2021 Mock Draft Simulators

I’m tellin ya.. Pitts is the second best prospect in this draft behind Lawrence. 
Stop thinking of him as a TE and simply look at him as a weapon.
Uncoverable comes to mind. 
Great kid on top of it. 

01 PENNEI SEWELL (OT) OREGON 
02 JOSEPH OSSAI (EDGE) TEXAS (OR) JOE TRYON (EDGE) WASHINGTON
03 MARVIN WILSON (DT) FLA ST
04 QUINN MEINERZ (OG) WISC-WHITEWATER
05 REGGIE ROBINSON (DB) TULSA
06 KUONY DENG (LB) CALIFORNIA
7A QUINTON BOHANNA (NT) KENTUCKY
7B MARK WEBB (DB) GEORGIA

Re-sign Lawson & Jackson. Add a starting OG/RT as well as rotational TE (Everett?), WR, LB & CB/S in Free Agency if possible.  I'd also bring in a FA (Pro/College or both) PK for competition.

If you add a starting RT instead of OG in FA, Williams moves inside to Guard.

55 minutes ago, snarkster said:

01 PENNEI SEWELL (OT) OREGON 
02 JOSEPH OSSAI (EDGE) TEXAS (OR) JOE TRYON (EDGE) WASHINGTON
03 MARVIN WILSON (DT) FLA ST
04 QUINN MEINERZ (OG) WISC-WHITEWATER
05 REGGIE ROBINSON (DB) TULSA
06 KUONY DENG (LB) CALIFORNIA
7A QUINTON BOHANNA (NT) KENTUCKY
7B MARK WEBB (DB) GEORGIA

Re-sign Lawson & Jackson. Add a starting OG/RT as well as rotational TE (Everett?), WR, LB & CB/S in Free Agency if possible.  I'd also bring in a FA (Pro/College or both) PK for competition.

If you add a starting RT instead of OG in FA, Williams moves inside to Guard.

You must have done some research on 5th round on down and ill look them up..

You gave us Sewell so allready i like this draft of yours..

Tryon is a nice pick at 2..

Wilson is a big 3 technique which Ive been very impressed with..

Replace Meinerz with a better lineman.

Like how you stuck to the Oline and front seven in first 4 rounds plus additions to their units in free agency as well.

Good mock..

I’m now torn b/w Chase or Sewell at 5.  THere’s a good chance there will be an OT worth taking in the 2nd round, but no WR worth taking.  I’d love to see them go Chase/Leatherwood (or some other OT)...or Sewell/Dickerson.  Sewell/Dickerson instantly makes this an above average line and gives us the size our current o-line lacks.  I’m afraid Dickerson will sneak into the 1st, but I’m hoping other teams have concerns about his injuries.

I'd prefer the Bengals address the offensive line in a big way through free agency with a bonafide OG and OT allowing them to go another way in the draft for a weapon player as mentioned. I am way onside with that being Pitts as I think TE is a way bigger need than people realize. I would also love Chase for obvious reasons. As much as I like Sewell, we will go more than 600 days between games from his last one in college to his first one in the pros. I am not sure he's going to be the guy to come in and save Joe's life in 2021. I would not hate the pick but, my preference is offensive line in free agency and BPA in the first.

2 hours ago, MichaelWeston said:

They think Chase makes more sense. 

Their logic is dumb

It does matter how the sliders are set, but even then their algo doesn't seem to really take team needs into heavy consideration, and even less so what you've already drafted. 

I completed a "do the opposite" draft (with more weight toward team needs and low randomness on the sliders) and took Zach Wilson and it gave me A+ for the pick and A- for the whole draft:

WTF-Draft.thumb.png.b7aaf9b9c1bf31d25744040513738743.png

17 hours ago, WRAPradio said:

I’m now torn b/w Chase or Sewell at 5.  THere’s a good chance there will be an OT worth taking in the 2nd round, but no WR worth taking.  I’d love to see them go Chase/Leatherwood (or some other OT)...or Sewell/Dickerson.  Sewell/Dickerson instantly makes this an above average line and gives us the size our current o-line lacks.  I’m afraid Dickerson will sneak into the 1st, but I’m hoping other teams have concerns about his injuries.

