Jersey Change?

Does anyone know if the Bengals are planning a jersey change this offseason? I ordered a high end Burrow jersey back in May that won’t be delivered until February. The current jerseys are discounted. I have a couple more weeks I can cancel the order.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Does anyone know if the Bengals are planning a jersey change this offseason? I ordered a high end Burrow jersey back in May that won’t be delivered until February. The current jerseys are discounted. I have a couple more weeks I can cancel the order.

When Mike Brown said we were going to show our stripes next season, i think he meant new uniforms. 

13 minutes ago, Griever said:

I havent heard of anything but I wouldnt be surprised. If i remember correctly, we changed uniforms (to our current set) in Palmer's second year so perhaps the same is in store for Burrow

I would be pleased if they just used some throwbacks once a year or so.  Too much trouble or expense to change out the stickers on the helmets?

This is basically the color rush uni with some  orange on the pants. As far as I'm concerned the color rush unis are the best looking that we have, clean, simple, and they don't look like a pumpkin threw up on them. I'm working on the black/black unis but no idea when I'll finish.

white on white.jpg

On 1/9/2021 at 5:04 PM, I_C_Deadpeople said:

When Mike Brown said we were going to show our stripes next season, i think he meant new uniforms. 

So if they continue to lose, then can we use the motto and say, the new stripes are the same as the old stripes?  Or the same old stripes?  I am starting to think Mediocre Marv received his new mottos every year from MFB.  

13 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

I would be pleased if they just used some throwbacks once a year or so.  Too much trouble or expense to change out the stickers on the helmets?

The stripes are painted on, so there's no changing them, and because of the league's one-helmet rule, they can't wear throwbacks or switch to white helmets for color rush.

I described the stripes as "painted on", but actually it's the opposite. They start with a black shell, apply stripes, paint it orange, then remove the stripes, revealing the black underneath.  (If you think about it, that's easier than taping on the rest of the helmet and painting the stripe areas black.) I think it then gets a few coats of clear. I'm not sure when they started doing it this way, but it's been several years. I assume the reason was the maintenance on six stripes x 50+ helmets, as opposed to the teams with a single decal on each side.

It has been rumored that the league might finally relent on the silly one-helmet rule, but nothing's for sure. The reality is that many players "choose" to swap helmets throughout the year, but the league doesn't want to be in the position of "mandating" a helmet change for throwbacks or color rush. Meanwhile, college players are required to wear three or four different helmets a year, in some cases.

As for the jerseys, it's way past time to move on. I've never liked the number font or the way the stripes switch from orange-on-black to black-on-orange near the shoulders, but the obviously worst part is the white side panels.

7 hours ago, Bleeds Orange said:

The stripes are painted on, so there's no changing them, and because of the league's one-helmet rule, they can't wear throwbacks or switch to white helmets for color rush.

I described the stripes as "painted on", but actually it's the opposite. They start with a black shell, apply stripes, paint it orange, then remove the stripes, revealing the black underneath.  (If you think about it, that's easier than taping on the rest of the helmet and painting the stripe areas black.) I think it then gets a few coats of clear. I'm not sure when they started doing it this way, but it's been several years. I assume the reason was the maintenance on six stripes x 50+ helmets, as opposed to the teams with a single decal on each side.

It has been rumored that the league might finally relent on the silly one-helmet rule, but nothing's for sure. The reality is that many players "choose" to swap helmets throughout the year, but the league doesn't want to be in the position of "mandating" a helmet change for throwbacks or color rush. Meanwhile, college players are required to wear three or four different helmets a year, in some cases.

As for the jerseys, it's way past time to move on. I've never liked the number font or the way the stripes switch from orange-on-black to black-on-orange near the shoulders, but the obviously worst part is the white side panels.

Interesting. The one helmet rule is archaic. Just want to see the old “Bengals” helmet and uni trotted out once in a while.  

I’m not sure what the football program does, but the Michigan hockey program tapes the design on their helmets. They have different practice helmets and every player does it himself.  A tradition they pass down. Alas, you can’t expect professionals to do that stuff. 

These aren't perfect, but are probably my favorite mockups that I've seen, with the exception of the color rush unis (they look too much like the browns), and i don't think there's any reason to widen the helmet stripes. Pretty much a simpler/cleaner version of what we have now:

- No side panel

- No weird shoulder yoke

- Traditional numbers

1 hour ago, SmoothD said:

These are perfect.

Only change I would make, would be removing the rectangle bars on the pants.

Favorite combo is the white jersey, orange pants, black socks

1748250562_ScreenShot2020-05-06at4_58_50 

Black_Set.jpg.2962f48065b23135d49e46c003White_Set.thumb.jpg.ce208e5085ba5e58c36d

I like the black-black-orange (jersey-pants-socks) the best out of this group...

33 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

no it isnt.lol

But nice go at it..

Well I think it is. hmph. :1_grinning:

I just hate the look of the unis as they are now (way too loud/too much going on for me). That's why I like the color rush unis so much and I wish they would make those the default uniforms like the cowboys white/light blue.

Regarding the color rush with the white striped helmets...I like them because they are unique. Much like the white tigers they represent. But I wouldn't want them to be worn more than once or twice a year. They're the Cincinnati Bengals, not the Cincinnati Zebras...or Refs.

3 minutes ago, Griever said:

Regarding the color rush with the white striped helmets...I like them because they are unique. Much like the white tigers they represent. But I wouldn't want them to be worn more than once or twice a year. They're the Cincinnati Bengals, not the Cincinnati Zebras...or Refs.

I agree.  I don't want to change the classic helmets.  Would love the black & white full color rush unis occasionally.

Archived