2021 Coaching Carousel

If the Texans, Eagles or Chargers don’t take Bienemy it will be three straight years he’s being “passed over”. That won’t be a good look for the NFL. So far seven job openings with four apparently filled and zero black head coaches for any of the jobs. Add to that the fact that there were three black interim head coaches at the end of the season none of which got the job with their team or another team. 

21 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

If the Texans, Eagles or Chargers don’t take Bienemy it will be three straight years he’s being “passed over”. That won’t be a good look for the NFL. So far seven job openings with four apparently filled and zero black head coaches for any of the jobs. Add to that the fact that there were three black interim head coaches at the end of the season none of which got the job with their team or another team. 

Maybe he doesnt interview well..

1 hour ago, BengalFanInTO said:

Saleh is Middle Eastern and I think Muslim. 

11 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

None of them are JB..

That’s kind of the point.  Do you take a big risk with the second pick of the draft?  Even Burrow wasn’t a sure thing, and Fields looks way behind Burrow in his development. The Jets need a lot of players.  They would be better served taking a guy who they know can play.  Fields is not that guy. 

10 minutes ago, Numbers said:

I'm very happy with the hiring of Marion Hobby.  Especially like the fact he has some Defensive Coordinator experience while on his second tour of Clemson.  Hoping this hire brings some fire.

I hope it puts a fire under Anamoomoo's ass...

1 hour ago, HavePityPlease said:

I hope it puts a fire under Anamoomoo's ass...

It could provide the spark but what else could provide some fuel is bringing in Wade Phillips as I've been reading.  Germaine Pratt is getting involved too.  Wade wants to come out of retirement and may come aboard as an assistant.  If so, and as a bonus his son Wes could come over too from coaching the Rams Tight Ends.

Wishful thinking.

He was there at Clemson as d-coordinator when Reader was there. 

it is weird that he left Miami - the reporting on it is “it was mutual”. Not sure what went down but his lines were really good there and he looks like a really really solid hire here.

2 hours ago, membengal said:

He was there at Clemson as d-coordinator when Reader was there. 

it is weird that he left Miami - the reporting on it is “it was mutual”. Not sure what went down but his lines were really good there and he looks like a really really solid hire here.

Gotra say i like how their revamping the staff..

Golden is next as soon as a Decent LB coach is available...

Better be the reason anyway!

On 1/15/2021 at 7:29 PM, Sea Ray said:

SF wasn't it you that said that Urban was asking for $12mill/yr? You also opined that he'd likely not go to the Jags. Are you surprised that he did take this job? Any info on what his contract is for?

Not sure what the end result was yet.  He was offered $15 mil a year at Texas and said no.  That didn’t really surprise me.  

The Jets and Houston wanted him and he never even entertained an offer.   I think he might have gone to Houston until the dam broke on the disfunction.  

The money and Lawrence were too much for him is my guess.  Pretty much fuck you money.  He won’t last 5 years.  

22 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Jets have to decide first if Darnold is still their guy. If yes, they can draft around that. If no, they need to look at drafting a QB

They are taking a QB I think.  They gotta feed the fans something.  The cold hard fact is Darnold is one of the worst QBs in the league and hasn’t improved in  3 years.  

This weekend's hiring of Marion Hobby as the Bengals defensive line coach after impressive stints the past four seasons in Jacksonville and Miami turned out to be a pretty straight forward deal.

First, when he reached out to his old Clemson nose tackle D.J. Reader, currently the heart of the Bengals defensive line, and then in his conversations with Bengals president Mike Brown, head coach Zac Taylor and defensive coordinator Lou Anarumo.

"Mr. Brown is straight forward. It's really clear what he's looking for in his coaches and what he expects and that's what any coach would want right there," Hobby said Saturday afternoon. 

For those who thought Katie was running the show...

On 1/15/2021 at 10:05 PM, BengalFanInTO said:

Remember, Marvin Lewis didn't get a HC chance after the Ravens defense led their horrible offense to a Super Bowl title.  He had to go to Washington for a year as DC and only then did the worst franchise imaginable give him a chance. 

Nothing has changed since then. 

3 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

This weekend's hiring of Marion Hobby as the Bengals defensive line coach after impressive stints the past four seasons in Jacksonville and Miami turned out to be a pretty straight forward deal.

First, when he reached out to his old Clemson nose tackle D.J. Reader, currently the heart of the Bengals defensive line, and then in his conversations with Bengals president Mike Brown, head coach Zac Taylor and defensive coordinator Lou Anarumo.

"Mr. Brown is straight forward. It's really clear what he's looking for in his coaches and what he expects and that's what any coach would want right there," Hobby said Saturday afternoon. 

For those who thought Katie was running the show...

Good pickup.  

Archived