Jersey Change?

23 hours ago, High School Harry said:

I was surprised at how good they were.  I thought they would be at least waterlogged from being in the rain.  Don't know if they took them in after the games but they were great.  As a matter of fact, here they are having dinner at National Exemplar yesterday evening.

IMG_0552.jpg

Didn't know Ebenezer Scrooge was a Bengals fan

My nephew is really into this stuff and works for a credit card company and that somehow gets him some kind of inside info on some of this stuff if you wanna call it that but he's telling me changes wont be drastic and side panels are gone. as well as the god awful number fonts. Helmets remain the same thank god. Also a good possibility that they're going back to the Corey Dillon/1st year Carson Palmer stripes width or possibly the thinner but more stripes Boomer era ones. Also talk of the leaping tiger logo making return in some fashion.

Apologies if this is already known but I havent been able to read anything about it yet just the messages my cousin sent me about it that have some very nice mock ups that he was told were possibly very similar.  He had asked whoever about a few different ones and was told that one of em could possibly be very similar. Which I took the way he told me was the person was saying that with a (wink wink as in yup but I cant tell ya) Supposed to be unveiled close to draft day. I'll post the mock ups I was sent and they are in my opinion sweet pron best mock ups I've ever seen. Take it with a grain of salt but I hope these are close to them especially the 1st whit one I'll post and the black boomer style aj green one. Just please Bengals dont fuck this up and definitely dont let nike fuck it up like their abominations of the Falcons and Rams unis.

Oh and one more thing that gives him some credibility in this is that he told me a year ago that this was coming. Granted it could have been a good bet or guess since we know M Brown is a business man and would want to capitalize on a new popular #1 overall qb like he did with Palmer but he told me about it before we even drafted Burrow even though I believe at the time he told me it was a given we would prob be taking him. If I remember right it was right around the last week or 2 of the 19 season he told me that he was told about the change for what it's worth.

Edit. My favorites are probably a toss up of the 1st 3 and the last 3. Not the very last one that's plain with leaping tiger and no stripes, but the 3 before it with the stripes being close to the Boomer era ones. I would rather see the white one in that last set with orange incorporated in to it to be their main away jersey to go with what would be their home black and alternate orange rather than it being just black and white like a color rush one. I'd be cool with it if they did use the all white and black ones as the color rush though. Even maybe inverting image black and white might look pretty good as well.

The AJ Green one with that shade of black and orange and Boomer era stripes would prob be next on my list.

I even like the last one just wish it had stripes incorporated somehow. It is nice and clean and I love the shade of the black and orange used as well as the leaping tiger being back but they're just to plain for me.

Would also like to see the tiger head logo and the running tiger logo to updated to be carrying a current benga helmet now instead of a white one with tiger head on it. Hope the B logo goes and tiger head comes back along with leaping tiger. Would love an old school update of the running tiger carrying a white helmet re done to be running with a current striped helmet.

photo0.jpeg

photo2.jpeg

photo1.jpeg

photo0(2).jpeg

photo0(3).jpeg

photo2(1).jpeg

photo1(1).jpeg

photo3.jpeg

There was also a give away of a Burrow jersey which has people saying that the stripe pattern used somewhere in the promo for it or somewhere else in the promo is going to be very close to the  new stripes. I havent seen this contest yet but that's what he told me. Theres a few other mock ups he sent me.  I dont like them very much. I think I saw someone post em here somewhere before but I'll throw em up just incase I'm mistaken 'to see your opinions on em.

Edit: and here's an image of the Burrow jersey contest as well.

photo0(4).jpeg

photo1(2).jpeg

photo2(2).jpeg

photo0(5).jpeg

15 minutes ago, StripesEarned said:

My nephew is really into this stuff and works for a credit card company and that somehow gets him some kind of inside info on some of this stuff if you wanna call it that but he's telling me changes wont be drastic and side panels are gone. as well as the god awful number fonts. Helmets remain the same thank god. Also a good possibility that they're going back to the Corey Dillon/1st year Carson Palmer stripes width or possibly the thinner but more stripes Boomer era ones. Also talk of the leaping tiger logo making return in some fashion.

