2021 Mock Draft Simulators

13 hours ago, spicoli said:

They are absolutely not moving on from him....which, effectively makes all of that moot. It makes no difference whatsoever what any of us think about him, he's a guaranteed starter. 

He's pretty much the opposite of a guaranteed starter. He's only been available for less than half his games on the roster. If your point is the team will put him in the lineup if he's healthy, then sure. But expecting 16 starts from Jonah involves a lot of hoping and wishing.

12 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Why would Philly take a QB? They just drafted Jalen Hurts last year. I'd think they would be happy to get QBs off the board so they have a better chance at a player they want.

Because they drafted Hurts as a backup to Wentz, ie as the Foles replacement. Now that Wentz is gone, they realize that Hurts might start ahead of a rookie but he's not a long term solution so if they get a shot at a top QB in 2021, they make take it. Next year's class isn't very impressive.

2 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Because they drafted Hurts as a backup to Wentz, ie as the Foles replacement. Now that Wentz is gone, they realize that Hurts might start ahead of a rookie but he's not a long term solution so if they get a shot at a top QB in 2021, they make take it. Next year's class isn't very impressive.

And the Eagles are generally very aggressive when it comes to QBs

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

Why does Waddle remind you of Ross???

What's the comparison outside of speed?

Small player that plays small. I like small players that play bigger than their size. I'd actually rather have Rondale Moore than Waddle. Not at 5 obviously.

3 hours ago, sparky151 said:

He's pretty much the opposite of a guaranteed starter. He's only been available for less than half his games on the roster. If your point is the team will put him in the lineup if he's healthy, then sure. But expecting 16 starts from Jonah involves a lot of hoping and wishing.

Hoping and wishing are what this FO does instead of planning and building. 

Then they call it bad luck.

38 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

I expect them to build both lines up to respectability...

They allways cover their base with skilled players including corners..

They paid big bucks for Reader

now get a 3 tech rusher next to him..Acquire another DE as well..

How hard is that ti figure out..

Lines win games...

I expect a greatly improved O-line. Have some doubts about the D-line. 

On the offensive side, we had 1 of the bottom 3 lines in the league. We had one of the worst O-line coaches trying to make chicken salad with Michael Jordan, Alex Redmond, and Bobby Hart starting and Jonah Williams missing a good bit of the season. I don't expect Pollack to be a miracle worker but he's at least an average NFL coach and will be given some resources to work with. Re-signing Spain, adding Thuney and drafting Sewell would go a long way to giving us a better than average line instead of bottom 3. 

On the defensive side, we were weak vs the run even when Reader was playing and lacked pass rush, especially from the tackles. We may well lose Lawson who was our only pass rusher that was even average for his position. Hubbard and Reader will be starting but the other 2 players are unknown at this point. 

28 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

I expect a greatly improved O-line. Have some doubts about the D-line. 

On the offensive side, we had 1 of the bottom 3 lines in the league. We had one of the worst O-line coaches trying to make chicken salad with Michael Jordan, Alex Redmond, and Bobby Hart starting and Jonah Williams missing a good bit of the season. I don't expect Pollack to be a miracle worker but he's at least an average NFL coach and will be given some resources to work with. Re-signing Spain, adding Thuney and drafting Sewell would go a long way to giving us a better than average line instead of bottom 3. 

On the defensive side, we were weak vs the run even when Reader was playing and lacked pass rush, especially from the tackles. We may well lose Lawson who was our only pass rusher that was even average for his position. Hubbard and Reader will be starting but the other 2 players are unknown at this point. 

Without addressing the Dline theyll still be a cellar team..

If they dont sign Lawson to a big contract they could grab Justin Houston as reported and save more cap space for the Oline....

I didn't expect them to fix the line by loading up on free agents. However, I think that Thuney is a real possibility because he is a local guy and we should be willing to outpay everyone else. Havenstein can solidify the RT spot and he is on the Rams so I wouldn't be surprised if they wouldn't be more willing to trade with us because of the Taylor connection, as long as we offer a 4-5th. His salary is in the Bobby Hart range. That's more than doable. 6.725 2021, 7,250 2022. He is giant but he has played guard...(not sure if well)....https://www.therams.com/video/ota-one-on-one-with-rob-havenstein-18884514

9 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Without addressing the Dline theyll still be a cellar team..

