2021 Mock Draft Simulators

2 hours ago, membengal said:

For the Sewell truthers, from Matt Miller’s mock today:

5. Cincinnati Bengals—OT Penei Sewell, Oregon

Get used to this one. You’ll see Sewell predicted here all the way to April 29 given the intel available. I was hearing from league sources in December that Sewell was already locked in as the Bengals’ target in Round 1

I agree...😎

2 hours ago, JungleJohn said:

Jets seem to really like Sewell. 

Jets are going quarterback.  They are praising Sam D to the heavens and saying everything but he will be there and start.  Pumping him up for some sucker.  He gone.

(btw... not being contradictory and argumentative.  I like your input and your viewpoints.)

Matt Miller's 3 picks for the Bengals were:

1. Sewell

2. Terrance Marhsall (LSU WR)

3. Rashad Weaver (Pitt dline)

If they flub it up in FA and don’t get OL help,  I’d be pretty happy with those first 3 picks. . 

Matt Miller's 3 picks for the Bengals were:

1. Sewell

2. Terrance Marhsall (LSU WR)

3. Rashad Weaver (Pitt dline)

Couple other receivers to note is

Tamorrion Terry..4th rounder 

Trevon Grimes......5th rounder projected..

13 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Who has ESPN plus? Curious what McShays new mock looks like.

Here's the first 7 anyway

1. Jacksonville Jaguars

Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson

I might start beginning my mock drafts with the second pick, because Lawrence heading down to Jacksonville to become new coach Urban Meyer's franchise QB is about as close to a lock as you can have in early March. The Jaguars' quarterback room has ranked among the league's worst in Total QBR over the past three seasons, finishing no higher than 26th over that time. But Lawrence has elite traits in just about every area of his game.

Michael DiRocco on his fit with the Jaguars: Lawrence would start out of the gate even if the Jaguars do sign Alex Smith, which seems to be the trendy rumor considering his time with Meyer at Utah. Play the kid and start the rebuild.

nyj.png&h=110&w=110

2. New York Jets

Zach Wilson, QB, BYU

The logic here stands from my last mock draft: I expect Wilson to be the No. 2 overall pick, whether or not it is the Jets making it. Projecting this pick isn't necessarily suggesting they should or will move on from Sam Darnold, but if they do, Wilson is the obvious next move. If they don't, watch for a QB-needy team to trade up to take him here. Wilson is creative and can extend plays, he can hit the deep ball and his toughness in the pocket stands out.

Rich Cimini on his fit with the Jets: If it is the Jets taking Wilson, that would mean the end for Darnold, who would be traded -- and perhaps before the Jets are even on the clock. I think New York would look to acquire a "bridge" quarterback to ease the transition for Wilson, but it also needs to find some playmakers to put around him.

EDITOR'S PICKS

mia.png&h=110&w=110car.png&h=110&w=110

Trade: Carolina jumps the QB line

All of a sudden, we are all about the mock draft trades. But to be fair, this class is nearly impossible to predict without some movement. I'm sticking with this Miami-Carolina swap again, which gives the Panthers a chance to land a difference-making QB. The Dolphins originally acquired this pick in a 2019 deal with Houston, and it's the gift that keeps on giving: The Dolphins would likely haul in a big package that could include the No. 8 pick, Carolina's second-rounder (No. 39) and a future 2022 first-rounder.

car.png&h=110&w=110

3. Carolina Panthers (via mock trade with MIA through HOU)

Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State

Carolina is closer to competing than its 5-11 record suggested, and a real game-breaker under center would go a long way toward getting the Panthers there. Teddy Bridgewater was more of a game manager last season, especially down the stretch, throwing only four more touchdowns than interceptions. Fields can make off-schedule throws or tuck it and run, but he has shown poise when he hangs in the pocket too. Accuracy pops on his deep balls.

David Newton on his fit with the Panthers: Even if Bridgewater isn't traded and remains on the roster, Carolina likely would throw Fields into the starting lineup and grow with him as it did with Cam Newton in 2011. You trade up like this only if you believe that player will be your franchise quarterback and can make an immediate impact. Bridgewater's deal runs through 2022, but there is a potential out after this season.

atl.png&h=110&w=110

4. Atlanta Falcons

Trey Lance, QB, North Dakota State

The QB run is on, and Lance to Atlanta makes it four signal-callers in the first four picks -- that has never happened. I like Lance's field vision, pocket presence, arm strength and mobility. He needs time to learn and develop -- he started only 17 games at North Dakota State -- but Atlanta offers him the chance to do so with Matt Ryan under contract through 2023. There's no guarantee that the Falcons will be drafting this high again any time soon, and they shouldn't be planning on it. Take the opportunity to find Ryan's heir now.

