Herbie a Bengals Fan

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

He grew up a few blocks from me in Centerville Ohio.  He Hawk, and Nick Mangold all grew there.  Herbstreit is cool, even though he is a Centerville Elk (SF2 spits)

Are they anything like the Loyal Order of Water Buffalos? 

19 hours ago, SF2 said:

He grew up a few blocks from me in Centerville Ohio.  He Hawk, and Nick Mangold all grew there.  Herbstreit is cool, even though he is a Centerville Elk (SF2 spits)

And he HATES it when people say he's from Centerburg, Ohio instead of Centerville.

19 minutes ago, Shebengal said:

Nice! I had an orange Bug very similar to this in high school (minus the stripes and the orange and black wheels.) 

Looks to be a ‘73 or ‘74 Super Beetle. I had a ‘73. The “Supers” had lots of VW-level bells/whistles...like an actual fan for the heat and erstwhile defrost. Loved that car. 

53 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Looks to be a ‘73 or ‘74 Super Beetle. I had a ‘73. The “Supers” had lots of VW-level bells/whistles...like an actual fan for the heat and erstwhile defrost. Loved that car. 

Any Bug made before 72 came with a tool kit, blanket and a 25% off coupon at Joe’s casket and headstone store.  They were absolute garbage.  

The Supers were a significant improvement in almost every aspect, especially the handling, braking and they had actual power. 

23 hours ago, SF2 said:

Any Bug made before 72 came with a tool kit, blanket and a 25% off coupon at Joe’s casket and headstone store.  They were absolute garbage.  

The Supers were a significant improvement in almost every aspect, especially the handling, braking and they had actual power. 

Mine was a '71 and I loved it. My sister had a '74 Super Beetle and her husband never missed work because of snow, even in the hard winters of 76-77 and 77-78. 

3 hours ago, Shebengal said:

Mine was a '71 and I loved it. My sister had a '74 Super Beetle and her husband never missed work because of snow, even in the hard winters of 76-77 and 77-78. 

My friend had a 6volt Bug while stationed in Germany.  I was like, “We are living in a country with no speed limits and you are driving a glorified go-kart?”

14 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

He was born in Wyoming, probably why he's a Bengals fan. 

Uhh, he was born in Centerville, Ohio, 40 miles north of Cincinnati.  He is 5 years younger than me so he grew up during the Bengals glory decade. 

Archived