2021 Mock Draft Simulators

1 hour ago, MichaelWeston said:

Yep. 

There is like Chase blindness going on or something. 

What playing victim are you talking about? Was playfully being passive aggressive right back at you. you've made it clear, you are Sewell or if he is not there reach massively or bust. You won't entertain any other approach. 

But, sure, Chase blindness and what not. Coolio. 

2 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

Yep. 

There is like Chase blindness going on or something. 

Why do some of you guys have it stuck in your heads that the only way they can possibly fix that OL is by taking one at 5? I don’t get it. 

1 hour ago, membengal said:

What playing victim are you talking about? Was playfully being passive aggressive right back at you. you've made it clear, you are Sewell or if he is not there reach massively or bust. You won't entertain any other approach. 

But, sure, Chase blindness and what not. Coolio. 

There is no such thing as reach massively. That's what everyone said with Ramczyk when we took Ross. I wanted Ramczyk. We would have been much better off. If you get a starter there isn't such a thing as a reach. And if there is you just trade down. 

Just now, spicoli said:

Why do some of you guys have it stuck in your heads that the only way they can possibly fix that OL is by taking one at 5? I don’t get it. 

Because there are so many needs that not taking a first round lineman is negligence. Even if you signed 2 starters in Free Agency, you still need lineman. Even if you could argue that we could take one in the second round we are then ignoring the DL and that's nonsense as well. I think the only logical choices are take Sewell or trade down. I think you need 3 early picks on the lines. If you can trade back to 7-12 and get another 2nd rounder then we can still do that. 

I think people are forgetting just how little we have invested in this line in the draft even though we tried with Fisher-Price-Oqbuehi

8 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

There is no such thing as reach massively. That's what everyone said with Ramczyk when we took Ross. I wanted Ramczyk. We would have been much better off. If you get a starter there isn't such a thing as a reach. And if there is you just trade down. 

Taking any o-lineman at 5 other than Sewell is to massively reach. 

Just. No. 

1 minute ago, MichaelWeston said:

Who do you have in mind at DT and DE that would make an impact and be affordable?

They get the impact DT with a healthy return of Reader. Hubbard and Lawson would be fine at DE if they can get Reader a little more help in the middle. Holes can be filled on this team before the draft. 

56 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

And WR isn't a first level need. 

I'm  going to stick my nose in this for a bit and the run away like a scalded dog. :)

Here are what in my (admittedly amateur) opinion on what positions are a bigger need then WR

OL

DL

CB

TE

Then WR

The problem with saying we can fill needs before the draft in FA is no one knows if last year was an aberration or not. For all we know Mikey is sitting at home thing "I spent 53 million on a DT and all I got was a doctors bill". I HOPE they at least sign Thuney as he already has a ring, but that's is not a gimme and even if they do you will still need another tackle. Thuney will be pricey and we have our own FA we will have to worry about. Lawson got tagged and I'm hoping to keep WJIII. Since I'm dreaming, how about extending Bates and Hubbard before their contract expire.

One last thing, if we need  a speed receiver so bad, how about getting a FA one?

Rant off, I'll  go back  to my corner now. :steelerssuck:

9 hours ago, spicoli said:

You don't have to draft Penei Sewell to accomplish that though. They can take Parson or Chase or Pitts and STILL fix the OL. 

I feel like I say this every Spring now but one draft pick is not going to fix this OL.

At this point 2-3 draft picks aren't going to fix this OL.  There's not one position on the line that couldn't be upgraded (at best).  

25 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

At this point 2-3 draft picks aren't going to fix this OL.  There's not one position on the line that couldn't be upgraded (at best). 

Which is exactly why they're going to have to sign a couple of starters in FA.

You definitely don't have to spend a top 5 pick on a right tackle, you can get starters there in R2. They're not going to try and upgrade JWilliams at LT, they're just not. That's not me praising Jonah, that's just me knowing the Bengals MO. Sign a starting right tackle, sign a starting right guard and then fill in the depth in the 2nd round and beyond. With Pollack here now, that should be plenty. 

22 minutes ago, spicoli said:

You definitely don't have to spend a top 5 pick on a right tackle, you can get starters there in R2. They're not going to try and upgrade JWilliams at LT, they're just not. That's not me praising Jonah, that's just me knowing the Bengals MO. Sign a starting right tackle, sign a starting right guard and then fill in the depth in the 2nd round and beyond. With Pollack here now, that should be plenty. 

Sign a RG or LG???

You think Spain is done at RG??

27 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Sadly believe you're right about Jonah.  I don't think they necessarily need to replace him but having an LT on the roster that has actually survived a full season of NFL football seems important. Of course this team has a long history of ignoring a player's injury history, as Tyler Eifert's bank account can confirm.

Thing is, I find it almost as unlikely that they will sign two quality OL starters as free agents. 

There's a reason a number of people wanted to wait on drafting a QB until the rest of the team (notably the OL) got their shit together.  They've drafted a phenomenal talent that they've been hyping relentlessly but then they treat him like a caretaker QB when it comes to actually building a team around him.  This is year 3 of their alleged rebuild and the roster is still far below even an average level of talent.

Archived