Michael DiRocco on his fit with the Falcons: Lance would sit and learn behind Ryan in 2021 and maybe even for at least part of the 2022 season. Ryan is still playing at a high level, and his contract makes it hard for the Falcons to move on, at least this year.

cin.png&h=110&w=110

5. Cincinnati Bengals

Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon

Protecting quarterback Joe Burrow should be Cincinnati's primary concern this offseason, after the Bengals' line allowed 48 sacks in 2020. Burrow was pressured or hit on nearly 30% of his dropbacks before he suffered a season-ending knee injury in Week 11. Sewell is the top offensive lineman in the class despite opting out last season, and he'd help keep the Bengals' franchise QB upright for years to come.

Ben Baby on his fit with the Bengals: Sewell represents long-term stability at left tackle that should help solidify an offensive line that still needs to address the interior. If Sewell comes aboard, that likely means Jonah Williams will slide to right tackle.

phi.png&h=110&w=110

6. Philadelphia Eagles

Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida

Despite the Eagles' glaring weakness at wide receiver, I'm mixing it up with Pitts at No. 6. It'd be the 10th time a tight end has been drafted before the first wide receiver off the board, and only four other tight ends have ever been taken in the top six. But here's the thing: Pitts is more than just a tight end. He's a matchup nightmare who can line up all over the place, and his great speed, hands and 6-foot-6 size make him extremely difficult to contain. Philadelphia should add receiver help in free agency, but a Pitts-Dallas Goedert pairing is a dream for any offensive coordinator.

Tim McManus on his fit with the Eagles: With Zach Ertz expected to be traded or released, Pitts would immediately assume a co-starter role alongside Goedert. The Eagles used two-tight end sets a league-high 35% of the time last season -- a number that would skyrocket toward their 2019 totals (52%) with Pitts in the fold.

det.png&h=110&w=110

7. Detroit Lions

Ja'Marr Chase, WR, LSU

It's tough to favor either Chase or Alabama's DeVonta Smith over the other, but the former might have an edge thanks to better physical traits. Perhaps his opt-out season has some forgetting that Chase posted 20 touchdowns and close to 1,800 receiving yards in 2019. The Lions' wide receiver corps is expected to see major turnover over the next few weeks, and new Detroit GM Brad Holmes needs to find some playmakers for the recently acquired Jared Goff.

Michael Rothstein on his fit with the Lions: Wide receivers Marvin Jones Jr., Danny Amendola and Jamal Agnew are set to be free agents, and questions loom about whether Detroit will tag Kenny Golladay or let him walk. Detroit signed veteran Tyrell Williams this week, but the Lions are obviously seeking playmaking cornerstones for their rebuild. Chase fits in that mold perfectly.

22 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Jets are going quarterback.  They are praising Sam D to the heavens and saying everything but he will be there and start.  Pumping him up for some sucker.  He gone.

(btw... not being contradictory and argumentative.  I like your input and your viewpoints.)

I love argumentative by the way. I never learned anything from a "yea, me too guy".  I was never a big fan Darnold. 

6 minutes ago, JungleJohn said:

I love argumentative by the way. I never learned anything from a "yea, me too guy".  I was never a big fan Darnold. 

Jets arent fans of Darnold either..

Theyll draft Zach Wilson (like they should) and trade Darnold..(Dont know which will come first)..

Nothing in Darnolds game suggests hes nothing more than mediocre ...

4 hours ago, membengal said:

He one of the top 3 or 4 linemen who plays with a nasty brawling attitude...Tre Smith being another..

His arm length will determine his position..

Some sat its under 33*" while he said they were at 33 5/8" which is under the 34" threshold for a tackle but Jonah was 33 5/8" as well so he may be allright there..

Length is the reason i would run away from Creed Humphrey..31 1/2" stubs....

Thats why Slater and his 32.25 arms will play interior..

Archived