2021 Mock Draft Simulators

5 hours ago, membengal said:

Ok? How do we know that, exactly?

watch the tape? 
Hill will run through people when he needs to, you’ll never see Waddle do that. Not saying he can’t be dynamic in the NFL but if you're gonna spend a top 10 pick on a little WR there’s a certain criteria that he has to meet IMO. Playing bigger than his size is at or near the top of that list. 

On 2/20/2021 at 1:04 PM, Cricket said:

Then sign him to a long-term deal.  

Franchise tag is a short-term “solution”.

Unless things have changed, a second year of being franchised comes with AT LEAST a twenty percent increase in pay.  A third year of being franchised is at the average pay of the top five contracts in the league, REGARDLESS OF POSITION, but must be at least another twenty percent increase.

:liberalmedia:

It may cost a few million more this season to use the franchise tag but the team would avoid having a large bonus paid up front. I assume a lot of teams will not want to do this given the state of cash flow, or lack there of, from no ticket sales, etc. 

But edge rushers are far harder to come by the corners (comparing to WJ III), so Lawson needs to be the top priority and he needs to be retained. 

On 2/23/2021 at 1:10 PM, membengal said:

Daniel Jermiah's latest top 50...

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-s-top-50-2021-nfl-draft-prospect-rankings-2-0

Of note for many of our discussions in here:

Chase 2
Pitts 3
Waddle 6
Slater 7
Smith8
Sewell 9

This is a guy just trying to be different.  That board would be laughed at by 31 of 32 NFL GMs.  

My new approach when I run a mock- won't entertain a trade offer that moves the Bengals back further than 10th in first round (should be one of Chase, Sewell, Waddle, Pitts, or Smith available at 10 - after that less certain I can get one of them). My latest pff mock yielded the usual trade-back with Denver at 9, trading 5 for 9, 40, and 71 and brought this result:

First round Pick 9 overall, Ja'Marr Chase, WR, LSU
Second round Pick 38 overall, Gregory Rousseau, Edge, UMiami
Second round Pick 40 overall, Sam Cosmi, T, Texas
Third round pick 69 overall, Aaron Robinson, CB, UCF
Third round pick 71 overall, Marvin Wilson, IDL, Florida State
Fourth round pick 111 overall, Quinn Meinerz, IOL, Wisc Whitewater
Fifth round pick 150 overall, Jaylan Twyman, Edge/IDL, Pitt
Sixth round pick 192 overall, Tommy Kraemer, IOL, Notre Dame
Seventh round pick 231 overall, Marquez Stevenson, WR, Houston
Seventh round pick 233 overall, JaCoby Stevens, S, LSU

Done and done. Prob my favorite mock yet. 

29 minutes ago, membengal said:

My new approach when I run a mock- won't entertain a trade offer that moves the Bengals back further than 10th in first round (should be one of Chase, Sewell, Waddle, Pitts, or Smith available at 10 - after that less certain I can get one of them). My latest pff mock yielded the usual trade-back with Denver at 9, trading 5 for 9, 40, and 71 and brought this result:

First round Pick 9 overall, Ja'Marr Chase, WR, LSU
Second round Pick 38 overall, Gregory Rousseau, Edge, UMiami
Second round Pick 40 overall, Sam Cosmi, T, Texas
Third round pick 69 overall, Aaron Robinson, CB, UCF
Third round pick 71 overall, Marvin Wilson, IDL, Florida State
Fourth round pick 111 overall, Quinn Meinerz, IOL, Wisc Whitewater
Fifth round pick 150 overall, Jaylan Twyman, Edge/IDL, Pitt
Sixth round pick 192 overall, Tommy Kraemer, IOL, Notre Dame
Seventh round pick 231 overall, Marquez Stevenson, WR, Houston
Seventh round pick 233 overall, JaCoby Stevens, S, LSU

Done and done. Prob my favorite mock yet. 

You really think Chase will be there at 9??

Hell your on his bandwagon so why would you put him at 9??

You know Rousseau wont be at 38 with everyone wanting pass rushers..

Know nothing of Roibinson..

Rest looks good..

This time he was. One of chase, Sewell, smith, waddle or pitts will be. In this mock Sewell, smith, and pitts were gone along with four qbs. A cb went and I had chase or waddle. It’s a mock. I played the hand I was dealt. And someone on the defensive line will fall. Might be Rousseau. Might be barrmore. Took what fell to me.

6 hours ago, spicoli said:

What do you think he got wrong? Just curious. 

The 3 wide receivers in the top 10 for a start.   It is by far the most overrated position in football.  6 WRs were drafted in the first round last year, none of their teams went to the playoffs.  The best receivers in the 2019 draft were drafted round 2 plus.  

Trying to get cute with the QB choices (other than Lawrence) is another issue.  Hell, Kiper is now talking Mack Jones to Panthers at 8 or 9?  LOL, these guys are just talking to hear their own voice. 

4 minutes ago, membengal said:

This time he was. One of chase, Sewell, smith, waddle or pitts will be. In this mock Sewell, smith, and pitts were gone along with four qbs. A cb went and I had chase or waddle. It’s a mock. I played the hand I was dealt. And someone on the defensive line will fall. Might be Rousseau. Might be barrmore. Took what fell to me.

Good job...interestng and who knows how it will play out really..