Apologies if this is already known but I havent been able to read anything about it yet just the messages my cousin sent me about it that have some very nice mock ups that he was told were possibly very similar.  He had asked whoever about a few different ones and was told that one of em could possibly be very similar. Which I took the way he told me was the person was saying that with a (wink wink as in yup but I cant tell ya) Supposed to be unveiled close to draft day. I'll post the mock ups I was sent and they are in my opinion sweet pron best mock ups I've ever seen. Take it with a grain of salt but I hope these are close to them especially the 1st whit one I'll post and the black boomer style aj green one. Just please Bengals dont fuck this up and definitely dont let nike fuck it up like their abominations of the Falcons and Rams unis.

Oh and one more thing that gives him some credibility in this is that he told me a year ago that this was coming. Granted it could have been a good bet or guess since we know M Brown is a business man and would want to capitalize on a new popular #1 overall qb like he did with Palmer but he told me about it before we even drafted Burrow even though I believe at the time he told me it was a given we would prob be taking him. If I remember right it was right around the last week or 2 of the 19 season he told me that he was told about the change for what it's worth.

Edit. My favorites are probably a toss up of the 1st 3 and the last 3. Not the very last one that's plain with leaping tiger and no stripes, but the 3 before it with the stripes being close to the Boomer era ones. I would rather see the white one in that last set with orange incorporated in to it to be their main away jersey to go with what would be their home black and alternate orange rather than it being just black and white like a color rush one. I'd be cool with it if they did use the all white and black ones as the color rush though. Even maybe inverting image black and white might look pretty good as well.

The AJ Green one with that shade of black and orange and Boomer era stripes would prob be next on my list.

I even like the last one just wish it had stripes incorporated somehow. It is nice and clean and I love the shade of the black and orange used as well as the leaping tiger being back but they're just to plain for me.

Would also like to see the tiger head logo and the running tiger logo to updated to be carrying a current benga helmet now instead of a white one with tiger head on it. Hope the B logo goes and tiger head comes back along with leaping tiger. Would love an old school update of the running tiger carrying a white helmet re done to be running with a current striped helmet.

photo0.jpeg

photo2.jpeg

photo1.jpeg

photo0(2).jpeg

photo0(3).jpeg

photo2(1).jpeg

photo1(1).jpeg

photo3.jpeg

Tks so much for sharing..

Quite interesting..

Question to you..

With no trades and Sewell gone whats your first 2 picks in the draft for the Bengals?.

On 1/20/2021 at 11:28 AM, High School Harry said:

Slightly OT but speaking of jerseys,

I was at the PBS Pro Shop yesterday (picked up my cardboard cut outs that were in the stands for the first part of the season)

and they have a bunch of Carl Lawson 58 jerseys on sale for 40% off.

What's this mean?  Probably nothing but

let the rumors and conspiracy theories begin... 

They probably got way too many unis thinking there would eventually be way more fans at the stadium. 

10 hours ago, SF2 said:

They probably got way too many unis thinking there would eventually be way more fans at the stadium. 

I thought that, too, combined with the fact that Lawson was not a very hot selling jersey.

A P.S. FWIW

I was back at the PBS Pro Shop again Friday.  Wanted to get a coffee mug I saw the previous time

when I picked up  the cutouts, liked and did not get.  Was given a 20% off coupon, not much of a detour

from drive to lady friend's house so I stopped and picked it up.

The point... now all Bengal jerseys are 40% off.

Yeah, clearing the deck for the new ones.

Now see the NFL may be reconsidering the one helmet rule.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2021/01/23/bengals-jersey-redesigns-nfl-changes-one-helmet-rule/

I do like our current one, best in the NFL

but would love to see a white with black stripes and a black with orange stripes.

PBS Pro Shop has mini helmets that are white with orange stripes.  OK, but prefer the

two I mentioned above a lot more.

On 1/22/2021 at 9:25 PM, claptonrocks said:

Tks so much for sharing..

Quite interesting..

Question to you..

With no trades and Sewell gone whats your first 2 picks in the draft for the Bengals?.

Sorry took so long to get back to ya only have the internet on my phone at moment and it gets really difficult at times especially during high traffic times during the day and or night, this whole covid and all has me about poor these days no home internet or cable so make due with what I can on my phone and it's hot spot. When I lived up north T- Mobile was great for me but since being stuck in South Carolina it's been awful. I have come across a few more mock ups I really like so they have a lot of options to make some great looking unis let's hope they don't blow it. I'll post the new mockups I saw when I go back and download em a

with my dial up speed. Anyway to get to your question.

