1st Round Trade?

On 1/22/2021 at 5:07 PM, UncleEarl said:

OK makes Hopkins the best OL on the team.  Like I said, lots bigger problems on the OL.

As I recall Hopkins was rated very highly for his production before Turner took over. I think he's better than OK

On 1/23/2021 at 10:45 PM, snarkster said:

Seeing m2ore and more mocks projecting Slater to the Bengals even though Sewell is still there.  Saying Cindy loves Slater's 5-position versatility.  Haven't seen many places project Slater over Penei.  I'd rather have a 10-year tackle over a swiss army knife that high.  You can find guards later on.  Guess I'll take a closer look as the off-season goes on.

Am I the only one who doesn't know who Cindy is? I know Katie but this slow kid needs to be educated on Cindy

On 1/24/2021 at 10:19 AM, I_C_Deadpeople said:

I read somewhere the other day that JB was frustrated that he could not throw the ball deep more , so IF (big IF) they went after a few good OL in FA I see them taking a WR at 5.

This is exactly what I'd like to see them do. Actually land a high level and a second tier guy for the offensive line in free agency and then get another weapon at another position in the draft, like WR. I'm not wild about drafting guys to protect Burrow any way. If they don't go with this philosophy then there will be no choice but to go this route. Then, that stupid bitch Cindy may take Slater. 

9 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Yeah, with Cindy Brady, you'd get the benefit of randomness from someone who knows she doesn't know how to do the job. Not persistent, systematic failure from someone who is convinced he knows how to do the job and is just unlucky.

image.jpeg

Athletic had a Q&A with Taylor, it was very generic coach speak and not worth the read but here are the 10 people that the Bengals sent to the Senior Bowl:

Each NFL team was allowed to bring only 10 people, and that group has been churning out long days that begin with mandatory COVID-19 testing every morning — “and not the kind we’re used to, but the one where they go way up in there,” offensive coordinator Brian Callahan said. The traveling parties, which for the Bengals is comprised of Taylor, Callahan, director of player personnel Duke Tobin, defensive coordinator Lou Anarumo, special teams coordinator Darrin Simmons, scouting directors Steven Radicevic (pro) and Mike Potts (college), scouts Andrew Johnson and Christian Sarkisian and director of strategy and engagement Elizabeth Blackburn, leave downtown Mobile around 10:45 a.m. for the 30-minute drive to newly constructed Hancock Whitney Stadium, which will replace Ladd-Peebles Stadium as the game venue. They settle in to watch a pair of two-hour practices by the American (Panthers) and National (Dolphins) teams. After a 30-minute drive back downtown, the coaches and scouts have a little more than an hour before they need to be in place at the convention center, where 64 tables that are divided by plexiglass and separated by curtains are set up, two for each team with a maximum of four seats.

From 7 until sometime after 11 p.m., 32 players are scheduled for interviews, with every player meeting with 16 teams for 15 minutes each. The next night, those same 32 players meet with the other 16 teams. And there’s a good chance that will be the only time team personnel gets to meet face to face with a player until the draft.

On 1/27/2021 at 2:12 PM, claptonrocks said:

Creed Humphrey has the shortest arm length of any lineman in the draft..

31.25 length..

Even shorter than Price..32.00..

FWIW

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/lists/mac-jones-cade-johnson-2021-senior-bowl-film-observations-from-day-two/

Creed Humphrey flirts with perfection

(Vasha Hunt-USA TODAY Sports)

While Quinn Meinerz was good on Wednesday, fellow center Creed Humphrey from Oklahoma was better. The bally-hooed matchup between him and defensive tackle Levi Onwuzurike did not materialize, as the Washington defender sat out practice on Wednesday, but no matter. Humphrey flirted with perfection in my mind, because if he lost a rep, I missed it.

He was solid in team drills whether run blocking or pass blocking, but he really shined in one-on-one drills as he stoned pass rusher after pass rusher. His hand technique is solid but his lower body base and anchor was tremendous on Wednesday. Teams needing help at center would be wise to move him up their boards.

:::::::::::

I'm not a Hopkins fan. Maybe give this guy some consideration if he slips to round 3.

comprised of Taylor

(Once got a real NFL coach's autograph)

Callahan

(Architect of 40+ pass attempts/game with a rookie QB and the worst OL in football)

Duke Tobin

(Comes free with the stadium, promoted from potted plant)

Lou Anarumo

(Promises to yell much louder this year)

Darrin Simmons

(Seems halfway competent, but still a Bengals ST coordinator after 20 years - sus)

scouting directors Steven Radicevic (pro) and Mike Potts (college)

(Good thing we've got directors for these vast scouting departments to keep everything running smoothly!)

scouts Andrew Johnson and Christian Sarkisian

(Ok so this is actually more of a "Captain & Gilligan" situation than a "department". Let's build a healthy OL out of coconuts!)

Director of strategy and engagement Elizabeth Blackburn

(No one can deny that her last name is, in fact, Blackburn! Such strategery, much engaging!)

With this crack team there is no doubt in my mind that the Bengals will make several picks in this year's draft.

5 hours ago, T-Dub said:

comprised of Taylor

(Once got a real NFL coach's autograph)

Callahan

(Architect of 40+ pass attempts/game with a rookie QB and the worst OL in football)

Duke Tobin

(Comes free with the stadium, promoted from potted plant)

Lou Anarumo

(Promises to yell much louder this year)

Darrin Simmons

(Seems halfway competent, but still a Bengals ST coordinator after 20 years - sus)

scouting directors Steven Radicevic (pro) and Mike Potts (college)

(Good thing we've got directors for these vast scouting departments to keep everything running smoothly!)

scouts Andrew Johnson and Christian Sarkisian

(Ok so this is actually more of a "Captain & Gilligan" situation than a "department". Let's build a healthy OL out of coconuts!)

Director of strategy and engagement Elizabeth Blackburn

(No one can deny that her last name is, in fact, Blackburn! Such strategery, much engaging!)

With this crack team there is no doubt in my mind that the Bengals will make several picks in this year's draft.

And we  could have coached the game in the only year without a combine and told them no. 

Archived