Jersey Change?

51 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Good News and Bad News...

Good News: My new Bengals jersey is on the way!  Woo Hoo!

Bad News: Its a number 4 Fat Randy.

:ninja:

Kickers need lovin too. Of course everytime he misses a kick you get a beer shower at the stadium.

Funny that every mockup assumes they are staying with the old pants style, which would the only part of the uniform then that was "stripes within a stripe". I suspect they will have changed them to something more simplified like the jersey stripes.

9 hours ago, BENGALS666 said:

That orange over orange is the worst thing I've ever seen, and I live in the Vol state..

They need to ditch the all orange except maybe for color rush (and the helmet). Orange is too damn loud to be splattered all over the uniform. Someone ought to photoshop a hardhat and a "Slow" sign on that one Burrow pic.

45 minutes ago, gupps said:

They need to ditch the all orange except maybe for color rush (and the helmet). Orange is too damn loud to be splattered all over the uniform. Someone ought to photoshop a hardhat and a "Slow" sign on that one Burrow pic.

But if everyone is talking about how loud and ugly the unis are, they might forget about how bad our defense is.  Them Blackburns is smarter than you think. 

15 hours ago, Griever said:

The mono-black or white is fine but i agree, going mono-orange is too much.

Orange is only ever good as a highlight color. Every example of a sports team (IMO) going full-pumpkin yields hideous or at least eye-blinding shocking results. I'm thinking of Bengals, Browns, Orioles, Vols, old Bucs, SF Giants, Gators etc. The only team that can start to pull it off is the Broncos, so let it be their thing..

Bengals won’t confirm or deny if leaked uniforms are real

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/3/12/22322973/bengals-leaked-uniforms-nfl-news

Bengals Director of Communications Emily Parker recently came on our show to talk about fan engagement, free agency plans, and, of course, the new uniforms.

When I mentioned the images found on eBay and asked for confirmation, she replied:

“All I can say is, I know there’s a lot of excitement around the new uniforms and that it’s been fun to see all the various mockups that are out there. And, whether or not there’s, the uniforms, whether or not they’re out there, I don’t know.” 

Take it that these are DEFINITELY the new jerseys and given that (IMO) they did a surprisingly good job here - that it is inevitable that they will fuck up the process via one or more of the following wretched mistakes:

- make the orange jersey the primes

- give them orange pants

- do anything other than an inverted version of the black jersey for the white aways (black stripes on white sim to the the old color rush is all they need

- keep the absurd current pants stripes with that little splotch of white at the top and a swooshy stripey thing that for some reason swings around the front of the pants instead of staying on the sides..

Saw elsewhere the Bengals  would not have the Leaping Tiger returning to the uniforms is because lots of high school/college teams have tigers, but the "Bengals Block B" is unique to the Bengals.  The reason is no one else would put the fricken hideous thing on their uniforms/merchandise.  The worst thing about it is so damn unimaginative.  Well, on second thought, maybe it does belong.

8 minutes ago, snarkster said:

Saw elsewhere the Bengals  would not have the Leaping Tiger returning to the uniforms is because lots of high school/college teams have tigers, but the "Bengals Block B" is unique to the Bengals.  The reason is no one else would put the fricken hideous thing on their uniforms/merchandise.  The worst thing about it is so damn unimaginative.  Well, on second thought, maybe it does belong.

I have always considered the “B” to be a slap in the face to Cincinnati, and was the Brown family trying to lessen potential costs associated with a move to another city.

The Cincinnati Reds have a “C” logo, not “R” for Reds; Green Bay Packers have “GB”, not “P”;  Kansas City Chiefs have “KC”, not “C”;  Denver Broncos have “D”, not “B”; etc. etc.

:liberalmedia:

58 minutes ago, snarkster said:

Just came here to post this article

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/3/13/22322958/why-the-bengals-wont-bring-back-the-leaping-tiger

“The thing with a tiger logo is there’s a lot of schools on the high school, college, professional level that have a tiger logo. And so for us, with the Bengals ‘B’, it’s something that’s unique to us, and when people see it they know it represents the Bengals. We do have a secondary logo that is a tiger head that we use on certain aspects, whether it’s from a graphics standpoint or a merchandise standpoint. So there is still a tiger logo that is out there, but yeah, the Bengals ‘B’ is something that is unique to us and that’s one of the reasons I think it resonates with people.”

The Jacksonville Jaguars have a fierce looking jaguar logo. The Panthers have a sleek panther logo. The Lions have a powerful lion logo. The Bengals...have a striped B...It just doesn't seem very fair, our team is symbolized by arguably the most ferocious cat on the planet.

On 1/18/2021 at 4:15 PM, BENGALS666 said:

Here we go. Numbers are NFL tough and conservative. Stripes are elegant and understated.

-One all black set.

-One all white (w black numbers and stripes).

No shitty combinations of the two. No color rash.

Keep the current helmet, which has always been the best in the NFL.

Play some fuckin football.

Screen Shot 2021-01-18 at 3.11.21 PM.png

Still like this concept the best..

To each his own...

Archived