2021 Mock Draft Simulators

we take Sewell if hes there..

I read alot of posts that tell me linebacker is not a high priority for this team..

I watched the Tampa Bay game and i watched their backers disrupt the NO offense alot..

Lavonte David and Devon Bush were at ahigh level..

If we drafted him at 5 i wouldn't complain Even though we need oline

Dline and corners possibly..

That incident with the fight over water splashing was 2 yrs ago..

Hes going to be a force eventually for some team..

Not like we dont need to upgrade there..

i believe theyll pass on him though..

Any pick at #5 that is not offensive line or defensive line is the wrong pick. If the value isn't there at one of these two areas, trading back is the only thing that makes sense. The only way around this is them addressing these area in free agency. If that happens you can start talking Parsons and Pitts and Chase. Until then, any of these picks would not be good.

5 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

Any pick at #5 that is not offensive line or defensive line is the wrong pick. If the value isn't there at one of these two areas, trading back is the only thing that makes sense. The only way around this is them addressing these area in free agency. If that happens you can start talking Parsons and Pitts and Chase. Until then, any of these picks would not be good.

I can ser that happening...

The only Dline tackle worth taking in first round is Barrimore and 5 is too high imo..

I believe OT Darrishaw is going to be a good player  but again 5 seems too 

Even though we desperately need to address both sides we cant reach..

Trading is an option i agree...

20 minutes ago, BengalFanInTO said:

That might be a bit simplistic. If Sewell is not there, no DL is worthy and you can't trade down you have to pick the BPA on your board. 

37 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

That might be a bit simplistic. If Sewell is not there, no DL is worthy and you can't trade down you have to pick the BPA on your board. 

Yes but the could trade for a team wanting a QB ..

Question is how much do we get in return...

6 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Dropping to #5 is not that big of a reach given the high level of QB's in the draft as well as WR's. Jonah dropped to us and most thought that not possible. I would say the chances of Sewell dropping to us at 5 are better that us trading up to get him. Keep in mind he did not play this season and I think that may move him down a slot or a few slots on some boards - same for Parsons and Chase. 

Im with you..

In this pass happy league teams are looking for offensive Playmakers..

QBs and Wideouts are going to go quickly...

We just may have a chance at Sewell.

Fingers crossed!!

3 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

I don't quite understand this way of thinking (not you peeps, just the whole BPA).

Let's say we sign Thuney and that eats up all the money Mikey allocated for the oline. We will still need a RT to protect the franchise. On draft day Sewell is gone by #5 and no one wants to trade up for the pick.  Parsons, Chase, Smith, and Pitts are all available as is every olineman not named Sewell. For the sake of argument we will say Slater is the 2nd best olineman coming out and is head and shoulders above anyone we could get in round 2, however he is rated as a mid first rounder at best. Other olinemen are going to be picked in round one so the best you can hope for is the fourth or fifth best by the time we are on the clock again. BPA says you pass on olineman and take one of the fab four above (I might not be too angry with the Parsons pick but I'd still be pretty hot) but I think that's insane. I'd run to the podium with Slater's card and screw the haters. Burrow will thank me.

Just my two cents

10 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Are there any good RTs in FA?  I mean we have gone Oline first round 3 of the last 6 years.  Looking at $7.5 mil a year for Sewell.  

I have this feeling with oline FA being Williams Moten its slim pickens..

Alajuandro Villanueva is 4th best...yeah

Unless we move Williams to the right side and have hope an OLT can plug and play the re-signing once again of Bobby Hart is possible..

Damn we need oline help..

3 hours ago, gupps said:

I don't quite understand this way of thinking (not you peeps, just the whole BPA).

Let's say we sign Thuney and that eats up all the money Mikey allocated for the oline. We will still need a RT to protect the franchise. On draft day Sewell is gone by #5 and no one wants to trade up for the pick.  Parsons, Chase, Smith, and Pitts are all available as is every olineman not named Sewell. For the sake of argument we will say Slater is the 2nd best olineman coming out and is head and shoulders above anyone we could get in round 2, however he is rated as a mid first rounder at best. Other olinemen are going to be picked in round one so the best you can hope for is the fourth or fifth best by the time we are on the clock again. BPA says you pass on olineman and take one of the fab four above (I might not be too angry with the Parsons pick but I'd still be pretty hot) but I think that's insane. I'd run to the podium with Slater's card and screw the haters. Burrow will thank me.

