2021 Mock Draft Simulators

5 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Saw today that because of COVID the Senior Bowl has limited each team to 10 people there scouting. So I thought, well, now each team has to scout like the Bengals normally do. 

Can the Bengals even come up with 10?

:ninja:

Man I just got done re-watching every Buckeyes game and I'm gonna tell ya that no matter what happens in this draft, I really REALLY want to find a way to get Justin Hilliard on this team. Finally healthy and showing what he's capable of after being a 5 star recruit out of St X, this kid is instinctive and explosive with a high football IQ. Priority FA if it comes to it, just get him in the bldg. Local kid, no excuses. 

17 hours ago, spicoli said:

Man I just got done re-watching every Buckeyes game and I'm gonna tell ya that no matter what happens in this draft, I really REALLY want to find a way to get Justin Hilliard on this team. Finally healthy and showing what he's capable of after being a 5 star recruit out of St X, this kid is instinctive and explosive with a high football IQ. Priority FA if it comes to it, just get him in the bldg. Local kid, no excuses. 

Theyll take a look at him as most teans do with Buckeye players ..

I saw were he has an early prediction of round 6 or possibly FA..

Injuries maybe??

Was reading about an OT outta Northern Iowa named

Spencer Brown..

6'8 320lbs..34.25"  length..10.25" paws..Moves fluidly for a big man..

Strong base...nasty deamenor.

Freakish athlete for his size..

Knock would be playing at small school..

4th or 5th round projection with big potential..

His play at the senior bowl will be huge for this kid...

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

Hilliard had a great last few games in his 6 year college career but is generally regarded as a recruiting bust as he was ranked at the top LB in the country coming out of high school but never became a college starter. 

because he was never healthy..

2 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Well then thats a huge issue..

He’s healthy now though and he’s a really talented kid.  All we're talking about here is a rookie FA signing lol, he won't get drafted I don't think. 

4 hours ago, spicoli said:

He definately is a mismatch for backers or corners..

Hes going to be special for someone..

He and JB would be a great duo..

JB has twice stated he'd love to have Chase to add to the receiving unit so thats a big factor in the 

who they might draft...(aside from Sewell) ..

We need to draft this guy just for his nickname lol. Reminded me of the now non-PC nickname for Charles "Boobie" Clark

Carlos "Boogie" Basham, DE, Wake Forest. Basham made himself some money this week by showing his inside/outside versatility. Some defensive linemen just have a knack for getting into the backfield no matter where they line up, and Boogie is one of those players. His quickness was a problem for guards when he rushed from the inside, and he's going to be a good edge setter against the run. I'd like to see him play as a 4-3 DE in a base defense at the next level and then kick inside in sub packages. There was no top-tier defensive end in this year's Senior Bowl, but Basham really stood out from the rest of the group.

On 1/27/2021 at 6:56 PM, esjbh2 said:

Can the Bengals even come up with 10?

:ninja:

Sure, it's a big family.  They'll send the Director of Strategy and Engagement which is totally a thing and definitely not some BS they made up in order to hire yet another relative.

My guy Justin Hilliard might have played his way into a day 3 pick down in Mobile this week...he had really nice week of practice and now he's flying around all over the place in the game. I'd definitely be okay using a 5th or 6th round pick on that kind of upside. IF he's gotten past the injury bug, sky's the limit. 

This is a pretty funny comment from Jay Gruden, speaking about the idiot Dan Synder:

Kyle Smith became Atlanta’s vice president of player personnel yesterday after previously having that title in Washington, where he spent the last 11 years. Washington’s player personnel hasn’t been great over the last 11 years, but former head coach Jay Gruden said that wasn’t Smith’s fault — and then said it was Dan Snyder’s fault.

Gruden told Nicki Jhabvala of the Washington Post that Smith did an excellent job working with the scouting and coaching staffs and putting Washington in good shape to have a good draft. The only problem came when, according to Gruden, Snyder would disregard that hard work and pick whoever he wanted.

“Every year that I was there, we had a pretty good draft class, with a couple exceptions,” Gruden said. “[Smith] was really good about listening to the coaches because the coaches also did evaluations. . . . When it came our time to pick, we’d always talk about the picks, where we’d like to go, what happens if [the player] is gone, and did all our scenarios. And then [owner Daniel Snyder] would come in off his yacht and make the pick.”

On 1/30/2021 at 1:37 PM, I_C_Deadpeople said:

We need to draft this guy just for his nickname lol. Reminded me of the now non-PC nickname for Charles "Boobie" Clark

Carlos "Boogie" Basham, DE, Wake Forest. Basham made himself some money this week by showing his inside/outside versatility. Some defensive linemen just have a knack for getting into the backfield no matter where they line up, and Boogie is one of those players. His quickness was a problem for guards when he rushed from the inside, and he's going to be a good edge setter against the run. I'd like to see him play as a 4-3 DE in a base defense at the next level and then kick inside in sub packages. There was no top-tier defensive end in this year's Senior Bowl, but Basham really stood out from the rest of the group.

What round? 2nd?..

If we sign a quality OT (doubt it)

or draft a high prospect at 5 then maybe go for a DE rusher..

If not theyll draft an olineman in round 2... 

Archived