29 minutes ago, SF2 said:

The 3 wide receivers in the top 10 for a start.   It is by far the most overrated position in football.  6 WRs were drafted in the first round last year, none of their teams went to the playoffs.  The best receivers in the 2019 draft were drafted round 2 plus.  

Trying to get cute with the QB choices (other than Lawrence) is another issue.  Hell, Kiper is now talking Mack Jones to Panthers at 8 or 9?  LOL, these guys are just talking to hear their own voice. 

Fair enough. 

Matt Miller has updated his top 50 after a chance to spend more time with film. Here's his top 10:

1. QB Trevor Lawrence, Clemson
Previous Rank: 1
Details: QB1 — 6'5 5/8"— 213 lbs
NFL Comparison: Andrew Luck

2. WR Ja'Marr Chase, LSU
Previous Rank: 5
Details: WR1—6'0 1/4"—208
NFL Comparison: Michael Thomas (but faster)

3. TE Kyle Pitts, Florida
Previous Rank: 6
Details: TE1—6'5 1/4"—246
NFL Comparison: Mike Evans + Darren Waller

4. OT Penei Sewell, Oregon
Previous Rank: 2
Details: OT1—6'5 1/8"—330
NFL Comparison: Jason Peters

5. QB Justin Fields, Ohio State
Previous Rank: 9
Details: QB2—6'2 5/8"—228
NFL Comparison: Dak Prescott

6. LB Micah Parsons, Penn State
Previous Rank: 8
Details: LB1—6'2 1/8"—245
NFL Comparison: Jaylon Smith

7. OT Rashawn Slater, Northwestern
Previous Rank: 3
Details: OT2—6'2 5/8"—314
NFL Comparison: Joe Staley

8. QB Zach Wilson, BYU
Previous Rank: 11
Details: QB3—6'2 3/8"—210
NFL Comparison: Kyler Murray

9. WR DeVonta Smith, Alabama
Previous Rank: 4
Details: WR2—6'0 5/8"—175
NFL Comparison: Reggie Wayne

10. WR Jaylen Waddle, Alabama
Previous Rank: 7
Details: WR3—5'9 3/4"—182
NFL Comparison: Tyreek Hill

According to Dr. Matt Rhea, Alabama’s Director of Performance Science, Landon Dickerson showed impressive athleticism working split squats while moving his knee. The 6-foot-6, 325-pounder displayed explosiveness in his movements, and he has strongly attacked every process of his rehab. He will have an opportunity on March 23 to turn in a marquee performance at his pro day at Alabama.

https://tdalabamamag.com/2021/02/25/...recovery-knee/

11 hours ago, membengal said:

6. LB Micah Parsons, Penn State
Previous Rank: 8
Details: LB1—6'2 1/8"—245
NFL Comparison: Jaylon Smith

Man if I thought the Bengals valued LB enough to take one top 5, I'd be all about taking Parsons if they could fix that OL in FA. They're in dire need of difference makers on that defense and frankly that kid checks a lot of boxes. Tone-setter, coverage, pass rusher...he's the total package. 

2 hours ago, spicoli said:

Man if I thought the Bengals valued LB enough to take one top 5, I'd be all about taking Parsons if they could fix that OL in FA. They're in dire need of difference makers on that defense and frankly that kid checks a lot of boxes. Tone-setter, coverage, pass rusher...he's the total package. 

Outside of Sewell this is the guy I keep thinking about as well but I just don't know if he would be put in a position to succeed with the Bengals.  He seems like a great pass rusher which they need and can cover some as well.  If he is what the draft reviews say he could be a game changer that the defense really needs.

After Oline a great defensive player is much more valuable than a WR or TE for this team.

2 hours ago, spicoli said:

Love to have him but they may feel they have a young group that they can feel ok with this coming year..

Pratt needs to learn to wrap and roll on tackles.

Wilson got enough snaps to know ehere his weaknesses were..

Davis-Gaither really improved in all areas the final 5 weeks..

We have to acquire olinemen that are good at pass protection first but can help in run blocking.

JBs knees will allways come first in protection..

Pollack is a teacher in technique which should benefit all of them after Turners stay..

You want a playoff team?

Build the Oline to be respectable..

10 minutes ago, soundstreamer said:

I just don't know if he would be put in a position to succeed with the Bengals. 

Could say that about anyone though, can't you? Kind of have to assume they will make the most of whatever talent is available, else they may as well just stuff all the jerseys with straw. 

13 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

Could say that about anyone though, can't you? Kind of have to assume they will make the most of whatever talent is available, else they may as well just stuff all the jerseys with straw. 

I agree with that. But I was saying that based on their recent inability to develop a LB into a quality NFL player.  Plus I don't have much faith in Golden.  Parsons on paper seems like exactly what the defense needs.

12 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Love to have him but they may feel they have a young group that they can feel ok with this coming year..

Pratt needs to learn to wrap and roll on tackles.

Wilson got enough snaps to know ehere his weaknesses were..

Davis-Gaither really improved in all areas the final 5 weeks..

We have to acquire olinemen that are good at pass protection first but can help in run blocking.

JBs knees will allways come first in protection..

Pollack is a teacher in technique which should benefit all of them after Turners stay..

You want a playoff team?

Build the Oline to be respectable..

Yep. 

There is like Chase blindness going on or something. 

Archived