Just my two cents

That would be 'reaching' and if you look that up in the NFL dictionary it has a picture of John Ross. The theory of BPA is you add the most strength to your team regardless of position. If there are several players ranked close, then you pick based on need. 

9 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

That would be 'reaching' and if you look that up in the NFL dictionary it has a picture of John Ross. The theory of BPA is you add the most strength to your team regardless of position. If there are several players ranked close, then you pick based on need. 

In no universe is John Ross the best player. 

11 hours ago, bentheprop said:

Just left them where they start at

Then throw out the anomoly and run another. But I would up the slider on "draft for needs" and "care for positional value" and you won't get something quite as crazy. You can also lower randomness slider as well. 

1 hour ago, membengal said:

Then throw out the anomoly and run another. But I would up the slider on "draft for needs" and "care for positional value" and you won't get something quite as crazy. You can also lower randomness slider as well. 

Just lowering the randomness slider a bit seems to have fixed it.

I did a quick 3 round draft on Fanspeak,  

1st. - OT Penei Sewell - Oregon

2nd. - LB Zavon Collins - Tulsa

3rd. - WR Terrace Marshall Jr. - LSU

Did some quick research on Terrace Marshall Jr.  turns out his Uncle

is Joe Delaney.  He's the former NFL player that drowned in 1983 trying to rescue 3 kids that were drowning in a pond.  He wore #37 

for the Chiefs and no one has worn that number since.  He played

2 seasons and was AFC Rookie of the Year 1981.  His first start, (against Oakland), he had 106 yards rushing and 104 yards receiving.

He was only 24 years old.  

FINALLY a trade down scenario I could live with! Moved back 5 spots with the Niners so they could come up and get Patrick Surtain, got their first 4 picks in return...

12. Jaylen Waddle WR, Alabama

37. Alex Leatherwood OT, Alabama

44. Tommy Togiai IDL, Ohio State

69. Daniel Faalele OT, Minnesota

102. Joe Tyron EDGE, Washington

109. Alim McNeill IDL, NC State

116. Hunter Long TE, Boston College

148. James Wiggins S, Cincinnati

10 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Correct. Which is why he was a 'reach' and why teams should not do that. 

Drafting someone at a position the team DESPERATELY needs a couple of spot early is not a reach IMHO. Heck, if what i read about what Lapham said is true you may want to draft OL in the 2nd round also.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/1/19/22236535/nfl-free-agents-2021-dave-lapham-bengals-news

50 minutes ago, spicoli said:

FINALLY a trade down scenario I could live with! Moved back 5 spots with the Niners so they could come up and get Patrick Surtain, got their first 4 picks in return...

12. Jaylen Waddle WR, Alabama

37. Alex Leatherwood OT, Alabama

44. Tommy Togiai IDL, Ohio State

69. Daniel Faalele OT, Minnesota

102. Joe Tyron EDGE, Washington

109. Alim McNeill IDL, NC State

116. Hunter Long TE, Boston College

148. James Wiggins S, Cincinnati

I like it.

3 hours ago, gupps said:

Drafting someone at a position the team DESPERATELY needs a couple of spot early is not a reach IMHO. Heck, if what i read about what Lapham said is true you may want to draft OL in the 2nd round also.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/1/19/22236535/nfl-free-agents-2021-dave-lapham-bengals-news

It is still reach if you are picking at number 5 and the prospect is number 10 on your board. At the top of the draft board the discrepancy between players can be high 

34 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

It is still reach if you are picking at number 5 and the prospect is number 10 on your board. At the top of the draft board the discrepancy between players can be high 

I agree but we dont know their draft board..

Hell they may see Barrimore and Darrishaw as worthy..

I would...

They can trade back and get one of them and have 2 very low 2nd round pucks..

Im off the Parsons wagon as its been pointed out its not a priority..

Plenty of wide receivers we're not that familiar with that could help later in 3 or 4...

Oline and Dline have to be addressed early to get high prospects there..

Forget FA unless its our own ..

We have Bates Lawson Jackson Phillips and lower tier players yet to sign...

3 hours ago, spicoli said:

Honestly I'm starting to wonder if trading down isn't the way to go even if Sewell is still on the board. Just so many holes.

Id run to the podium to get Sewell at 5..(it may happen) ..

They may be real high on Chase as well. (Im not.. too many good receivers in the draft later on)..

Outside of Sewell id trade back anywhere from 7 to 10 to get Darrishaw or Barrimore and have 2 low second rounders ...

Why not?

Archived