2021 Mock Draft Simulators

Last year we did a few different mock draft simulators — it’s always fun to see different scenarios in the draft.  I’ve list a few I play around with below:

PFF: https://www.pff.com/draft/nfl-mock-draft-simulator

TDN: https://thedraftnetwork.com/mock-draft-machine

Fanspeak: https://fanspeak.com/ontheclock-nfl-mock-draft-simulator/

PFN: https://www.profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft/

Here’s my first mock draft of the season; I only did 3 rounds b/c I don’t know a lot of these guys yet.  It’s not the best draft, but without trading, I had to reach for the 2nd best tackle prospect in the draft.   Then drafting another tackle in the 2nd may be overkill, but I’m not sure how good Jonah Williams is yet.  He had some good moments, but he had some bad reps as well.  He’s a young player, I’m not sure if he’d have any value at guard.

83B1022A-AA2E-42D9-A0F9-FC3D653CBE5E.jpeg

2 hours ago, WRAPradio said:

Here’s my first mock draft of the season; I only did 3 rounds b/c I don’t know a lot of these guys yet.  It’s not the best draft, but without trading, I had to reach for the 2nd best tackle prospect in the draft.   Then drafting another tackle in the 2nd may be overkill, but I’m not sure how good Jonah Williams is yet.  He had some good moments, but he had some bad reps as well.  He’s a young player, I’m not sure if he’d have any value at guard.

83B1022A-AA2E-42D9-A0F9-FC3D653CBE5E.jpeg

Sewell is the only OL I'm taking at 5.  Chase in 1 and I like it a LOT.

3 hours ago, WRAPradio said:

I've been playing with this site, I think it's the best one.  You can trade that pick if Sewell's gone, I've done so and reaped a king's ransom from Denver:

Edit:  Sorry you can't see it, I took their 1,2,3 this year and 1,2 next year.

BigBroncosTrade.thumb.png.4f5ef89d0f8c3e08db36d448eba92c67.png

2 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Our scouting staff need a draft stimulator, not a simulator. They need to nail several drafts in a row. 

Well they can only do one a year unfortunately & they've dug too big a hole with the previous bad ones to rely solely on the draft at this point.  They've got to make an effort in FA to get the roster back in the realm of average.  Drafting for need will guarantee more of the same.

I’ve run like 200 mocks so far between TDN and PFF and at an early juncture if Sewell and Chase are gone am trading down every chance I get. If they go T at five if Sewell is gone, they will be badly reaching.

hell, there’s apparently questions about whether Slater will be better at G in the pros...

9 minutes ago, membengal said:

I’ve run like 200 mocks so far between TDN and PFF and at an early juncture if Sewell and Chase are gone am trading down every chance I get. If they go T at five if Sewell is gone, they will be badly reaching.

hell, there’s apparently questions about whether Slater will be better at G in the pros...

Vera Tucker,  Slater look to move to guard..

Alex Leatherwood looks slow and awkward...

Plenty of guards in round 2...

If all else fails the team shold draft Micah Parsons with the 5th pick..

He has the total package as a backer..

Sideline to sideline good in coverage and can pass rush...

52 minutes ago, membengal said:

A heads up, vera-tucker and leatherwood are both being projected inside in the NFL - so if you are doing mocks and you are taking them, may want to mentally be doing so with idea of them being guards in the pros.

I agree...I dont like 6'6 guards..

They lose leverage as the game goes on as they tire some..

The only guard that tall i would draft is Tre Smith ..hes just a brutal nasty player...

Id rather sign Tunney to solidify the interior..

When i do a mock, I am not trying to approximate the bengals front office. But I am absolutely certain that if Sewell and chase are gone, the bengals should trade back, even if that’s out of their first round comfort zone. They do actually trade back in round 2 quite a bit.

9 minutes ago, membengal said:

When i do a mock, I am not trying to approximate the bengals front office. But I am absolutely certain that if Sewell and chase are gone, the bengals should trade back, even if that’s out of their first round comfort zone. They do actually trade back in round 2 quite a bit.

Parsons is not at a priority position to be drafted at 5 if all else fails? 

It’s not just me - PFF and a lot of much smarter football observers than me , given relative positional value, would tell you that unless this is the second coming of Lawrence Taylor - that picking LB that high is a bad idea. You may disagree, but that’s the current drift of the sharps.

22 minutes ago, membengal said:

It’s not just me - PFF and a lot of much smarter football observers than me , given relative positional value, would tell you that unless this is the second coming of Lawrence Taylor - that picking LB that high is a bad idea. You may disagree, but that’s the current drift of the sharps.

I believe what you say..

I look at Parsons as the middle of the front 7..

And our front 7 isnt scaring any team..

3 hours ago, membengal said:

This. 

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

Parsons is not at a priority position to be drafted at 5 if all else fails? 

Not saying we don’t need a LB, but to me we have too many other needs and a LB at 5 is a luxury pick, unless he’s the second coming of LT and we go full time 3-4. Not sure if Parsons is that kind of guy or not. 

34 minutes ago, membengal said:

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

Not saying we don’t need a LB, but to me we have too many other needs and a LB at 5 is a luxury pick, unless he’s the second coming of LT and we go full time 3-4. Not sure if Parsons is that kind of guy or not. 

Great minds think alike. 

Archived