If they dont sign Lawson to a big contract they could grab Justin Houston as reported and save more cap space for the Oline....

Lawson to me needs to be franchised. He is eventually going to be a top pass rusher in the league. 

Just now, MichaelWeston said:

Lawson to me needs to be franchised. He is eventually going to be a top pass rusher in the league. 

Then sign him to a long-term deal.  

Franchise tag is a short-term “solution”.

Unless things have changed, a second year of being franchised comes with AT LEAST a twenty percent increase in pay.  A third year of being franchised is at the average pay of the top five contracts in the league, REGARDLESS OF POSITION, but must be at least another twenty percent increase.

:liberalmedia:

Just now, Cricket said:

Then sign him to a long-term deal.  

Franchise tag is a short-term “solution”.

Unless things have changed, a second year of being franchised comes with AT LEAST a twenty percent increase in pay.  A third year of being franchised is at the average pay of the top five contracts in the league, REGARDLESS OF POSITION, but must be at least another twenty percent increase.

:liberalmedia:

Completely agree, my only point is that you can't let that guy leave. 

Franchise tag would cost about 16 mil for Lawson. He's probably worth about 14 mil per year on a long term deal so they may gamble they can sign him on the open market instead of a tag. If he leaves, I don't expect a big ticket D-line signing. More likely they'll use pick 38 on a pass rusher. It's a fairly weak group this year but probably one of Phillips, Basham, Oweh, or Ojulari will still be on the board. 

If we trade down in round 1, then Rousseau might be a target, depending on who else is on the board.

10 hours ago, sparky151 said:

I would suggest that nobody drafts a back up QB  in the 1st round, when you draft a 1st Round QB you draft him to play, even if it is right away for down the line depending on your current starter (See: Aaron Rodgers waiting a few years before Bret Farvre left)

Pff simulator - I did no trades, played it straight, came out with this. I would imagine even Weston would be okay with this:

1st round 5th overall --- Ja'Marr Chase, WR LSU
2nd round 37th overall -- Alijah Vera-Tucker, IOL/OT, USC
3rd round 69th overall -- Daviyon Nixon, IDL, Iowa
4th round 110th overall -- Quinn Meinerz, IOL, Wisc Whitewater
5th round 150th overall --- Jaylen Twyman, Edge/IDL, Pitt
6th round 191st overall --- Charles Snowden Edge/OLB, Virginia
7th round 231st overall --- Tony Fields II, LB, West Virginia
7th round 233rd overall --- JaCoby Stevens, S, LSU

2 minutes ago, membengal said:

Pff simulator - I did no trades, played it straight, came out with this. I would imagine even Weston would be okay with this:

1st round 5th overall --- Ja'Marr Chase, WR LSU
2nd round 37th overall -- Alijah Vera-Tucker, IOL/OT, USC
3rd round 69th overall -- Daviyon Nixon, IDL, Iowa
4th round 110th overall -- Quinn Meinerz, IOL, Wisc Whitewater
5th round 150th overall --- Jaylen Twyman, Edge/IDL, Pitt
6th round 191st overall --- Charles Snowden Edge/OLB, Virginia
7th round 231st overall --- Tony Fields II, LB, West Virginia
7th round 233rd overall --- JaCoby Stevens, S, LSU

Id jump for joy with that draft!

I think Twyman goes early 3rd imo..

14 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

I would suggest that nobody drafts a back up QB  in the 1st round, when you draft a 1st Round QB you draft him to play, even if it is right away for down the line depending on your current starter (See: Aaron Rodgers waiting a few years before Bret Farvre left)

Um Hurts wasn't a first round pick, Jalen Reagor was their first round pick last year. Hurts went late in round 2, which is where a team would take a backup QB if their starter has a history of injuries as Wentz did.

Archived