2021 Mock Draft Simulators

2 hours ago, membengal said:

TARGETED. They TARGETED AJ 100+ times. Those TARGETS need to be replaced. Stop being an ass. You changed targeted to completed. Just, fuck off with this. 

Targeted doesn't matter. 

I don't know how to logically explain to you how football works but if a targeted pass is completed there are often less targets because you have already gained the amount of yards you need to gain. If AJ Green didn't complete a pass then the next play a completion could have gone to Tee Higgins for the 18 yards that AJ Green missed. There are finite yards to gain and completions to be made. 100 targets is meaningless. Now there could be more targets because a first down opened up the play for more but that's just as messy. 

1 hour ago, MichaelWeston said:

Targeted doesn't matter. 

I don't know how to logically explain to you how football works but if a targeted pass is completed there are often less targets because you have already gained the amount of yards you need to gain. If AJ Green didn't complete a pass then the next play a completion could have gone to Tee Higgins for the 18 yards that AJ Green missed. There are finite yards to gain and completions to be made. 100 targets is meaningless. Now there could be more targets because a first down opened up the play for more but that's just as messy. 

Another factor is - if we want to run the ball more than the need for another top tier WR dimishes

4 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

Its easy to fix almost everything this year

1-OL-Thuney-Sewell/Darrisaw-Another FA

2-WR-Vet cheap guy as 3rd WR and draft a 4th rounder who can run

3-DT-Keep Geno at a reduced rate or another DT who can create pressure and then draft a 2/3rd rounder

4-Sign Lawson and a Veteran DE Pass rusher (Always one available surprisingly) and draft one in the 2/3rd round.

5-Sign a nickel corner....they are usually cheaper

That team can compete. Even without WJ who I would love to have back. 

I'll do you one better where we still get Chase.

1. OL - Thuney, Alex Leatherwood in the 2nd round to play RT. Resign Quinton Spain

2. WR - Jamar Chase with the 1st pick

3. You can get good DT's as late as the 4th round. Both Geno and Peko were 4th rounders. I agree keep Geno, draft a 4th round DT.

4. Keep Lawson at a fair price, resign Margus, draft a 3rd round DE 

5. Keep WJ3 and if we can keep both keep Mackensie Alexander as well

All I am saying here is it would be foolish to lock yourself into any position if there is better talent at other positions

4 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

You don't take the best talent when you are already pretty solid at a position. Drafting a first round corner makes far more sense than drafting a first round WR. 

Not if your draft grade for the corners is way lower than your draft grade for the WR

9 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

Are we going to trade Tyler Boyd then? Just let him catch less passes? 

Plenty of targets to go around.  There's no downside to having 3 Frontline receivers - especially if one turnsxan ankle in game one.  Any real speculation on draft strategy is moot until we see how they fare in early FA.  It's easy to say Sewell or bust until they sign a starting OL in FA, then Sewell is not such a priority (especially considering the solid OLs likely to be there in rounds 2 or 3.

3 hours ago, snarkster said:

Plenty of targets to go around.  There's no downside to having 3 Frontline receivers - especially if one turnsxan ankle in game one.  Any real speculation on draft strategy is moot until we see how they fare in early FA.  It's easy to say Sewell or bust until they sign a starting OL in FA, then Sewell is not such a priority (especially considering the solid Pls likely to be there in rounds 2 or 3.

There is downside. You gave up a first round OL for it. 

8 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

There is downside. You gave up a first round OL for it. 

If we didn't have Williams who played did a decent enough job in his actual first year playing LT, I'd think taking the best T that would be left if Sewell was off the board, would have to happen. But we have him, and you can get good RTs in the 2nd. LT is a premium because they protect the blind side, good RT's are found in the 2nd all the time. Hell if you really want to go there, Whitworth was a 2nd round pick.

16 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Not if your draft grade for the corners is way lower than your draft grade for the WR

Which leads to the Catch 22 of a teams draft board put together by a sub-par scouting staff. 

