2021 Mock Draft Simulators

40 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

If we actually address the OL in FA, I can see the old tree sloth using his veto to select a WR at #5

Honestly that's how it should work anyhow. There are 4 game changing pass catchers in this draft and they should absolutely put themselves in a position to grab one of them. You do that buy addressing your needs in FA. 

2 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

I am really confused about the need for a 3rd stud pass catcher? Do teams have 3 pass catchers that are this good? Boyd and Hopkins put us pretty high already. 

Neither of those guys are a true #1 elite receiver like an AJ Green. Both would benefit from a healthy #1 receiver on board.

I am really confused about the need for a 3rd stud pass catcher? Do teams have 3 pass catchers that are this good? Boyd and Hopkins put us pretty high already. 

Why? When the last time this Offense was that good, we had 3 stud WRs in Chad, TJ, and Henry.

8 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Why? When the last time this Offense was that good, we had 3 stud WRs in Chad, TJ, and Henry.

True.

And it just so happens the top guys in the draft this year are QB's and WR's. If there was a stud DE or DT we would look that way as well. I am still hoping for a trade down if we dont 'need' Sewell - given our light scouting dept more picks would be better. 

3 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

Boyd and Higgins are good but they're not game changers like AJ Green was. That dynamic is going to need to be replaced in order for Boyd and Higgins to really thrive, IMO. 

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

I don't think 2 QBs has ever been in doubt, except which 2 go first.  I still think 3 go in the top 5.

it's always in doubt until it isn't. Kiper has been out there calling this the weakest QB class in half a decade and that Daniel Jones would be easily #2 QB in this class. To the extent multiple teams have Wilson that high, that is good and I am glad for the confirmation. 

1 hour ago, MichaelWeston said:

This isnt how NFL offenses are shaped. And that's not the last time the offense was good. 

I really don't think there is any "shape" to any specific team that carries throughout the league, each team wins based of different strengths. I'll let you look up the stats, but were any of the Dalton led teams ranked above any of the Palmer led teams in total offense or passing offense?

1 hour ago, MichaelWeston said:

This isnt how NFL offenses are shaped. And that's not the last time the offense was good. 

Of course you want your QB to have 3 options or more..

It seems an option in vogue now is TE...

1. Speedy wideout (thats good!).

2. Slot

3. TE

4..2nd Wideout

Thats alot if options without counting the RB...

I think Higgins very well could be. 

He's just not on the same level as Chase/Waddle/Pitts/Smith.

I know everyone wants to fix the OL but I don't understand why we can't have both?  

Fix the OL before the draft and then get Burrow a huge weapon in the passing game....why does it have to be one or the other?

Likely any OL you pick at 5 is going to be lower rated than whatever WR is available when you get on the clock, and there's not a pass rusher even in the conversation with those WR's/Pitts...so why would you pick a lesser player? 

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

He's just not on the same level as Chase/Waddle/Pitts/Smith.

I know everyone wants to fix the OL but I don't understand why we can't have both?  

Fix the OL before the draft and then get Burrow a huge weapon in the passing game....why does it have to be one or the other?

Likely any OL you pick at 5 is going to be lower rated than whatever WR is available when you get on the clock, and there's not a pass rusher even in the conversation with those WR's/Pitts...so why would you pick a lesser player? 

This. We can do both. Easily. 

1 hour ago, membengal said:

This. We can do both. Easily. 

We can't add 4 lineman and a stud pass catcher. 

The difference in impact a first round OL vs a first round pass catcher makes for this team is monumental. It would be like buying a spoiler for your car when you don't have tires. 

14 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

The difference in impact a first round OL vs a first round pass catcher makes for this team is monumental. It would be like buying a spoiler for your car when you don't have tires. 

Offensive line allways comes first..

Pass rushing Dlinemen are next..

Isnt hard to understand..

29 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

Good grief. No one rational thinks they are gonna add four offensive linemen. 

But they can add two in FA and another in round 2 or 3 and still draft chase or pitts or waddle if Sewell is gone.

5 minutes ago, membengal said:

Good grief. No one rational thinks they are gonna add four offensive linemen. 

But they can add two in FA and another in round 2 or 3 and still draft chase or pitts or waddle if Sewell is gone.

100% this ^^

Archived