I dunno, there have been some absolutely great WRs pick after round 1 lately. Metcalf, A.J. Brown, and Terry McLaurin  in 2019 alone. Higgins and Claypool last year. 

Just thinking out loud.

Raiders may unload from their OLine.

OC Trey Hopkins / Billie Price

OG Jonah Williams / Xavier Su'a-Filo

OG Gabe Jackson (FA) / 

OT Pennei Sewell (1) / Hakeem Adeniji

OT Troy Brown (FA) / Fred Johnson

5 minutes ago, snarkster said:

Just thinking out loud.

OG Gabe Jackson (FA) / 

Get Jackson to start..

Keep Spain if you can ..

Better depth...

5 hours ago, snarkster said:

Just thinking out loud.

OG Gabe Jackson (FA) / 

But wait... where's Bobby?

5 hours ago, snarkster said:

Just thinking out loud.

OG Gabe Jackson (FA) / 

Honestly, it’s time to release Price and use the 2mil saved toward an actual player who can at least provide depth.  There will be more available as teams like the Saints are forced to shed massive payroll. 

This will be a great year for the Bengals to pick up good role players cheap.  

Guys who suck their first 3 years rarely figure it out year 4.  

7 hours ago, High School Harry said:

But wait... where's Bobby?

I dont think they go after Trent Brown..

Misses alot of games injuries.

Not all that good at pass protecting..

Hes massive in the run game but Hart was effective also..

Jackson is a bullish guard but declining some...

I still like him though..

I think they wait and see what other linemen will be out there..

For the Sewell truthers, from Matt Miller’s mock today:

5. Cincinnati Bengals—OT Penei Sewell, Oregon

Get used to this one. You’ll see Sewell predicted here all the way to April 29 given the intel available. I was hearing from league sources in December that Sewell was already locked in as the Bengals’ target in Round 1

Sorry guys, I haven't been active because I have been very bust recently. But here is another scenario at this point prior to FA. 

First of all I am making the dangerous assumption that we grab Thuney or his equivalent in FA as a starting point.

Trade back to get Slater and another 2nd and 3rd.

Trade up with a 2nd and both 3rds to the mid 20's and get Jaylen Mayfield (who I think is the 3rd best OL in the draft.) 

Get the best remaining OL like Cosmi or Patrick Jones at Edge

( our Oline would be Jonah, Thuney, Hopkins/Price, Slater, Mayfield. I think that sets up the OL for immediate and future success.)

Get Terrance Marshall to replace AJ ( trade up if you need to. (Marshal is under rated IMO, will fit with Tee and Tyler and Burrow already is familiar with him.) 

Hit the D with the rest if the draft if you like as IMO the O would be set up for a top 10 ranking. 

It is just a thought and a scenario I haven't quite seen yet. I am sure some won't like it but I think it could work. 

45 minutes ago, membengal said:

For the Sewell truthers, from Matt Miller’s mock today:

5. Cincinnati Bengals—OT Penei Sewell, Oregon

Get used to this one. You’ll see Sewell predicted here all the way to April 29 given the intel available. I was hearing from league sources in December that Sewell was already locked in as the Bengals’ target in Round 1

I get that. He and Chase would both be solid contributors depending on the results of FA. But there is rumor that both could be gone. Miami has their eyes on Chase big time and the Jets seem to really like Sewell. That could mean our 5th pick would be very valuable for a QB needy team willing to trade up. Personally I think a good OL prospect will be there for us in the 2nd so I like Chase if he falls and we have already nabbed Thuney on FA. But the draft cannot come into focus at all until after FA and we see who we can get and who we lose. Speculation is fun but that is all it can be until then.    

Archived