2021 Mock Draft Simulators

17 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Why would they? 

Of course they'd love to have his talent there..

He doesn't want to play there..pretty clear about it.

Makes the organization's image bad when your best player doesn't want to play there...

5 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

You do know Creed Humphrey is lefthanded right?

Unless hes snapping for Tua then hell move to guard..

If you like him there fine..

What does it matter if the guy is left handed who he is snapping to. Pretty sure that makes no difference.

51 minutes ago, CalifBengalfan said:

What does it matter if the guy is left handed who he is snapping to. Pretty sure that makes no difference.

Yes it does matter..

Spin of the snap mostly..

Give me all of the left handers centers in the NFL and no long snappers..

Humphrey to Tua would be a natural feel..

On 2/28/2021 at 9:25 AM, spicoli said:

I’ll take a LG and RT in FA then take Chase or Pitts at 5 and Creed Humphrey at 38. 
OL fixed AND you pick up an elite weapon for JoeyB.
Seems like a good plan to me. 

If we signed a LG and RT in FA, I would still look at Sewell at #5 if he was there, or if we traded down and picked up Slater. We should never think a position is 'fixed', injuries , free agency, other issues can crop up quickly and you go from fixed to f*cked in an instant. 

We will see soon enough how committed the team is to fixing the OL quickly and correctly. As much as we have loads of cap space, the Browns may not want to spend it all given the stadium revenue unknowns plus we dont know if the free agent players will still want pre-covid type contracts. I suspect a lot of 1 year deals for moderate monies, so even if we picked up 2 good OL for 1 or two years deals, drafting Sewell may still make the most sense. 

Weapons for JB are far easier to find then OL to keep him upright and healthy. 

35 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

We should never think a position is 'fixed', injuries , free agency, other issues can crop up quickly and you go from fixed to f*cked in an instant. 

It has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with whether or not we think it’s fixed. What we think has no relevance. 

19 hours ago, spicoli said:

How about Thuney, Havenstein and Leonard Williams in FA? That’s my goal for them. 
Unrealistic? 

Havenstein can be obtained in trade. Williams may well be tagged again but he'd be a great replacement for Geno. Signing big money guys like Thuney and Williams, who will likely cost 35 mil between them probably means letting WJ3 and Lawson go.

17 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

On another note..Watson informed the new HC that hes not playing for him .

This was yesterday...

So the Jets and Miami are his (secretive) destinations...

Jets could give the 2nd Darnold and their 4th..

Miami could go their 3rd Tua and their fourth...

I lowballed Houston due to the  corner Watson put them in..

They take Miami's with Tua and draft Chase to partner with Cooks and Fuller..

And.. Bengals door is open to draft Sewell....

Watson will fetch multiple first round picks plus players or other picks.

17 hours ago, spicoli said:

There's no way Houston lets Watson go this year, IMO.

Who the hell are they going to get that's better?

They have some leverage, I just can't see them letting him go. 

Houston has no leverage if Watson doesn't want to play for them. If he pulls a Riggins and sits out the entire year, they'll get even less for him next year.

1 minute ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

"OL fixed" 

Your post, why post if it seemingly has no relevance?

Fixed in the eyes of Mike Brown, not mine. 
I never predict what I would do, I predict what I think MB will do. 

22 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

Yeah Houston has no leverage if Watson doesn't want to play for them. If he pulls a Riggins and sits out the entire year, they'll get even less for him next year.

I mean what’s he going to do, retire? His rights stay with Houston no matter what so it’s not like he can retire for a year and then come back and play for someone else. If they don’t want to give him up he doesn’t really have a whole lot of options. Sit at home and get fined out the ass every week I guess. 

12 minutes ago, spicoli said:

I mean what’s he going to do, retire? His rights stay with Houston no matter what so it’s not like he can retire for a year and then come back and play for someone else. If they don’t want to give him up he doesn’t really have a whole lot of options. Sit at home and get fined out the ass every week I guess. 

Sounds like a funtime in Houston..

A QB that cant stand to play there.

The lockerroom would be overjoyed at the idea that he doesn't want to play with them..

All around bad position for the Texans..

Hell they were bad With him so its nit like hes taking them to the promised land..

Trade him for a good package and start their new future now!

3 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Trade him for a good package and start their new future now!

I mean they might hold onto him out of spite. That’s what MB would do. Dude in Houston might have same mentality. 

4 minutes ago, spicoli said:

I mean they might hold onto him out of spite. That’s what MB would do. Dude in Houston might have same mentality. 

Anything is possible but its a bad look by the organization ...

Do you want to tell their fans we re going to toss the 2021 season and wait him out??

Ummmm no...

11 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Carson Watson?

Deandre Palmer?

Basically yeah...

Look if Houston was a playoff brink team maybe hed stay..i dont know..

Fact is they suck now and Watson going into his Prime years doesnt want to play there.

Why keep him when you can rebuild with assets theyll receive for him?

I said Miami could give them Tua and their 3 pick plus theur 4th rounder and was told not enough..

Maybe they throw in 2022 1st rounder as well..

Houston would have their QB plus draft Chase 3. and early fourth rounders and 2 first rounders next year..

Id take it...

2 hours ago, spicoli said:

Fixed in the eyes of Mike Brown, not mine. 
I never predict what I would do, I predict what I think MB will do. 

Mike Brown thought he fixed it last year, so I would not expect him to do a whole lot more. He would rather his QB takes hits then actually pay for an elite Guard. 

17 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Yes it does matter..

Spin of the snap mostly..

Give me all of the left handers centers in the NFL and no long snappers..

Humphrey to Tua would be a natural feel..

Not buying that. Spin of the snap for a long snapper may be different but don`t see that affecting much and not a Qb under center. That sounds the same as saying receivers are gonna drop the ball when the lefty comes in or vice versa cause the ball is spinning in the opposite direction. And lefty to lefty wouldn`t feel natural if as you say all the centers are right handed and then the lefty would have to get used to a lefty. 

Either way pretty sure a little practice would smoothe things out.

10 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Mike Brown thought he fixed it last year, so I would not expect him to do a whole lot more. He would rather his QB takes hits then actually pay for an elite Guard. 

Which is why they are very very likely to take a WR at 5. 

13 minutes ago, CalifBengalfan said:

Not buying that. Spin of the snap for a long snapper may be different but don`t see that affecting much and not a Qb under center. That sounds the same as saying receivers are gonna drop the ball when the lefty comes in or vice versa cause the ball is spinning in the opposite direction. And lefty to lefty wouldn`t feel natural if as you say all the centers are right handed and then the lefty would have to get used to a lefty. 

Either way pretty sure a little practice would smoothe things out.

Good post..

I still ask you how many left handed centers are in the NFL?

Archived