I feel being 5th this year is a very tough spot for us if Sewell is not there. I mean Chase and Parsons should be there but in my opinion we isn't a great need. I'm good with Higgs, Boyd and Tate and maybe a Michael Thomas or another speedy guy that knows what he's doing is durable and catch unlike Ross. I really wish AJ would be back to his old form but he's gone.

As for Parsons, coming from someone who's father played qb at Penn St and Myself who played LB for a year (if you'd like to call spring ball playing lol) before I screwed up and went off the deep end after a family tradgedy ended that I can tell you I've watched a whole lot of the kid from a perspective of guy who played the position. Now don't get me wrong the kid Is a player I just don't see top 5 worth there or being a huge help to us as I see him in the same mold as a Gathier who started coming on later in the season. Then with Wilson who I like having a 3 of them would more than likely make a solid middle for our defense depending on what Anarumo decided to do with em. I mean he basically shut a surefire hof DT down and was using our best DE in a way that didn't allow him to do what he does best then got him shipped off so who knows.

This year is super deep at CB OT and WR so trading back would no doubt be best option. If we have to stay put and no Sewell I'm think we gotta go Parsons as my 1st choice and if not him then Chase. At least Burrow would have his reunion with a guy he's familiar with and had success together. We just have so many spots to to fill though. We absolutely need Online help and a TE that can stretch the field. If we get one of those guys then we can get a little spedster like a Tyreek Hill to run those crossers all day long if we can get Burrow time and that would help the run game a ton. Then I'm imagining that W Jackson III is prob leaving along with Crawford who I think is a free agent this year. Then we have to worry about Hopkins injury how he'll respond. No disrespect to him but he took a step back this year. I know he's a hell of a hard worker and it could have just been the 2 guys that lined up next to him every week but fought  through all he did to not only make the roster but move up to start over a 1st rounder. Just hope the payday he finally got after all that work wasn't the cause for regression. Hopefully Pollack can get something out of Price since he was the one beating the table to take him and he had showed flashes in a few games last year he got in because of an injury but had other that he still looked awful. 

We have Wayne's coming back which we haven't seen a thing from. Have no idea how he's recovered how he'll do in this system or how he'll work with the players he'll be on the field with so that's troublesome. Also I believe Alexander or Simms or maybe both a free agent as well. It all leads up to one of the only drafts I remember In recent memory I'm not seeing someone I want them to absolutely draft ar their spot other that Sewell. If they do take Parsons I can love with it but hope they don't reach and lose value taking a tackle they could have gotten 10 slots later or a TE that they could have gotten layer either. All of these opt out for the year don't make it any easier that's for sure. Just hope they make good decisions in FA and Draft they shod have plenty of cap room that's for sure.

What are you thinking regarding picks?

I'm pretty sure was a time when only one non-regular helmet a year was allowed, and it had to be a throwback. When color rush came along, that changed a little, with teams like the Broncos and Giants slapping the old logos onto their current helmets (even though the colors weren't historically correct), the Bills switching to a white mask, and the Jets using a green chrome mask and metallic decals. But then this season the Chargers wore three different white helmets with different bolt colors, so I guess it's no longer forbidden.

If I had to choose, I'd prefer to see the old 1968-79 stuff (intentionally excluding the 1980 black mask season) on the field once or twice a year, but the white helmet would be nice, assuming they'll allow a third helmet to be worn. I'm glad the league keeps a handle on this stuff. I'd hate to see the league go the way of NCAA football and MLB, where you turn on a game and no idea who is playing. The NBA may be that way as well? 

11 hours ago, Bleeds Orange said:

I'd hate to see the league go the way of NCAA football and MLB, where you turn on a game and no idea who is playing. The NBA may be that way as well? 

Yes the NBA is batshit crazy with a different jersey every other game. What I really hate are the games when the home team wears the road unis and the away team is in white. Drives me nuckin' futs'!

And don't get me started on the alternate floors....😡

51 minutes ago, saphead said:

Yes the NBA is batshit crazy with a different jersey every other game. What I really hate are the games when the home team wears the road unis and the away team is in white. Drives me nuckin' futs'!

And don't get me started on the alternate floors....😡

I turned on an NBA game the other day and saw some wired and bright pink/blue uni, turned out to the Heat but man are those things ugly. 

Archived