Draft BPA and BPA is determined by the shitty scouting. Maybe the Bengals should go full George Costanza and 'do the opposite'

19 minutes ago, spicoli said:

It's not very hard to determine BPA when you're picking in the top 5.

If Sewell and Chase are gone is Pitts the BPA for the Bengals??

If they cannot sign a good tackle who is the BPA then?? Still Pitts?

I know Christian Darrishaw is a first round talent...

I like this kid...just a solid tackle..

Just a thought if it came to that which hopefully it wont..

Pitts or Smith if Chase is gone. 

I guess Sewell and Waddle as well but I'm not nearly as high on them as everyone else seems to be.

I like Darrisaw in a trade down scenario but would rather have Slater.

They're not taking a LB in the top 5. Guaranteed.

Very weak DE draft.

CB is doubtful....one talent evaluator who I really trust has Patrick Surtain outside the top 20.

19 minutes ago, spicoli said:

I guess Sewell and Waddle as well but I'm not nearly as high on them as everyone else seems to be.

Very weak DE draft.

CB is doubtful....one talent evaluator who I really trust has Patrick Surtain outside the top 20.

What is it with Sewell you dont care for?

Agree about Surtain..hes slow.Farley is going to be better imo..

Greg Rousseau is a freak like Pitts...he could be a good edge rusher...

No linebackers i agreee...

When I watch Sewell the tape doesn’t match the crazy hype, IMO. Plus he wasn’t exactly going up against a murderers row of edge rushers playing in the Pac12. And now on top of it he hasn’t played in a year. I don’t know, I just think the bust factor is extremely high with the kid. I like the pedigree of Slater and Darrisaw much much better. 

16 minutes ago, spicoli said:

When I watch Sewell the tape doesn’t match the crazy hype, IMO. Plus he wasn’t exactly going up against a murderers row of edge rushers playing in the Pac12. And now on top of it he hasn’t played in a year. I don’t know, I just think the bust factor is extremely high with the kid. I like the pedigree of Slater and Darrisaw much much better. 

Id go Sewell then Chase then Darrishaw.. 

Other alternatives would be Pitts or Rousseau..

All these kids have huge upsides to help the team....

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

Very weak DE draft.

You want Chase over Sewell?

11 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

Sewell

Trade Down

Slater

Darrisaw

Chase

Smith

Waddle

Pitts

Vera-Tucker

Rosseau

Paye

Miami could take Sewell at 3 then get a wideout say Kadarius Toney later in the first..

They just may be in love with Chase or Smith to pass on them though..

Thats my only snag with drafting 5th...

It's likely that Watson will force his way out of Houston and Miami has a lot of ammo to offer in trade. I bet Miami would trade Tua + their 2 first and 2nd round picks this year for Watson and think Houston would take that as opposed to waiting for future year picks. 

With Tunsil on hand, the Texans probably take a WR. Miami could well do that anyway. 

IMO it's a better than 50% chance Sewell is on the board at 5. Unless the Bengals sign a top OT (ie Trent Williams, Taylor Moten, maybe Daryl Williams or Russell Okung) in FA, we should take Sewell. 

If he's off the board, at least 1 of the top 4 QBs will be available. Let's hope they all have great pro days.

That would set us up to trade down with a team needing a QB. Philly might give us their 3rd just to prevent someone else from grabbing the QB if they like him a lot. Otherwise we should gain an extra 2nd for moving down in the top 10 and additional considerations if we have to go down to 12 for San Fran. Detroit probably won't take a QB at 7 but the teams at 6, 8, 9, and 12 are all looking hard.

If we dropped all the way to 12, that means 11 players taken before we have a pick. They would likely include 4 QBs, 3 WR, 1OT, 1 TE, 2 CB. Maybe Slater or Parsons are in there. But we'd still get a top prospect. If we move down less, then our options are even better. 

Archived