1st Round Trade?

11 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

...Creed Humphry is dropping to the upper middle rounds.  Short arms, I guess, but I am thinking he could be everything Billy Price was supposed to be. 

...or he could be the next Billy Price.

:shrug: 

49 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

One trend I am seeing and like from the mocks and mock simulators (which I am aware mean absolutely nothing... but I am a junkie for them, anyway)  is that Creed Humphry is dropping to the upper middle rounds.  Short arms, I guess, but I am thinking he could be everything Billy Price was supposed to be.  But, hey, I still have homes for Billy with the new O line coach.

Speaking of Billy, I mentioned before that at the games he would stand off to the left pretty much away from everyone else on the team (players) which I took as a very bad sign for him symbolically if nothing else.

OL needs are a lot stronger at T and G than center.

24 minutes ago, Cricket said:

Didn’t our starting center tear his ACL?

Exactly. Not only that, Trey Hopkins is only OK. He escapes a lot or ire and blame because he's the least stinky turd. It doesn't make him good. I know they wouldn't do it but I would be way OK if they signed Corey Linsley from GB. I think the Center is a very important position on the line and just OK isn't good enough for me.

1 hour ago, BengalFanInTO said:

Exactly. Not only that, Trey Hopkins is only OK. He escapes a lot or ire and blame because he's the least stinky turd. It doesn't make him good. I know they wouldn't do it but I would be way OK if they signed Corey Linsley from GB. I think the Center is a very important position on the line and just OK isn't good enough for me.

"Best horse in the glue factory" as the old saying goes

5 hours ago, High School Harry said:

One trend I am seeing and like from the mocks and mock simulators (which I am aware mean absolutely nothing... but I am a junkie for them, anyway)  is that Creed Humphry is dropping to the upper middle rounds.  Short arms, I guess, but I am thinking he could be everything Billy Price was supposed to be.  But, hey, I still have homes for Billy with the new O line coach.

Speaking of Billy, I mentioned before that at the games he would stand off to the left pretty much away from everyone else on the team (players) which I took as a very bad sign for him symbolically if nothing else.

Creed Humphrey is a left handed center..

Tua and Creed would work either in Miami or Houston ...

2 hours ago, spicoli said:

Hard for a C to look good when he's lined up in between two hot piles of shit. 

This.  I think Hopkins is fine, but he spent all year worrying about the two bags of garbage next to him. 

Also, damn near every OL tears an ACL at some point it seems.  It isn't the problem everyone makes it out to be.  At worst the guy won't be ready game 1.  Then again I have no issue drafting a C in the fourth round or later, but in the first three rounds that would be stupid.

5 hours ago, BengalFanInTO said:

OK makes Hopkins the best OL on the team.  Like I said, lots bigger problems on the OL.

58 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

This.  I think Hopkins is fine, but he spent all year worrying about the two bags of garbage next to him. 

Also, damn near every OL tears an ACL at some point it seems.  It isn't the problem everyone makes it out to be.  

It is when the next man up is either Hart or an orange barrel that fell off the highway.  

You're right though, OL is a tough position to stay healthy at, which is why you 1. need depth and 2. do what it takes to hang on to guys that show up every week

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

It is when the next man up is either Hart or an orange barrel that fell off the highway.  

You're right though, OL is a tough position to stay healthy at, which is why you 1. need depth and 2. do what it takes to hang on to guys that show up every week

Agree...

The whole league needs oline starters and depth right now...

We just happen to have the worst 5 starters as a unit..

Makes it hard when your starters are actually better suited fir depth!

50 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Agree...

The whole league needs oline starters and depth right now...

We just happen to have the worst 5 starters as a unit..

Makes it hard when your starters are actually better suited fir depth!

Really hoping Williams can make it through a full season.  With him & Hopkins its still a task but do-able, without either of them though? Already at the point where they probably need to overpay for some really average talent. IDK how you replace an entire OL without neglecting other areas in the process.  Not like we're solid everywhere else right now as it is...  

11 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Really hoping Williams can make it through a full season.  With him & Hopkins its still a task but do-able, without either of them though? Already at the point where they probably need to overpay for some really average talent. IDK how you replace an entire OL without neglecting other areas in the process.  Not like we're solid everywhere else right now as it is...  

Yes...we have holes or extrene depth holes most everywhere..

Agree about Jonah and Hopkins...

Spain is allright as long as you don't bounce him around every damn week like Turner was hadhim do...no continuity to alot of the linemen that way..

Adenijji probably had it the worst..

Fred Johnson too..

On 1/21/2021 at 10:17 PM, MichaelWeston said:

I think I'd be happy with any of the following, a trade down to 12 or so to give the niners a QB could still land us a stud and maybe another second and a late first in 2022. 

1. Sewell

2. Slater

3. Chase

4. Darrisaw

5. Smith

6. Waddle

7. Pitts

8. Barmore

9. Paye

10. Rouseeau

Fuck the 49ers.   Sorry, just an involuntary reflex.  

9 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Yes...we have holes or extrene depth holes most everywhere..

Agree about Jonah and Hopkins...

Spain is allright as long as you don't bounce him around every damn week like Turner was hadhim do...no continuity to alot of the linemen that way..

Adenijji probably had it the worst..

Fred Johnson too..

With such bad coaching it's hard to really know what they have in these guys.  Have to hope Pollack can make chicken salad out of..  well, you know.

11 minutes ago, gupps said:

Should be able to grab AT LEAST an extra 3rd if we trade down. More if we start a bidding war.

Since the prospective trade-up would be for a QB, anything that does not include future first-rounders is a MASSIVE failure by the Bengals front office.

10 minutes ago, HavePityPlease said:

Since the prospective trade-up would be for a QB, anything that does not include future first-rounders is a MASSIVE failure by the Bengals front office.

Seeing m2ore and more mocks projecting Slater to the Bengals even though Sewell is still there.  Saying Cindy loves Slater's 5-position versatility.  Haven't seen many places project Slater over Penei.  I'd rather have a 10-year tackle over a swiss army knife that high.  You can find guards later on.  Guess I'll take a closer look as the off-season goes on.

9 hours ago, snarkster said:

Seeing m2ore and more mocks projecting Slater to the Bengals even though Sewell is still there.  Saying Cindy loves Slater's 5-position versatility.  Haven't seen many places project Slater over Penei.  I'd rather have a 10-year tackle over a swiss army knife that high.  You can find guards later on.  Guess I'll take a closer look as the off-season goes on.

Saw that this morning also, maybe they feel Slater has a higher floor/lower ceiling type guy. I almost hope Sewell is gone by 5 so we trade down but i fear Mikey would just pick a @#%#$^ WR instead.

7 minutes ago, gupps said:

Saw that this morning also, maybe they feel Slater has a higher floor/lower ceiling type guy. I almost hope Sewell is gone by 5 so we trade down but i fear Mikey would just pick a @#%#$^ WR instead.

Or maybe the other GMs and media are fucking with the Bengals. 

Archived