. With media rights up for bidding later this year, there should be enough dough to level things out. Last year's cap was 199 mil, maybe 2021 will have 190 or more. 

Everything I have read at least to this point indicates a $176mil cap. The teams took a huge hit as did the media that cover them. Attendance = ticket sales revenue as well a concessions, merchandise and parking revenue. We are talking millions of dollars per week. Some of the wealthier teams may be okay with keeping the cap high but many will find it stretching their finances and especially ones well below the cap see opportunity to move toward catching up with rivals.

Of course negotiations will continue but any media negotiations will need to be completed in time for cap changes before the FA period as it will likely have a significant affect FA and draft strategy for a lot of teams. Nothing is set in stone yet but $178 mil seems to be the number the last time I checked yeaterday. 

5 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Was not Waddle seen as a better prospect than Smith?

I think at one time that was the consensus among talent evaluators...1 Chase 2 Waddle 3 Smith.....I think you'd have a hard time now though finding any of those same evaluators that didn't have Smith being the top guy. There are definitely not five players in this draft better than he is.  

2 minutes ago, spicoli said:

I think at one time that was the consensus among talent evaluators...1 Chase 2 Waddle 3 Smith.....I think you'd have a hard time now though finding any of those same evaluators that didn't have Smith being the top guy. There are definitely not five players in this draft better than he is.  

Certainly not Waddle, he had no business being on the field last night and limping bad off the field on TV in very limited use didn't help his draft position at all. I'll refrain from my opinion on Satan about that. Oops I mean Saban.

Has any corner dropped off like Shawn Wade?

I thought he was horrible against Clemson until Smith was his matchup..

God Lord in Heaven!...

I now a believer in Smiths talents even though hes frail..

Hes a true gane changer....

Wade was a good slot corner but the move to outside corners makes him look like a 4th rounder..or worse..

Yeah Wade has had a rough year on the outside and definitely lost himself some money. I will say this though, I’m not sure he looked a whole lot different last night than any other corner has that’s tried to guard Smith this year. Kid is just a holy terror. 

15 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Yeah Wade has had a rough year on the outside and definitely lost himself some money. I will say this though, I’m not sure he looked a whole lot different last night than any other corner has that’s tried to guard Smith this year. Kid is just a holy terror. 

Agree about guarding Snith but Wade has been Bad on the outside..real bad..

That Clemson receiver ate him up as well..

Hes definately a slot guy..

By MicharlWestons charts Alexander was allright in coverage but a horrible tackler..

Hes a FA and they could bring him back at 6mil ..

Or....draft Wade later.

Wade is a good tackler and he likes blitzing which Alexander may not do..

If he was there in round 3 would you draft him?

Round 4?.......

57 minutes ago, spicoli said:

I’d definitely draft him in R3, he’s still got a lot of talent...just put him in a position that lets him play to his strengths. 

Agree..he was completely out of his element on the outside but good in the slot ..

Good to know what corners are good or bad  in alignments...

He may just be there in the 3rd...

11 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Agree..he was completely out of his element on the outside but good in the slot ..

Good to know what corners are good or bad  in alignments...

He may just be there in the 3rd...

I know there are a lot of OSU fans here, but Wade has no business playing CB in the NFL.  If he has to cover the slot in college what makes you think it won't be harder in the NFL?  The guy can tackle though.  He should hit the weight room and learn to play FS.

As far as the National Championship game goes that wasn't all on Wade.  Saban and Sarkasian had a great gameplan to attack OSU's defense and they had the players to make it happen.  Day & Co. were not only out talented on the outside they were out coached.  Not having a specific gameplan to deal with Smith was some combination of arrogance and foolishness. 

17 hours ago, JungleJohn said:

Everything I have read at least to this point indicates a $176mil cap. The teams took a huge hit as did the media that cover them. Attendance = ticket sales revenue as well a concessions, merchandise and parking revenue. We are talking millions of dollars per week. Some of the wealthier teams may be okay with keeping the cap high but many will find it stretching their finances and especially ones well below the cap see opportunity to move toward catching up with rivals.

