Jersey Change?

All in all they didn't fuck it up. All three jerseys are an improvement over their older counterparts.
Orange not necessary, but they sell so - we have them.

The pants are improved slightly (white notch on the stripes is gone and that Broncos-style swoosh shit is no longer swinging around the front). Disappointed slightly they didn't bring the jersey stripes to the pants and opted to pretty much stay with the old look.. Thank God they didnt add orange pants. No f'n way..

Most baffling is the third set of pants, white with inverted orange and white stripes.. B A R F

Anyway, this set should put Cincy mid-pack of NFL uni-rankings, which is much better than being at the bottom with The Falcons and the old Bucs/Hags messes. 

One thing that I'm noticing now is that some of the jersey/pant combinations look mismatched. Like the one below...if the background of the striped panel was orange, it would look a lot better (in my opinion) but instead they opted for just black and white? To me its like we're viewing in color on only half the jersey

(after some microsoft paint action...)
image.png.662e043b6b3927b7f2928030e6b39ea0.png

So the leak turns out to be fake news.

I was kind of meh on the whole thing but

these puppies have the High School Harry Seal of Approval™.

I really like the Paul Brown signature Jamie referred to.

And true to my personal form, I like most of the things others on here have stated not liking.

ie the pants.  I like the simplicity.  Like the idea of orange jerseys at home... orange on a green field = good target.

The only downer is too bad no white with black stripe helmets.

1 minute ago, High School Harry said:

And true to my personal form, I like most of the things others on here have stated not liking.

ie the pants.  I like the simplicity.  Like the idea of orange jerseys at home... orange on a green field = good target.

Has the NFL ruled on alternative helmets yet? I know it was supposed to be up for discussion.

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

Great work getting Chad involved. Another job very well done by young Miss Blackburn. 

Agreed - loved his cameo. Can't think of anyone better to play that role.

1 hour ago, Griever said:

One thing that I'm noticing now is that some of the jersey/pant combinations look mismatched. Like the one below...if the background of the striped panel was orange, it would look a lot better (in my opinion) but instead they opted for just black and white? To me its like we're viewing in color on only half the jersey

(after some microsoft paint action...)
image.png.662e043b6b3927b7f2928030e6b39ea0.png

One could argue the mismatch is the orange flash with black stripes. The jerseys now are one color stripe on one-color background (as the black-only on white pants are). I way prefer the black on white pants to the three color version .Either way, the pants are improved - except for that silly new inverted orange/white mess. Hope that shit is only worn once a season..

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

Lol - the leak was 100% accurate.

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

Has the NFL ruled on alternative helmets yet? I know it was supposed to be up for discussion.

I don't think so, unfortunately.  The black with orange stripes is very cool, too.

However, seeing Mike Brown put out the bucks for three or even two sets of

helmets is ... a stretch.

Another change that was brought up l somewhere was the NFL was thinking about letting

wide receivers use single digit numbers.  Tee wanted his college number 5 back.

Would the Bengals let JaMar Chase take number 1 in that case?  I don't think they have

ever assigned that number.

16 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

[Regarding different color helmets] The black with orange stripes is very cool...

However, seeing Mike Brown put out the bucks for three or even two sets of

helmets is ... a stretch.

It currently is not allowed per league rules.

Archived