Of course negotiations will continue but any media negotiations will need to be completed in time for cap changes before the FA period as it will likely have a significant affect FA and draft strategy for a lot of teams. Nothing is set in stone yet but $178 mil seems to be the number the last time I checked yeaterday. 

The league and union previously agreed not to drop the cap for 2021 below 175. They'll need to agree on the cap for 2021 by late February so they can set the franchise tag numbers for the new league year. The union will push pretty hard to smooth things out and while that's better for some teams than others, I don't think the owners will push back very hard on it. 

3 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

I know there are a lot of OSU fans here, but Wade has no business playing CB in the NFL.  If he has to cover the slot in college what makes you think it won't be harder in the NFL?  The guy can tackle though.  He should hit the weight room and learn to play FS.

As far as the National Championship game goes that wasn't all on Wade.  Saban and Sarkasian had a great gameplan to attack OSU's defense and they had the players to make it happen.  Day & Co. were not only out talented on the outside they were out coached.  Not having a specific gameplan to deal with Smith was some combination of arrogance and foolishness. 

Hey, they had a plan. It's Tuf Borland's fault he didn't execute his man coverage on Smith amirite?

6 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

I am a tOSU alum and huge fan and I wouldn't look at Wade before the 5th round. IMO we already have more talented guys on the roster now. Lets face it. Bama was just better all around on Monday night. Day was out coached and the entire team seemed to drift in and out of playing a bit flat. Nobody has covered Smith so I wouldn't judge Wade base solely on that but IMO there are at least 10 DBs on the draft board with a better chance of NFL success than Wade.  We need Edge way more than DB. Hurry the passer and the DBs will have a better situation. Give a QB 5-8 seconds and receivers are going to get open. CB is on the outer edges of my radar. 

27 minutes ago, JungleJohn said:

I am a tOSU alum and huge fan and I wouldn't look at Wade before the 5th round. IMO we already have more talented guys on the roster now. Lets face it. Bama was just better all around on Monday night. Day was out coached and the entire team seemed to drift in and out of playing a bit flat. Nobody has covered Smith so I wouldn't judge Wade base solely on that but IMO there are at least 10 DBs on the draft board with a better chance of NFL success than Wade.  We need Edge way more than DB. Hurry the passer and the DBs will have a better situation. Give a QB 5-8 seconds and receivers are going to get open. CB is on the outer edges of my radar. 

Meh, Day wasn’t outcoached.  I was at the 2008 Nat Champ game vs LSU. Same thing, just way more speed where it counted and a SUPERIOR oline. 

It’s hard to blame coaching when they had 12 games worth of film where Jones had 4 seconds to throw and Smith easily runs away from coverage against plenty of good teams.  

As far as Wade goes, he has been very average all season and he can’t turn his hips fast enough.  Taylor Mays part 2.   He will probably be fast at the underwear Olympics though. 

12 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

247/sports had the Bengals drafting G Wyatt Davis at 5 in round 1...

Their credibility went out the window..

If you want to see something really un-credible go to one of those draft sims. I traded out of #5 with Denver (Sewell was gone) and got their #1,2, and 3. I lol'ed. Had a great draft tho.  :)

28 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

247/sports had the Bengals drafting G Wyatt Davis at 5 in round 1...

Their credibility went out the window..

For sure. Way high for him.  Not to mention Mike Brown does not value guards enough to pick one anywhere near that high. 

40 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

For sure. Way high for him.  Not to mention Mike Brown does not value guards enough to pick one anywhere near that high. 

And rightfully so.  It’s like picking a running back that high.   Would you rather have Saquan Barkley at #2 or Chubb, Henry or Kamara picked in later rounds?

16 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

I don’t disagree. 

I can’t wait for this year’s high draft pick Wide Receiver orgy that is about to occur. The last great wideout picked in the top 10?  Mike Evans ?  Julio Jones and AJ Green?   And please, nobody say Amari Cooper. 

Archived